Listing monitored by 1st Energy

• Rates and Fees

Frustrating

First bill has been overestimated to the point of ridiculous. So I have called to provide an actual read and they tell me that the system is currently down. So now I'm stuck waiting for a call with a bill equivalent to three months worth when we were with AGL!!!! We moved hoping this smaller Australian company would provide better service bit so far that is not the case.

Clare M.
Clare M.

Fyi I called back the next day - system was still down and they would call me when it was back up. Wait three more days. I rang them, the system was indeed back up they just hadn't returned my call?

Baldrick
BaldrickTasmania

Absolutely hopeless company to deal with -zero customer service.

Kept sending me wildly overestimated bills with a huge price tag.
Kept emailing them photographs of the actual meter reading which they ignored then later said were never received, and they keep telling me I owe them for the huge estimated bills.
Customer service staff are unhelpful and disinterested in solving their problem, which has now become mine.
Never return calls and will tell you anything to get you off the phone.
Be warned. Stay away from this company. They are only interested in price gouging customers.

Been waiting 5 days for a return call back, bill is high for 1 person and no concession connected to my bill

Rang up 5 days ago and still no call back, my very first bill was high and my concession card not connected to my bill and was told my bill will be low but it's high compared to the last company for a month. Funny thing though I don't use are conditioning or heating when it's cold. Not happy

Jaz and Sam S.
Jaz and Sam S.Hobart, TAS

Amazing, friendly customer service

Residential power, quick efficient and perfect performance. Ben was wonderful to deal with. I hope he sees this one day. A lovely gentleman who clearly enjoyed his job. Well done.

Brent J.
Brent J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Genuine local run Energy Company

I was able to save hundreds and love the fact the team is based in Melbourne.
A much better company than the big energy companies.
I’d highly recommend giving them a go.

DO NOT RECOMMEND - LAZY UNORGANISED

DO NOT RECOMMEND - LAZY AND UNORGANISED Recently installed my solar system, took this company forever to send a service order. I have spent hours not minutes talking with their customer service people who have no idea what they are doing, unprofessional to say the least. The Team Leader finally confirmed that the service order has been completed, I received my bill today and does not show anything regards to the grid or my solar system. So I called them back today itself, to find out that it's been confirmed but not updated and that's what the service team do?! It's been over a month that solar was installed. As soon as this gets completed I'm gone.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Paul
PaulAdelaide

Onboarding Issues - Dismal customer support

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Sailor
SailorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simple and honest supply

I swapped electricity providers when the rates increased, again. 1st Energy gave a better deal and a higher feed in tariff. I like the bill format because it is uncomplicated and provides the meter readings which my former provider did not.

Sara
SaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Marketing letters threatening to disconnect electricity

We have been receiving multiple letters from 1st Energy, providing an unexisting account number and stating they are going to disconnect our power. They claim they have billed us already and we are overdue with payment. I find this way of dealing with possible new clients misleading and dishonest.

ServicesElectricity

Luka
Luka

This company removes poor reviews from customers who wish to remain anonymous

ServicesElectricity

Really terrible staff

Staff no manners and my bills still high they said cheaper rate but is not so i switch to another's retailer. And my power is interrupting sometime.it's worse retailer ever!

Worse than Telstra...

Have been trying to sort out a billing issue for two and a half months. Every time you call there is a different version of what the issue is, a different story about what the resolution will be, another reassurance that everything will work out at the next bill, another promise of a call back or email verifying the conversation.
These guys are seriously hopeless. I thought Telstra managed to provide the worst possible customer service until I was unfortunate enough to have to try and resolve an issue with First Energy.
Engage them at your peril.

Grant J.
Grant J.Launceston, TAS

So called customer service is non existent

Have sent numerous emails, called several times and left my number for a callback. No response at all regardless of how many times I call, leave my number or email. Absolute pathetic company who could not care less about the customer or their concerns.

SnATas
SnATasTasmania

Staff amaze, very helpful

No issues at all, amazing service and amazing staff no issues with my power at all tbh.
I’m glad we have more than one energy provider here, the only one we did have was kinda ordinary and didn’t seem to want to help but no issues like this with 1st energy

Nguyen T.
Nguyen T.Hobart, TAS

Worst customer service ever!

The customer service is the worst that I have ever got. I have signed up and one day someone from the company called me and asked for my personal details which I doubted could be a scammer. With other energy providers, I faced no issues when signed up. Worst service ever!

ircasked

Who owns 1st energy , ie to whom are dividends or profits sent to. I have been told there is a link to Indian business concerns, is this correct??

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi irc, no that is not correct. 1st Energy was started by 4 individuals - 2 who are Melbourne born and bread and the other 2 who are New Zealand born and bread. In 2016, 1st Energy sold a small share of the business to ERM Power who are in Brisbane. If you would like any further clarification, please let me know. Many thanks Sarah

irc

Thankyou for your prompt reply, it is most reassuring as otherwise we were very happy with your service

Sarah L.1st Energy

That's great to hear. We do hear a lot of stories about us being connected to China and all over the place but nope, all our staff are based in Australia. I'm not sure where all these stories originate from but I'm glad you asked and gave us the chance to set the record straight on this occasion.

Robyn H.
Robyn H.asked

can i get a pensioners concession?

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Robyn, absolutely. Please ring the call centre on 1300 426594 with your card details and the team will ensure you get your concession. Many thanks

DaveAasked

Why don't they answer emails or enquiries via their website?

Sam
Sam

Such a small company they have only a call centre.No customer service skill.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Dave, we have a click to chat function on our website for enquiries or alternatively you can email support@1stenergy,com.au and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively you are welcome to call our team on 1300 426594 for assistance. I can organise for a member of the team to ring or email you if you provide me with your account number. Kind regards Sarah

DaveA

Thanks. I cannot find a chat function on the website. I have sent several emails and online enquiries without result until now. I have just received an email from Bri at customer service, so will proceed with that.

Get an answer from our members and 1st Energy representatives