Listing monitored by 1st Energy

PaulAdelaide

Onboarding Issues - Dismal customer support

Sara
SaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Marketing letters threatening to disconnect electricity

We have been receiving multiple letters from 1st Energy, providing an unexisting account number and stating they are going to disconnect our power. They claim they have billed us already and we are overdue with payment. I find this way of dealing with possible new clients misleading and dishonest.

Luka
Luka

This company removes poor reviews from customers who wish to remain anonymous

Really terrible staff

Staff no manners and my bills still high they said cheaper rate but is not so i switch to another's retailer. And my power is interrupting sometime.it's worse retailer ever!

Worse than Telstra...

Have been trying to sort out a billing issue for two and a half months. Every time you call there is a different version of what the issue is, a different story about what the resolution will be, another reassurance that everything will work out at the next bill, another promise of a call back or email verifying the conversation.
These guys are seriously hopeless. I thought Telstra managed to provide the worst possible customer service until I was unfortunate enough to have to try and resolve an issue with First Energy.
Engage them at your peril.

Grant J.
Grant J.Launceston, TAS

So called customer service is non existent

Have sent numerous emails, called several times and left my number for a callback. No response at all regardless of how many times I call, leave my number or email. Absolute pathetic company who could not care less about the customer or their concerns.

Nguyen T.
Nguyen T.Hobart, TAS

Worst customer service ever!

The customer service is the worst that I have ever got. I have signed up and one day someone from the company called me and asked for my personal details which I doubted could be a scammer. With other energy providers, I faced no issues when signed up. Worst service ever!

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Denise C
Denise C

Rude aggressive

Very aggressive when changed to better provider.Constant phoning.Rude and condescending stating other power providers were Asian.He the New Zealander was becoming agitated and loud trying to say I didn’t know what I was doing.Jerk.

So rude! Never will be a customer again.

So rude on the phone, called me to tell me how I have switched companies for no good reason even though I told him that I called weeks before to ask for a better deal and the customer service operator said no, and then was completely rude about how it’s the government fault I’m not paying a better rate even though I’m paying a better rate through a new provider!

Andrew J.
Andrew J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hopeless

Received first gas bill which has incorrect 'start' meter reading by quite a large margin which would mean I'm being charged for gas I have already paid for...
Rung twice, both times supposed to get a call back... Didn't happen.
Emailed ... No reply
Twice submitted query on their web site...No reply

ServicesGas
Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Andrew, very sorry to hear your review. I would love to look in to this for you and help resolve this issue. Please can you email your account name or number to customer.services@1stenergy.com.au and I will be able to help. Many thanks Sarah

Kylie
KylieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Extremely rude customer service employee.

Customer Service Staff Member came across as very rude, cut me off and back answered me through the entire conversation. Hopefully she is still efficient and did what I requested otherwise I wouldn't have put up with it. Client had to utalise me (a financial counsellor) to get information because staff were so poorly trained.

Sarah L.1st Energy

So sorry to hear this feedback Kylie. I would really like to listen to the call so we can take the appropriate action. Please can you email me with your account name or number to customer,services@1stenergy.com.au

Malcolm
MalcolmMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointed

My account has not been working since i joined an still isn't even after several phone calls.
As for my bill mmmm not impressed paying more now than i was from my previous supplier yeah not good not happy...

Sarah L.1st Energy

So sorry to hear this Malcolm. I would love to look in to this for you. Please can you send me your account number or name to customer.services@1stenergy.com.au and I will be able to assist. Kind regards Sarah

Icy C.
Icy C.

BEWARE when you switch the company

Wisernow
Wisernow

Avoid

I switched to Alinta to get a cheaper rate then 1st Energy rang up and was rude and abusive and refused to accept that I wanted to switch. I said I want to switch to Alinta and then hung up. Never again will I use 1st Energy.

Not happy
Not happyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never again

OMG I just received a call from 1stenergy regarding my transfer to another provider after 2 months.The person was a bully and I would not deal with 1stenergy again. He wouldn't let me speak to say that my bill had gone up at least half my previous provider again and the rates for my electricity were higher than what I agreed too when signing up. Apparently there are different rates for"time of use" that I was not aware of and never told about which put the rates up by nearly 10 cents kw.i never got a chance to tell him that I had already rang their customer service before regarding the difference in rates leaving the company and their answer was "that's what it is" without even trying to investigate.

ircasked

Who owns 1st energy , ie to whom are dividends or profits sent to. I have been told there is a link to Indian business concerns, is this correct??

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi irc, no that is not correct. 1st Energy was started by 4 individuals - 2 who are Melbourne born and bread and the other 2 who are New Zealand born and bread. In 2016, 1st Energy sold a small share of the business to ERM Power who are in Brisbane. If you would like any further clarification, please let me know. Many thanks Sarah

irc

Thankyou for your prompt reply, it is most reassuring as otherwise we were very happy with your service

Sarah L.1st Energy

That's great to hear. We do hear a lot of stories about us being connected to China and all over the place but nope, all our staff are based in Australia. I'm not sure where all these stories originate from but I'm glad you asked and gave us the chance to set the record straight on this occasion.

Robyn H.
Robyn H.asked

can i get a pensioners concession?

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Robyn, absolutely. Please ring the call centre on 1300 426594 with your card details and the team will ensure you get your concession. Many thanks

DaveAasked

Why don't they answer emails or enquiries via their website?

Sam
Sam

Such a small company they have only a call centre.No customer service skill.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Dave, we have a click to chat function on our website for enquiries or alternatively you can email support@1stenergy,com.au and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively you are welcome to call our team on 1300 426594 for assistance. I can organise for a member of the team to ring or email you if you provide me with your account number. Kind regards Sarah

DaveA

Thanks. I cannot find a chat function on the website. I have sent several emails and online enquiries without result until now. I have just received an email from Bri at customer service, so will proceed with that.

Get an answer from our members and 1st Energy representatives