1st Energy

Listing monitored by 1st Energy

• Rates and Fees

Kurt M.
Kurt M.South East Queensland, QLD

Moved me over with no consent

This company has changed my power service to them with out consent. Now I have to stop the transfer before I end up somewhere I do not want to be. This seems like a dodgy thing to have done.

Sandy
SandySouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam. Scam. Scam

Everyone, never use 1st energy. They are going to scam you out. My monthly payment was around 100-150 and suddenly they sent me an invoice of over 1000$. I called to asked and they just said that it may probably be due to faulty appliances. Ridiculous!!!

Kasun T.
Kasun T.

If only there was a -10 rating!

I received an email from the company thanking for switching to 1st Energy when I didn't have any utilities under my name. The customer service centre was unable to provide how it happened wanted to confirm my date of birth in order to cancel the account I hadn't open myself in the first place!

What a terrible scammer!

Sent an email to 'support@1stenergy.com.au' asking for an email and haven't even received an acknowledgment of the receipt of my email.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Kettle
KettleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Something not right here!

ServicesElectricity and Gas

FRAUDSTERS

We've been using their services from past 2 years and there was no change in the amount of bill we pay as it was around $150 always. All of a sudden we received a bill of $470 which left me shell shocked. After talking to them on phone and asking why we received such an outrageous amount as bill they informed us that it's the result of EXTRA usage. we didn't even stay at home whole day during the month. This is completely unacceptable.

David Baird
David BairdCentral West, NSW

Con artists, deceitful and liars.

Toby M.
Toby M.Launceston, TAS

Pushy sales and didn't even know the product

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Leah
LeahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service Not Great

There was a whole big situation I won't go into but it involved a lot of misleading and perhaps not factual information and as a result, we wanted to cancel the account we set up but were told they couldn't do it straight away and it might take days to investigate. Thankfully it has been resolved but not before Ombudsman complaint raised. There is a lot the public apparently doesn't understand about power suppliers and who holds the rights to your property for power supply. In this instance, First Energy were technically 'in the right' but a lot of unnecessary angst was caused by not checking databases etc. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!

Rozzie T.
Rozzie T.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not go with this rip off company...Gov should close them down

I went with this company my bills are over 50 percent higher..Over 800 for two adults not using heaters..compared with 300 Alinta ...This was for Electricy only Absolutely disgusted in this company's charges.Time to contact the obusman

Gina
GinaHunter Region, NSW

1st Energy rip off

I transfeered to 1st Energy with the belief if would save me money. I was charged double what I was with AGL. When contacted I was told to have an electrician check my house. Then told to to have my solar checked. Then I was told my usage for this period was unusually high that I must have had more people in my home at this time.
My usage according to 1st energy was what a 5 person house hold would normally use.
I transferred back to AGLmy bill had my usage at between 1 and 2 people.
We actually have 3 adults living at home.
Solar electricity and gas hot water and cooking.
If this is what an Australian based Company does to its customers.
It's not a good advertisement.

Brenda
BrendaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this company and for heaven's sake do NOT engage in a conversation with anyone from 1st Energy.

This company switched my energy without my permission. The customer service reps became abusive with me when I attempted to switch back. I was called a liar when I explained that I'd not agreed to switch and called an idiot for wanted to switch back to my original provider. It was the worst experience I've ever had with any service provider.

Lauren S.
Lauren S.South East Queensland, QLD

First Energy Acts Illegally

First energy acts illegally. They changed over our energy bill without our permission then wouldn’t let us change back to origin. After all our dealings with them were finally over my boyfriend said he got a call from MY Facebook messanger and it was First Energy on the line. I had to go and change my passwords.

Scammers!!! Watch out!!!

Watch out!!! Scammers!!! I applied for an account and was rejected but still got billed for the connection! Asked them to drop the bill but they LIED ([name removed] in support) and told me that they couldn't do anything about it and to take it up with TasNetworks. Called TasNetworks only to be told that it's 1stEnergys jurisdiction as to what they want to do with the invoice. Have reported them to Department of Fair Trading and would encourage everyone that has problems with them to do the same. https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/

Andrew B.
Andrew B.Sydney, NSW

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

We tried this company for cheaper electricity however when we revamped our solar power we changed to a company that have better buy back rates. They were extremely awkward to deal with to get connected in the first place but when we changed provider they began to ring my wife 10-15 times a day. I answered the phone one time and was told that we hadn’t changed provider and it wasn’t as simple as that. He then told
Me it was none of my business and didn’t care if I was her husband before demanding to know when my wife would be available to talk. They do nothing but harass and abuse once you opt to go with someone else. Keep clear of them.

bad rude

bad rude worst worst worst wost wost worst worst staff
worst sales

SarahHunter Region, NSW

OMG Cant Believe we have such deceptive people in Business

PlasticDruid
PlasticDruidSydney, NSW

Very slick sales pitch, but when you ask for names and want to check facts they won't answer the questions.

AVOID FIRST ENERGY

TraceP
TracePSydney, NSW

Liars

Got call from Woman who I was told was government offering information on electricity rates I listened agreed to receiving Information. Next thing I get text message with link to my Welcome Pack Rang straight away from public place on loud speaker to get independent witnesses. Strongly advise I had not requested switch that their methods were underhanded demanded immediate cancellation. Once off the phone contacted EWON who rang today said I had done everything correctly and that they would be investigating and reporting 1st Energy. Please stay away they are devious.

Exploited
ExploitedSydney, NSW

You have to wonder about these companies...

Get calls alot offering discounts on my electricity. Sounds like scam artists the way they operate. Honestly after reading other reviews, wouldn't touch em with a ten foot barge pole.

I recommend AVOIDING 1st energy

Twice I was spoken to by someone from 1st energy in a very pushy way - and it was a painful experience, when leaving for another energy provider. I somehow went back to it without meaning to (not recalling my past experience) because of the "large discount". However, I will have to remember this time NEVER to switch to 1st energy again. Their large discount is really NO DISCOUNT AT ALL considering their rates.

Srijana
SrijanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fake bill

I have never used this electricity. They just sign up my account in this company without asking me. They send me electricity bill on my name of different address where I don’t live.I told them so many times that I don’t live there.. still they keep sending me the bill.. I don’t know where to complain about this. Please somebody help me with this.

Other Energy Providers