Listing monitored by 1st Energy

• Rates and Fees

Pete W
Pete W

Worse than Telstra...

Have been trying to sort out a billing issue for two and a half months. Every time you call there is a different version of what the issue is, a different story about what the resolution will be, another reassurance that everything will work out at the next bill, another promise of a call back or email verifying the conversation.
These guys are seriously hopeless. I thought Telstra managed to provide the worst possible customer service until I was unfortunate enough to have to try and resolve an issue with First Energy.
Engage them at your peril.

Grant J.
Grant J.Launceston, TAS

So called customer service is non existent

Have sent numerous emails, called several times and left my number for a callback. No response at all regardless of how many times I call, leave my number or email. Absolute pathetic company who could not care less about the customer or their concerns.

SnATas
SnATasTasmania

Staff amaze, very helpful

No issues at all, amazing service and amazing staff no issues with my power at all tbh.
I’m glad we have more than one energy provider here, the only one we did have was kinda ordinary and didn’t seem to want to help but no issues like this with 1st energy

Nguyen T.
Nguyen T.Hobart, TAS

Worst customer service ever!

The customer service is the worst that I have ever got. I have signed up and one day someone from the company called me and asked for my personal details which I doubted could be a scammer. With other energy providers, I faced no issues when signed up. Worst service ever!

Denise C
Denise C

Rude aggressive

Very aggressive when changed to better provider.Constant phoning.Rude and condescending stating other power providers were Asian.He the New Zealander was becoming agitated and loud trying to say I didn’t know what I was doing.Jerk.

So rude! Never will be a customer again.

So rude on the phone, called me to tell me how I have switched companies for no good reason even though I told him that I called weeks before to ask for a better deal and the customer service operator said no, and then was completely rude about how it’s the government fault I’m not paying a better rate even though I’m paying a better rate through a new provider!

Andrew J.
Andrew J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hopeless

Received first gas bill which has incorrect 'start' meter reading by quite a large margin which would mean I'm being charged for gas I have already paid for...
Rung twice, both times supposed to get a call back... Didn't happen.
Emailed ... No reply
Twice submitted query on their web site...No reply

ServicesGas
Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Andrew, very sorry to hear your review. I would love to look in to this for you and help resolve this issue. Please can you email your account name or number to customer.services@1stenergy.com.au and I will be able to help. Many thanks Sarah

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Signing up was simple

Signing up process was efficient
Your representative Toff came to our home and clearly advised the offers available.
We signed up and are now in the changeover process,which will occur shortly

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you for taking time to provide a review Tim and Sarah. We look forward to welcoming you on board! Many thanks

Connected for solar power process was explained very well and set up in a couple of working days
Service agent answered all my questions in a way that was easy to understand

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thanks very much for taking time to provide a review Darren. We are thrilled that you are pleased with the service.

Good service

Very professional and clear understanding of my needs, able to give informations. Make good advice for my situation and enquires and run down the bills and explained clearly for me.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Abzo
AbzoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

good energy company

been happy with 1st as my bills have gone down. will stay with these guys and highly suggest to check these guys out
agents are well spoken and very helpful too

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you very much for taking time to provide a review Abzo. It's great to hear your bills have gone down.

James khan
James khanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good customer service and reasonable price

Electricity
Good customer service and reasonable price. Good rate offer when call and not much time take to set up . It’s very reliable and happy with service they provide. Thank

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you for taking time to provide a review James. Much appreciated.

Great company

The rep on the phone made the switching process so easy and took very little time. I have received my first bill and as promised has reduced drastically. I am very happy with their service

Excellent service, thank you

Truely amazing, professional customer service. I was able to save good amount of money by choosing what they have to offer. I wish I knew about them sooner. Never mind

Kylie
KylieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Extremely rude customer service employee.

Customer Service Staff Member came across as very rude, cut me off and back answered me through the entire conversation. Hopefully she is still efficient and did what I requested otherwise I wouldn't have put up with it. Client had to utalise me (a financial counsellor) to get information because staff were so poorly trained.

Sarah L.1st Energy

So sorry to hear this feedback Kylie. I would really like to listen to the call so we can take the appropriate action. Please can you email me with your account name or number to customer,services@1stenergy.com.au

ircasked

Who owns 1st energy , ie to whom are dividends or profits sent to. I have been told there is a link to Indian business concerns, is this correct??

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi irc, no that is not correct. 1st Energy was started by 4 individuals - 2 who are Melbourne born and bread and the other 2 who are New Zealand born and bread. In 2016, 1st Energy sold a small share of the business to ERM Power who are in Brisbane. If you would like any further clarification, please let me know. Many thanks Sarah

irc

Thankyou for your prompt reply, it is most reassuring as otherwise we were very happy with your service

Sarah L.1st Energy

That's great to hear. We do hear a lot of stories about us being connected to China and all over the place but nope, all our staff are based in Australia. I'm not sure where all these stories originate from but I'm glad you asked and gave us the chance to set the record straight on this occasion.

Robyn H.
Robyn H.asked

can i get a pensioners concession?

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Robyn, absolutely. Please ring the call centre on 1300 426594 with your card details and the team will ensure you get your concession. Many thanks

DaveAasked

Why don't they answer emails or enquiries via their website?

Sam
Sam

Such a small company they have only a call centre.No customer service skill.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Dave, we have a click to chat function on our website for enquiries or alternatively you can email support@1stenergy,com.au and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively you are welcome to call our team on 1300 426594 for assistance. I can organise for a member of the team to ring or email you if you provide me with your account number. Kind regards Sarah

DaveA

Thanks. I cannot find a chat function on the website. I have sent several emails and online enquiries without result until now. I have just received an email from Bri at customer service, so will proceed with that.

Get an answer from our members and 1st Energy representatives