1st Energy

Enelia
EneliaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Deceitful Telemarketer!

Disgusting customer service

Have decided to change providers due to higher cost then with my previous provider, have been hounded by sales reps since changing over from 1st energy with up to 10calls a day, when i did finally answer, i listened to timothy ramble on why i should stay with them, i was polite and listened and kindly told him no thank you i will still be changing providers, he then became very rude and hung up on me. What a joke of a service. Iv seen other reviews of the se experience so definitely glad i am changing providers

Alan
AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Deceitful and Rude

Signed up with 1st energy after being cold called by a marketer, decided to switch back to AGL after doing some comparisons on pricing. 1st energy called me to try and prevent the switch, but I confirmed that I will be switching back to AGL anyways. After a short while with AGL, I found that my AGL account was closing and was switching back to 1st energy. I tried to switch back to AGL but got another prevention call from 1st energy, they were really pushy and blamed me for having authorised the switch. When I clearly stated it was my final decision to stay with AGL, the representative just said "I'm ending this call", and hung up.

Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.South East Queensland, QLD

Exceptionally rude, aggressive and bullying

Kerry Lowe
Kerry LoweTasmania

Scammers DONT TRUST THEM

DO NOT TRUST THEM
They phoned not telling my husband who they were, he thought it was his normal provider not someone new.
I dont know how they had my details.
They phoned me again and I asked who are you are you auroa and they wouldnt tell me straight away, I told her im not intrested and to not contact me again, and I was mislead thinking it was Auroa.
They then CHANGED my account to join theirs without my permission
Dont talk to them.
I am now trying to get back to Aurora
We had pay as you go and I was in credit for this now Ive lost it.
Seriously they are scammers with low morals.
They wont help us disconnect

Mark P
Mark P

Scam company, stay away.

Very disappointed

Very disappointed being an Australian owned company should look after your customers . Had an employer ring me up demanding me not to leave giving me a 28% discount on my bills if I stay. I refused and he in a way was harassing me to stay . I also asked him why was this bill $424.68 and the last two were over $1,000? He was explaining that it’s a mathematical issue. I told him again I am moving and he just hung up. I have never in my life ever been talked to in that manner . Well done !!!

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Scammers, liars. Con artists

Tried to scan me into a contract. Scripted pitch that made no sense. Could not call back the number they rang from. Told me I had a good payment history but did not know who I paid

Scammers and very rude

I have been cold called twice by very rude sales people. I live in Tasmania where there is only one energy provider and they still tried to tell me I could switch to them. Fortunately, I'm aware that this is not an option, but I wonder how many others end up paying money for nothing?

Diana B
Diana BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rude overbearing attitude on the phone.

I was cold called and offered a good deal to change from AGL to First Energy so I accepted the offer. When I had a call from AGL they offered a better deal to stay with them so I changed back. Today I had a call from a very rude pushy person demanding that I stay with First Energy for a quarter to give them a chance. During the conversation I was told derogatory things about AGL tactics as well. When I said I wanted to check with AGL the conversation escalated with the bad attitude until I hung up. Whilst I understand that it is a very competitive market in electricity providers, First Energy is not doing itself any favours by being so rude and aggressive with customers.

Just don’t with this company

Do not work for this company. They’re dodgy, rude and don’t know what they’re doing. You’re better off working at Mcdonalds. Crappy enviroment. This had been the worst experience ever. Get stuffed 1st Energy!!

Fran
FranSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute deceit and unethical!!!

BEWARE!!! I got a phone call from extremely pushy sales people.. I said I wasn’t interested, after badgering me further and asking for my credit card ( which I refused) I said they could send me information.. 3 weeks later I got a final bill from my existing provider!! When I rang up they said I had been changed to 1 st energy. I asked them to request it back and 1st energy refused!!
Rang 1 st energy and was told by a smug condescending girl that they had not received request from Alinta , and I must have consented to change my account.. WHICH I DID NOT!!! Talking with Ombudsman now ...BEWARE OF THIS DECEITFUL COMPANY!!!

Xavier
XavierSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t use 1st energy

These guys called me to try and change me over to their company. I said send me info to peruse, they signed me up any way and was on the phone to them for over half an hour arguing with them. If they call you, hang up immediately. Bunch of scammers.

toni p.
toni p.South East Queensland, QLD

Big mistake

Rude and pushy customer service. The power was fine but never recieved a discount so my power was 25% more expensive over the 6 months I stayed with First energy. When I tried to connect with a different provider I recieved 3 or more calls a day from First energy using bully tactics and at one stage even had a man shouting at me because I refused to stay with them. Very bad experience.

Jeremy
JeremySydney, NSW

Absolute SCAM! Avoid at all cost. Bill went up 500%

Worst service I’ve ever received. Absolute insidious business practices. Don’t fall for the promises, it’s a scam, they need to be shut down. I wish I checked these reviews before getting rorted.

Elle G
Elle GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rude, dishonest and more expensive

Breanna
BreannaHobart, TAS

Intrusive, pushy identity thieves.

smok
smokCentral Queensland, QLD

1st to rip you off, guaranteed!

Adrian M.
Adrian M.Hobart, TAS

"Agreed" to let the salesman quote me, next minute I am signed up - BEWARE !

On the second visit I agreed to let the salesman quote me so i could see where we can save a dollar, next minute he has signed me up and he is asking me to agree to a "check" over the phone, when I pulled him up he claims i didnt ask him for a quote (I had witnesses) then he said he cancelled it, I get an email welcoming me to 1st Energy. I called the call center and sure enough he had done it the slippery little bugger, I had to cancel and even the call center guy agreed the sales team are dodgy ! STAY WELL CLEAR !

Alex G
Alex GSydney, NSW

Disconnection and Reconnection fees; More the Merrier

I joined One Energy in late December and when we moved houses (please note that we just moved close by our old place) we were forced to pay a disconnection and reconnection fee after we move( more that $290 for disconnection and around $11 for reconnection fee). And after the discount (25%) we sti had to pay double of what we payed before (we had AGL prior to this). This energy company is a scam and basically is the EA of the electricity world (meaning that this is a scam, and a total crap). Do not join unless you are elon musk loaded.

Tony K
Tony K

Avoid This Energy Provider

Welcome to Tasmania 1st Energy- NOT- Seven cold calls in 4 days, pushy, will not listen, always wanting ID information. Finally told the caller we had a family crisis and waiting for ambulance- his response was it will only take 3/4 minutes to sign up and i could do so while I waited for ambulance.
How did Tassie end up with this lot. Not wanted

Tiger
TigerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Competitive rates, poor service

Set up with ALINTA, very good to start until you have to contact them which is a dog chasing tail. Emails with customer service so had a name however you can not talk to them as their Philippines call center refused to put you through & very arrogant. Alinta had failed to load my seniors discount for 2 billing cycles. At first said it was my fault but I had proof, then said that my number was wrong. Finally they admitted that it was not put in on their end, all of this has been 3 weeks arguing. Alinta rely on a third company for energy & meter reading & could not answer some questions, why a 83% increase when same household 2pax, mtr behind gates so not read. Not good when Alinta are the provider. William

cooperman
coopermanCoomba Park

Occasional Energy, and frequent rorting.

Kyles
KylesBurleigh Waters

I feel like a fool!

Sharyn
Sharyn

Overcharging

I joined first energy 6 months ago. My first bill was over $100 more than I'd paid in years. When I contacted them, they just said I probably used more power than normal and that it would 'level out'. Second bill was the same, they scam u by offering 28% discount if u pay on time, but daily service charge was over double I'd paid before. Changing companies today, they're just a rip off ☹

Other Energy Providers