1st Energy

• Rates and Fees

Pearle
PearleBethania

Bunch of chancers

Watch out people !! A pushy salesman turned up at our door just after we got home from work, spoke to my partner about rates etc and the next thing we knew we get an email from our existing provider saying sorry you're leaving. I contacted 1st who said sorry too late, that we had signed up with them and that they had sent us a "Welcome package" via email (which we never received and they don't seem to be able to prove) I demanded they remove us but they've sent us a high final bill - happy to see the back of them

The worst customer service I have ever received!

I was pushed into switching to 1st energy from AGL then had a bad gut feeling so decided to stay with AGL. I then received a phone call from 1st national trying to convince me to stay, I explained I wanted to stay with AGL and I was offered a good deal from AGL. I was then yelled and argued with from the 1st energy consultant for over ten minutes until I hung up. They are rude pushy, unprofessional, and I don’t know how good their deals actually are.

Disgusting energy cheats

They are disgusting kept pushing and pushing telling me they would give a good deal asking for drivers licence and Medicare card a lot of rubbish everyone should get together and see someone to stop this happening again

I can't believe this is LEGAL!?!

Find out how 1st Energy compares to other Energy Providers

If I could leave negative stars, I would.

Do not ever go with First Energy Australia for your electricity. My bill has never been more expensive. After promising me cheaper bills, they repeatedly failed on that promise. My bills continued to get higher yet we have less people living at home and out house is tiny. There are much cheaper options out there.

Jethro
JethroMelbourne

Forced switch with no consent

First... Was notified by existing provider that 1st energy have taken over citing that "the owner" i.e. myself made a request to switch (that I never made)

Second... Immediately asked my existing provider to take the billing back and get sorted out later

Third... Received a bill addressed to "The Occupier" that is double my existing rate, with no discount.

Just tell me why I shouldn't report you guys to Consumer Affairs already

Talitha
TalithaGold coast

High rates

My bill went from $270 (Energy Australia) to $428 with 1st energy. This company is such a joke.
Not happy! Going back to Energy Australia

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Money grabbers

Electric 2 years 1st energy put rates up three times in the first year to make them nearly 30% dearer than competitors. The first increase was in the first two month. We begged for relief they said we were on there best rate. Don't trust anything they say!!!!

Kathy
KathyNEWPORT

Terrible

Unscrupulous in their nature. 1st Energy present under the guise of giving you some information about energy prices for you to compare. Next thing you know they SIGN you up without your permission. They caused me all sorts of stress. I had to cancel my account with them as I NEVER SIGNED UP and then I had to contact my existing energy provider so that my electricity would not be cut. 1st Energy just gave me a whole lot of STRESS that I didn't need. Do yourself a favour and hangup on them if they contact you.

Shonky as!

No stars to 1st Energy. This web page required a rating though in order to submit. Discovered last week that 1st Energy had taken over my electricity supply account without my permission. I doubt that is legal. Avoid them.

Rose
RoseGold Coast

DO NOT SIGN UP! THEY USE 3RD PARTY SALESPEOPLE TO GET YOUR SENSITIVE INFORMATION.

STAY AWAY

Bad news written all over it. We had the usual indian cold call but this one was different as they were polite!! He tried to collect info from me like who my current electricity provider was. He gave me the customer service phone number for Melbourne and the website to show me they had a legit front. When I asked for his direct number, thats when all the excuses came. So I told him I'll do some background checks and call him back. This is when he said that he'll miss out on his commission if I don't sign up today. So as you can tell its a scam through and through.

On another note the Indian scammers are ramping things up lately as we get about 4 calls per day!!!! THANKS Telstra for selling our info to third parties......

dichotomy
dichotomyGippsland, VIC

This is a SCAM!!!!

I was cold called, assured that they were Australian company, but wanted licence number, Medicare card number, all the things you need for identity theft.. There is No need for that to swap over or join a utility company. Rang me 4 times after I refused. Very suspicious. Stay away. Phone no came up as. unknown.

Stay away!

Predators. Caught my wife at a vulnerable time while in hospital and berated her to change. I have informed my energy provider to ignore and if I get no satisfaction I will be calling the ombudsman.

TOBR
TOBRFlaxton

Cold Call Requesting too Much Unnecessary Information:

Received a cold call 08/09/2018. Initial offer looked good, but I take up offers that are in writing, and are presented as "offers to treat". Caller wanted DOB, and also asked for licence and or Medicare card number. Refused requests as he would then have sufficient information for identity fraud.
Requested caller email offer and conditions to me. I suspect hell will freeze over before I receive an email.
Call left me with the feeling that this was an attempted scam.

Stay Away!

Never signed up, had the wrong address (how?) all of a sudden got a $150 bill, being an extra $60 than our usual monthly bill with AGL. Was incredibly difficult to transfer back to AGL, was told that they somehow managed to get my card details (which was untrue) so they would charge me for 3 months if i changed energy companies. Stay away.

Very disappointed

Please beware with this company, POOR customer. Insistent calls from them but when you want to talk to them, they can not be contacted.

2 calls. Both very insistent. Would not take no for an answer.

Unsolicited cold call(s). Initially probing questions and checking details with me. Wanted Date of Birth. Then promising 43% discount on a bill he had not seen, nor knew the cost of. Wanted to know what solar in-feed rate I was getting. I would not say. Kept guessing facts about me. Very insistent on a very poor phone line. I politely explained I was going to hang up as I had to go, and then ranted at me me non stop not to hang up. Very assertive indeed. My suggestion is NOT TO give DOB as it is possibly part of a trawl for identity theft.

Complaint and very poor customer service!

I had probably the worst call from a [name removed]. He could not of been anymore objectionable. Dogmatic. Rude etc. I will never ever deal with 1st Energy again and will make sure I let people know. I am in real estate and meet a lot of people!

Highly disappointed and ripped off

Customers Beware!!! We recently switched to 1st energy and they send us a massive bill with small discount. Overall we paid over $300 on an usual electricity bill. We straight away decided to switch back to our previous provider

Avoid this company at all costs

Nathan
NathanSydney

I made a mistake ever talking to 1st energy

Pushy and rude caller, very sketchy.

They kept calling me and the phone number was flagged spam on my end. The caller was rude and very pushy.
They said they sent an email with detailed offer for me to review but it was only a plain web page saying 25% discount without any numbers and prices. They asked for my licence number eagerly even though I have not commit to anything. It felt so sketchy and I don't think I can trust them

Very doggy company in all aspects

This company is very doggy in all aspects, sign me in and promise it would be cheaper than other providers, however I noticed all the KW charge from this company are way expensive, I tried to contact their support but only able to contact via email, and I got replied back about one month back. They also increased priced earlier than other providers, they moved back to AGL and they claimed it is the last bill for me, I paid it as I do not want to talk with them anymore, few months later they send me another one...

Saintall
SaintallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute a dangerous company----stay away

Other Energy Providers