1st Energy

1st Energy (page 5 of 5)

Listing monitored by 1st Energy

• Rates and Fees

Rude & Obnoxious caller

Absolutely disgusted in this company

I had a gentleman come to my door telling me it would be 80 dollars a month never over that. Get my bill after 3 months mind you I’ve paid 2 months of the 80 and I’ve got 627 still due. Can not believe the nerve of these people going around ripping single parents off and acting like they can help.

Terrible support - woeful website -

Tried twice to book onto account only for there system to say that not only my password wasn't correct but that the account number wasnt valid either. Contacted them - we have fixed it sir - worked for a day - next week same thing happened - sent message again asking to fix - been a week - no reply - heading back to origin - at least I can view my account when I need to.

Pushy scammers

Pushy telemarketer offering 47% discount and then wanted Medicare and Drivers Licence numbers. Sounded like they were phoning from offshore as would not give me address of their office. BEWARE

Weird sales tactics

Someone claiming to be from First Energy came to my house talking about some kind of government rebate that “everyone in my street was supposed to get a letter about” and apparently didn’t because it was rolled out late?

Next second he’s asking for a copy of my previous bill and when I said I don’t have one he starts asking me if I have a copy of my driver’s licence, passport or Medicare card so he can look up if I’m eligible for it?

It seemed really suspicious so I said no (several times) and now I’ve seen the reviews I’m glad I did. Seems to be some kind of scam for sure.

Barry S
Barry S

Worst Company Ever

After reading the other reveiws I only wish I did before I signed. They are all Correct. This company is BAD. Sign at your own risk.

Tony B
Tony BNorthern Region, NSW

Absolutely Atrocious!

Had been with Origin Energy for several years when this company rang and said they could give me a better deal. Change over. All my previous bills with Origin Energy had been between $500 - $700. Had always been in credit through my direct debit. First bill with 1st Energy - $2076 (yes, our solar panels had an issue - but...) Second bill $1734. Could not decipher their billing costs and thankfully cast them adrift and went back to Origin. With the discounts THEY provide my bills are in the $500's again. According to 1st Energy's billing electricity was costing us $18-$22 / day. With Origin currently $5.51 / day. What does that tell you?

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
MickWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Avoid at all costs

My partner was in hospital having had a spinal operation after a horrific car accident. She was cold called whilst under heavy pain relief. The caller was informed of this and to contact myself. These people then decided they would continue and received a verbal agreement. When I found out I rang 1st choice energy (hahaha terrible name) they say that they out source there calls. Their deal was more expensive as well. Very lucky my partner remembered before cooling off period. I was able to change back to our choice of supply. Avoid at all cost.

Mick

P.s we just received a bill from 1st choice energy for $50 being for the time it took to change back to the original company we had chosen. This company is just rude.

Purebredenoughsaid
Purebredenoughsaid

Getting Text Messages for overdue bill

Getting Text messages threatening legal default through SRA ! Never heard of them eieither. Just rang them and got threatened and they hung up

Michelle
MichelleAU

Stay away

The worst energy company I have ever dealt with.Stay well away from them.I keep getting text messages saying my account is overdue(it's not)Even had a disconnection notice because so called bill was overdue!

USED

Heartless DOGS

Peter
PeterGold Coast

Misleading information by operators

The operator provided me with misleading information in order to sign me up. After receiving my energy supply agreement a few days later, I discovered that the supply charge was 5 cents higher then quoted to me during the initial call. Therefore I called and emailed customer service to cancel the account within 10 days of signing up. 2 weeks later, I receive a bill because they sent someone to read my meter. If 1st energy was honest with me in the first place I would not have signed up. But now I will have to pay them for lying to me. What a joke.

Anwar
AnwarMelbourne

The price of KW

This company by the customer from online energy and the price of KW of electricity supply is too high 4 time of the normal price i am very surrprise of why the Government put the people in the hand of thiefs companies they are cheating the customer and thief their money by incressing the prices 3times per year and no one stop them from doing that??????

Mel
MelBathurst

Avoid like the Plaque

Horrible experience. Incorrect bills sent nearly every quarter. I have been charged via direct debit for ten weeks after vacating a premises. The metre was read and new tenant has account with another company but they still try to say I didn't cancel my account. Every time you ring you get told something different and we absolutely promise to ring you back - yeah right. When I told them I was going to the Ombudsman he told me to have a good day. Worse than terrible

Other Energy Providers