Listing monitored by 1st Energy

• Rates and Fees
GraemeLaunceston, TAS

Change

Have only just joined up so I have nothing to review at this stage. In Tasmania we have just been informed the Economic Regulator has indicated a 7.1% cut in power bills from next month and am hoping 1st Energy will follow suit.

ServicesElectricity
Sarah L.1st Energy

Thank you Graeme. I am pleased to report we will be passing on the reduction to our Tasmanian customers. There will be notices going out to all Tasmanian customers next week notifying them of the change. Kind regards Sarah

Graeme

Good news, Thank you Sarah.

Trevor Thrale
Trevor ThraleSouth-East, TAS

Very difficult to contact

I tried to join 1st Energy in March and heard nothing. Tried again in April and thought I had signed up. I have now received two emails with two different account numbers. I am unable to to log on. Every time I try and use the forgot password option. It simply states successful check your email. I have checked my main and junk absolutely nothing. Combine this with it being difficult to contact them has made for a poor start.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Trevor, I'm very sorry to hear your feedback. I will ask a member of the team to give you a ring to reset your password for you and confirm your account number. Kind regards Sarah

It's good but there is always room for perfection.

Power is good, constantly. No black outs unless serve storms or power plant failers.

Only have electricity for home appliances, including hot water.

Stove is Bottle gas for the top, but electric oven.

Thanks.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review David. Great to hear you are pleased with the service.

Michelle Jaques J.
Michelle Jaques J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Really good customer service offering electricity....

great customer sales service from Charlie originally. I Had to call back as several days in I haven't recieved welcome sales pack (as I need this to compare before 10day cooling off period) but was assured by Matthew promptly and kindly that it is already coming in mail ...looking forward to check bbn it out and good to see an Australian company with adviced good rates......

Energy Providers

Find out how 1st Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Robyn
RobynLaunceston, TAS

This was a very profitable change for me

Mine is domestic service, with solar feedback and pensioner discount. The service is everything expected when I changed companies and I am very pleased with my change to 1st Energy.

Andrew
AndrewSouth-East, TAS

Great, reliable service

I have had electricity connected for 8 months with 1st Energy and have been very satisfied. I was previously with Aurora Energy. The sign-up process was very easy and connection went without a hitch. On the times I have had to call customer service I have found them to be very helpful and with only minimal time spent on hold.

I find the billing system effective and like the fact that there are many payment methods bills, however I do find the online customer portal can be a little slow at times. Maybe this can be improved in the future.

Tiger
TigerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Competitive rates, poor service

Set up with ALINTA, very good to start until you have to contact them which is a dog chasing tail. Emails with customer service so had a name however you can not talk to them as their Philippines call center refused to put you through & very arrogant. Alinta had failed to load my seniors discount for 2 billing cycles. At first said it was my fault but I had proof, then said that my number was wrong. Finally they admitted that it was not put in on their end, all of this has been 3 weeks arguing. Alinta rely on a third company for energy & meter reading & could not answer some questions, why a 83% increase when same household 2pax, mtr behind gates so not read. Not good when Alinta are the provider. William

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

ircasked

Who owns 1st energy , ie to whom are dividends or profits sent to. I have been told there is a link to Indian business concerns, is this correct??

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi irc, no that is not correct. 1st Energy was started by 4 individuals - 2 who are Melbourne born and bread and the other 2 who are New Zealand born and bread. In 2016, 1st Energy sold a small share of the business to ERM Power who are in Brisbane. If you would like any further clarification, please let me know. Many thanks Sarah

irc

Thankyou for your prompt reply, it is most reassuring as otherwise we were very happy with your service

Sarah L.1st Energy

That's great to hear. We do hear a lot of stories about us being connected to China and all over the place but nope, all our staff are based in Australia. I'm not sure where all these stories originate from but I'm glad you asked and gave us the chance to set the record straight on this occasion.

Robyn H.
Robyn H.asked

can i get a pensioners concession?

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Robyn, absolutely. Please ring the call centre on 1300 426594 with your card details and the team will ensure you get your concession. Many thanks

DaveAasked

Why don't they answer emails or enquiries via their website?

Sam
Sam

Such a small company they have only a call centre.No customer service skill.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Dave, we have a click to chat function on our website for enquiries or alternatively you can email support@1stenergy,com.au and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively you are welcome to call our team on 1300 426594 for assistance. I can organise for a member of the team to ring or email you if you provide me with your account number. Kind regards Sarah

DaveA

Thanks. I cannot find a chat function on the website. I have sent several emails and online enquiries without result until now. I have just received an email from Bri at customer service, so will proceed with that.

Get an answer from our members and 1st Energy representatives