Honda CRF250L

Honda CRF250L

See the Best Trail Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Bike For Beginner /Easy Riding

I bought this bike as a new rider. Largely as I wanted on/off road capability with ABS as the latter ruled out the Yamaha equivalent.

Its been a great and reliable bike. I use it arou d the farm and on road. Very easy to ride. Does lack power if your after trills but that doesn't bother me and probably keeps me outta trouble too.

As an ag bike it's slightly heavy and wants to go a bit fast to hover behind animals. On road it's great as well as general riding off road, albeit a little underpowered sometimes but nothing 1st gear won't deal with.

Can recommend just for build quality and reliability alone. A great choice for an easy riding bike.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

CRF250L Ownership

I am a 51 yr old young rider ! Started on XR75 back in the day. I followed the development of the 250L and purchased the first one that arrived in my area. The bike is perfect for me at 76kgs, it is great fun to ride on the road and dirt. gearing is a little tall, but not a problem. I have fitted a full Yoshimura exhaust system which takes the bike to a new dimension, it sounds and runs fantastic. I had to adjust the rear shock spring load to suit my weight, an easy task. The bike has limitations as an off road enduro weapon, consider it a modern version of the XL250 and you cant go wrong. excellent value for the price. first oil change at 600k, filter was extremely clean a couple of tiny particles. Running Castrol Power 1 4T fully synthetic motor oil.
Good value modern styling