Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard (page 2 of 76)

3.8 from 1,504 reviews

Pros

• No Annual Fee

• No International Transaction Fees

• No Currency Conversion Fees

Cons

• Reviewers complain about fees when paying off the card (e.g. $0.95 BPAY fee)

• Website and app experience seen as sub-par

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Card / Account Used For
    • Overseas/Travel (886)
    • Online Shopping (365)
    • Everyday Expenses (173)
    • Special Purchases (169)
  • Application Process

Wendy Poynton

Wendy PoyntonNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Brilliant card for travelling!

Card was great it saved us $49 on exchange fees. Easy to use, we used it on an American cruise ship in Aussie waters. All costs were American so it was peace of mind to have this card.

Catherine

CatherineSydney, NSW

Perfect for travelling to oversea

It was the best card and you can use in most of the shops. No transaction fees can save you lots. The exchange rate is pretty good. Make sure you apply one !

Card Start DateJune 2017

Impression

ImpressionSydney, NSW

Best card ever for traveling overseas

Amazing service, gives us peace of mind every time we travel.
We couldn't be more happier with 28 Degrees.
I have been recommending everyone in my family to apply for one!
The fraud protection is also incredible. The very first time we received our card, it was unfortunately stolen at the letter box, $4000 was withdrawn even before we received the card. Called the fraud team immediately and they took care of the matter at a timely manner. Ever since then we've been loving 28 Degrees.

Carol L

Carol L

Best credit card for travelling oversead

We travel a lot overseas and the 28 degree Mastercard is great. The conversion rate is always good with no additional charges makes it the perfect card for travelling. I also use it when I am purchasing items online from a country other than Australia. Thank you for making our lives hassle free.

Andrea

AndreaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is perfect, can’t live without it

I have traveled in south Africa. No matter in cities or game park, it worked all the time. even withdrew money from ATM in a rural area of South Africa

Card Start DateNovember 2018

thrifty user

thrifty userGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Conversion rate could be better!

The conversion rate was not as good as I thought it would be. It is about the same as the money changer rate in Malaysia when I login onto my Latitude account and compared.

Anubhav S.

Anubhav S.South East Queensland, QLD

Very useful card

I got this card for overseas travels primarily. Use was easy like any other credit card. Best part is no conversion fees and very competitive exchange rates. I used it in Malaysia and loved it.
No rewards sometimes pinches but no annual fees pretty much makes p for it.
Free wifi at hot spots is an added advantage.

Mark E

Mark Enorth sydney

Good fee free card

Has been the best credit card to travel overseas with. Don’t get the build up of annoying bank charges. Has never been refused. Good on line system for viewing statements and paying.

Bernard

BernardGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect for overseas holidays

No problem using the card overseas. Accepted by everyone. No commission at all. Other cards are charging 2.5 to 3%. Best card I have ever had. Can’t imagine why everyone who travels doesn’t have one.

• Overseas/Travel

There has never been any foreign exchange or conversion charges. I love it

We just been on a holiday in Japan. Unfortunately a lot of places could not process the Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard . I called the customer service twice and they could not explained why. We ended up have to use CBA Mastercard which have foreign exchange charges .

• Overseas/Travel

Easy to use and provides excellent rates

The exchange rates were great, easy to use and highly recommended
I used the card in New Zealand and Argentina. The Application process was straight forward and payments easy to effect

Steph

Stephsydney

Excellent travel card

28 degrees card is my go to travel card. I have 3 other credit cards, but this is by far the best because 1. Gives u really great rates 2. Can be debit+credit!

Annie

AnnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

My only travel credit card

This credit card is accepted everywhere. The online service is excellent and I have always had good service. There has never been any foreign exchange or conversion charges. I love it.

Card Start DateMay 2014

Karen

KarenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overseas Use

Weve just been on a holiday with our card in tow. We had no hassles.using it..No problems incurred at all..No issues with the statement when we got back..very happy customer

John H

John HSydney, NSW

New Latitude 28 degrees Master Card

The signature panel is FAR TOO SHORT. Why was it designed to run across the short dimension of the card - rather than along the longer dimension ? Four more words here.

Card Start DateJanuary 2020
Kapil Gilani

Kapil GilaniMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is perfect solution for my overseas trip. I can't think of going on a trip without 28Degree card

It's as perfect it can be. It was Convenient, got really great exchange rate (even better rate than currency converters) and no hidden cost, no annual charges or FX charges.

• Overseas/Travel

A great card to be used overseas but can be better if it comes with travel insurance or reward points

Very convenient for overseas purchases. No fee and the exchange rates are reasonable. Would like to use more even for local purchases if reward points are given. It would even be more attractive if travel insurance is attached to the card. I would definitely use it for larger amount purchase such as air fares and tours.

Callmon

CallmonSydney, NSW

Beware of fees

Charged $2 service fee for making a payment using their online service centre. Gone are the days of charging customers for making payments, I should think 28 Degrees would have followed.....

Card Start DateSeptember 2016
  • Overseas/Travel

Great card to use overseas

28 degree is a great credit to use overseas which is very convenient and involved no transaction fees
I have other credit cards but found the 28 Degree credit card best and work well for me.

Rewards
Card Start DateJanuary 2008

Maree

MareeHunter Region, NSW

Easy to use

I have used the 28 Degree card overseas previously and was very impressed by the ease of being able to transfer payments to it. I have just used it to book accommodation for my next trip and love that it is so easy to use.

Card Start DateMay 2017

See all Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard reviews

Long time traveller

Long time travellerasked

We have had a 28 degrees card for many years now.
We are travelling to Japan this year and have heard that we really need cash as well as credit cards are not used as much as we are used to.
Can I preload cash on my card and withdraw in Japan as needed and is there a fee for this?

Cazza
Cazza

I would imagine it would be considered a cash advance and therefore attract fees. For fee free cash withdrawals I preload a Citibank Debit Card with an amount I think I need and withdraw fee free at ATMS. Hope this helps. Happy travels.

Richard
Richard

We have just travelled to Japan and were able to use our 28 Deg MasterCard for purchases at most retailers, all hotels etc. We took and used cash for most restaurants, cafe and minor convenience store purchases. A combination of both is the best solution. My recollection 28 Deg card used to be no fee for cash withdrawal but unfortunately no longer the case according to web site even if card is in credit balance.

Greg Stevens

Greg Stevensasked

Hi, my 28 degrees global platinum card has just arrived. I now need to register. Can I do this online

David Herd

David Herdasked

I am trying to become an ADDITIONAL CARDHOLDER but for 8 days your website will not accept the form, error message keeps showing. When will the site be up & running? 2nd question is, why do you seem to withhold your email address?

Get an answer from our members and Latitude Financial representatives