Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard (page 4 of 17)

Pros

• No Annual Fee

• No International Transaction Fees

• No Currency Conversion Fees

Cons

• Reviewers complain about fees when paying off the card (e.g. $0.95 BPAY fee)

• Website and app experience seen as sub-par

CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards and Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsNo Foreign Transaction Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate21.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$30
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$0
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Release dateAug 2006

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Snoozing

SnoozingGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Non-existent customer service

Card works overseas but the customer service if something goes wrong is non-existent. Lines are always congested and chat line only try to delay the issue. Over three weeks to get a refund and still no result ... after half a dozen calls and chats!!!

Awful

Terrible customer service, misleading phone times. I’m cancelling this card.

They advertise 24/7 customer service lines, all that is is a person telling you what time the department you need is available. As they advertise as a travel card this is VERY problematic. There are other travel cards with better rates and better service. I only kept this until now because I was too lazy to change. I will be swapping on my return to Sydney.

Bronwyn N

Bronwyn NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't go near them

Do not get involved. My experience with this card has only been at application level. After nearly 2 weeks of multiple requests from Latitude for additional information and numerous phone calls my application has been declined, with no real explanation. I was referred by a friend, so it is a real card, but I am still left with the feeling that this is a scam and now my personal financial information is vulnerable. Stay away.

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not use this card!

Our experience with card has not been good, it has been declined numerous time. Tried on line chat but couldn't be resolved. Able to use it online without problems they kept saying cvv/cvs is wrong when being swiped . However it worked on line and for small purchases. Tried to call but little was resolved, luckily we had another debit card that worked.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!

Very complicated application process. Hard to do business with

Very Complicated application process. Website crashes. Called me many time, Uploaded every document I have available. Shown my bank statement with more than $10,000. Spent hours with the operators and uploading all the necessary documents still can't get a minimum credit limit like a $500. Customer service is terrible, no one in charge to solve the application process smoothly, sounding like a judge on your situation. Very Bad.

anonymous

anonymousPerth, WA

Useless - no customer service at all

My card is not working, I am trying to fix it but the overseas people refuse to believe me. Will not transfer me to a supervisor just cut me off (3 times and counting), will not transfer me to anyone in Australia, will not fix my problem.
They can't return my call and everyone has gone home as they have kept me holding forever. Will definitely be looking for a new card.

Andrew S

Andrew SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Money theft

This used to be a great card, particularly for travel. They have recently introduced a policy where if your card has a credit balance, they simply steal the credit and call it an 'administrative clean up'. You can spend hours on hold trying to get your own money back if you like... Ludicrous.

Has gone downhill significantly

Terrible customer service, lack of support, difficult to read transactions and pay.

Furthermore charges for bpay.
Will be discarding for different card

Terrible customer service!

Called multiple times.. Put on hold each time and representative said he needs to check something and never came back to answer the call.
Avoid it if you can.

Francis

FrancisSydney

Crap Customer Service

Called them as they had issues with my Mastercard. They put my on hold and hung up on me. Terrible.

Deplorable and a waste

not any positives for this company
Not a very good card at all. Rates are ok, fees are high, call centre staff suck and give attitude, terms and conditions are crap, hit you with numerous charges, don’t contact you unless it’s for their benefit, don’t look after the customers and their payment systems are just dreadful in regards to the card holder trying to do the right thing.
I recommend revolut card or an ING card.

Useless online application portal

automatically denied my application even though i have a good credit history. complete waste of time. i application got rejected in 10 to 15 secs. how can a system work that fast in assessing an application.

had gone down hill

Raymondo

RaymondoThredbo NSW. 2625

Another auto-reject story!

I decided to get a 28 degrees card for overseas use, to avoid the 3% overseas transaction fee charged by W’pac and Amex on my current Black card combo. The web based application form is useless in assessing the credit worthiness of retirees and spits out an auto- reject. The follow up letter simply reiterated the auto-reject - the company obviously has no interest in having retirees on its books. No point in wasting time with them, given the reviews I found here after applying!

Billy

Billy

Perfect credit rating - auto denied

I have a perfect credit rating, no debt and higher than average income. Automatically denied, no explanation offered over phone. Because my partner was linked on my application they were instantly denied as well. Try a Travelex card instead.

Receiver

ReceiverMelbourne

Will go belly up very soon, drowned by their own incompetence

Dreadful call centre service

Jan Mc

Jan McDandenong

Not anymore

I have had my 28 Degrees for years and used it overseas and as an emergency card for my family. Paid it off on time and loved it. Now that it has changed over to Latitude I got a letter stating my small credit balance had been taken to get my balance down to zero. No warning. I rang Customer service and was told there was now a new policy and you had to keep the balance at least $19.00 in credit. I cancelled my card straight away which is what I think they wanted anyway. Lots of better credit cards out there now!!!!!

JLee

JLeeBrisbane

Customer service epic fail for add holder app

Jane L.Latitude Financial

Hi JLee, we're really sorry to hear that we've disappointed you. If you would like us to look into this for you please send us a Private Message. Regards, Jane

Fraudulent Transactions 3 Months After Card Blocked & Cancelled

Jane L.Latitude Financial

Sorry to hear about your experience MKP, I have sent you a Private Message to discuss your account further. Regards, Jane

MKP
MKP

No private message has ever been received BTW!

Jane L.Latitude Financial

Apologies MKP, I am unsure why you were not able to receive the message. I have resent you another. Regards, Jane

See all Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard reviews