Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard (page 4 of 6)

Pros

• No Annual Fee

• No International Transaction Fees

• No Currency Conversion Fees

Cons

• Reviewers complain about fees when paying off the card (e.g. $0.95 BPAY fee)

• Website and app experience seen as sub-par

CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards and Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsNo Foreign Transaction Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate21.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$30
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$0
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Release dateAug 2006

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Henry

Henry

Simple and no fee credit card

This is just simple and no fee credit card and not really service from them. I don't like their webpage, internet banking and payment method. I have no problems in using it.

Prerna

Prerna

Good could have benefited from increased limit

Good.

I was quite disappointed that I could not increase my credit limit before my travel even though I have never been late. So I had to get another card as well to use whilst in Europe.

Needs to Improve

Was always happy with the card, until shoppers protection fees increased and now there is a "transaction handling" charge to EFT balance payments. You are charged for paying your account on time, it's absurd.

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Doug M.

Doug M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

OK for over seas travel

I had no issues using my 28 Degrees card over seas. Note, however, that the rate is still way too high for my likely as such I only use the card when absolutely needed.

This card was fantastic - now not so good

This was my default travel card. However it is not nearly as good as previous. Previously there was no extra charge for withdrawing cash. They now charge. Also when travelling this card gets randomly rejected at some places, much more than other cards. Also most annoying is that they have introduced a charge for most ways of paying off this card. Since they introduced charging people to repay their debt I am now considering other options for travel.

E Ryder

E RyderGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rejection of transactions

Useful and fuss free but didn't like surprise payment fee

Very useful overseas, had it for years, would still recommend to others as a useful no-annual-fee card with no overseas transaction fees. I haven't compared their exchange rate recently though for a double check.
I was not at all happy to be charged recently for making a payment via bank transfer, guess I should have read about changes to my account, but I really never expected fees for making payments.

John

JohnIllawarra, NSW

useful card

It is an OK card. I have never been charged for making a payment before but hopefully the fee free overseas use will pay off in the long run. My current card has exorbitant fees for overseas use.

Hel

HelSydney Surrounds, NSW

Statements

Fabulous to use overseas but the App and way to view is very user unfriendly and I can't work out how to print a statement. Can there please be an easy way to access statements and transactions

OP83

OP83AU

Have to pay to make a payment through bpay

The good part about this card is that it doesn't have foreign transaction fees. The bad part is that if you want to make a payment through BPay you have to pay a fee.

Simon P.

Simon P.Sydney, NSW

28 Degrees Card, the best travel card

This is probably the best travel card out there. No annual fees, no currency fees and 4% cash advance rates are just some benefits. The only bad thing are the interest rates if you don't pay your balance on time, and they don't give much leeway. Set up a direct debit or pay your account online to avoid any extra fees.

internet user Perth

internet user PerthPerth

Almost no fee credit card

No issue using the card as it’s accepted where ever mastercards are accepted.
Card started off as 100% fee free then changed not too long ago. Fees are charged if payment is made via BPay. Option to direct debit sometimes unavailable online. So to avoid fees you need to opt for the direct debit option.

Longranger

LongrangerAdelaide

Security Nightmare 2

I too experienced a similar nightmare with the Lattitude two step security system using security codes to personal mobile phones. Even though I rang 28Degrees/Lattitude before leaving Australia and gave them my European mobile number while on holidays, and the dates away, they still sent the security code to my Australian number and I had no way of contacting them. At no stage was I told they would not accept non-Australian mobile number. But their unhelpful, bordering on arrogant, disregard for the issue suggests they are keen to discourage the use of the card overseas or the problem is beyond their corporate expertise or will.

Erin

ErinMelbourne

Good and bad...

S Naq

S NaqSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good but not perfect

Pros

No annual fee
No international foreign transection fee
Cutomer service is ok
Free int. wifi is only through available hotspot which is not practically mostly so it is a lure.

Cons
No mobile app for banking
Only one free monthly bill payment allowed.If you pay more than once it will cost you fee.

Frankie3213

Frankie3213South East Queensland, QLD

Used to be good

Alex

AlexCanberra

Usable but unreliable, limited Internet banking.

I have been using it for traveling for more than 7-years. I always needed to carry another card with me or some amount of cash because it fails every now and then at least once a week either during an EFTPOS payment or an ATM withdrawal. Once you deposited money to your account it is hard to transfer them to another account so bank transfer is impossible via their internet banking. You can only do it via phone (up to 2,000 as far as I remember) or send them a fax (which they surely loose) for higher amounts. They gradually introduce new fees.

jfst

jfstAU

Research other options if travelling to south america

Helpful Review

Helpful Review

Sneaky 'Billed finance charges'

Even though my card has been completely payed off some time ago, I am still getting charged $5-$10 for BILLED FINANCE CHARGES each month. Despite claiming an interest free period, 20.99% interest is immediately charged on any cash withdrawals from ATM's (cash advance) - but I haven't withdrawn any money since July??

It's very sneaky and misleading!

Note - The card worked well while we we're overseas and we had no issues using it at all. Now we no longer need it and we are being charged these fees, I will cancel the account.

Geoff

GeoffNelson, 7011, NZ

Worked well..........But

On a 5 week holiday to Europe our newly acquired 28 Degrees card performed well - we paid the balance and in fact pre-loaded it with cash before leaving.
28 Degrees would not give us a reasonable limit (saying our income was not high enough we are self funded superannuants) with the limit assessment based purely on income. We have another credit card with a limit 4 times what 28 degrees allowed..........Go figure

See all Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard reviews