Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard (page 4 of 14)

Pros

• No Annual Fee

• No International Transaction Fees

• No Currency Conversion Fees

Cons

• Reviewers complain about fees when paying off the card (e.g. $0.95 BPAY fee)

• Website and app experience seen as sub-par

CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards and Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsNo Foreign Transaction Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate21.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$30
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$0
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Release dateAug 2006

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Very good

Can use the card any where any time. Easily accepted in all places and countries. No currency conversions fees and 55 days interest free. Has many other benefits and easy to make payments.

Good for overseas

Good to use as no overseas fees.
Takes a while to pay. If you run out of credit and try to pay your card it can take a few days which is not ideal when you are travelling

oobi doobi

oobi doobiPerth, WA

Best card overseas

I use this card exclusively overseas, for one reason. No exchange fees and the card is free to join. If it had a rewards scheme with airlines, I would use it a lot more when at home. Overall an excellent credit card for overseas travel.

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

GrantM

GrantMSydney, NSW

Getting batter

I was attracted to 28 Degrees because of its not charging for overseas currency transactions. More accurately, 28 Degrees does not charge as much as the competition for such transactions.
There always is a small fee noted on my statement when any overseas currency transactions take place.
Why I say 28 Degrees is getting better is because there used to be a delay when charging overseas currencies. That delay often confused websites and the sale was cancelled, requiring my to switch cards.
I have not noticed any such fault in the last months.

B Smith

B SmithToowoomba

Smithy's Review

The Card was very useful on my recent overseas trip to the UK. Accepted everywhere, but one aspect that annoyed me slightly was that I had to sign for just about every purchase, irrespective of the value. On my other cards, I just Tap and Go. Perhaps this could be considered for amounts under 50GBP or $100 AUD.

Good card except when I wanted to pay some off!

No problem using this card overseas, England, Japan, France, Spain. But when I wanted to pay off some of the balance while I was still travelling, but before a bill had actually been issued, it seemed impossible... I am not sure if this was because it was my very first period of using the card, but it was annoying, as I wanted to ensure I had not spent up to my limit.

Roger Wong

Roger WongSydney, NSW

Good credit card for overseas usage

The best thing about Latitude 28 Degree Global Mastercard is the FX rate conversion is much better than traditional banks. However the only drawback is there is no reward point and there is a payment processing fee.

Teri

Teri

Perfect

Not Yet used overseas but locally really good. The card is very hip and cool with as it looks so different from any other cards. Hopefully it will live up to its positive reviews when I used the card in December.

Zenon

ZenonSydney, NSW

A good card but not perfect

I use this card for most purchases overseas like hotels, air fares, tours etc and never had a problem. Its accepted everywhere and there are no fees involved. But I never use it to withdraw cash from an ATM because of the charges imposed - comparable to any other card. This did not use to be the case but is now and has made the card somewhat less attractive.

Scam

ScamVictoria

Great for iverseas

Very happy that I can use the credit card overseas without the costs of exchange rate fees. It would be great if cash advances could be done overseas without attracting interest rate charges from the day of the advance.

Evelyn

Evelyn

Great for use overseas

There are no fees attached to this card for use overseas as compared to other cards but the negative is there are no reward points for using this card overseas.

CathyP

CathyPSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Excellent card for overseas travel

I always use this card when I travel overseas because I am not charged a conversion fee and the exchange rate applied is usually better than I can convert currency in that country. However, you need to make sure you pay the due amount in full, a few days before the due date - otherwise its costly.

Not bad

I have had this card for about 7 months. I havent had any issues with it. looks pretty stylish and cool.
Credit limits were reasonable and OK if you pay it back within time.

customer service is pretty good, friendly and pretty knowledgable about the card and their other products.
Will be using this card overseas in about 2 months, so hoping i have no issues

Guo

GuoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for overseas travel and purchases

no annual fee, no international transaction fee, great exchange rate, excellent for overseas travel and offers other benefits program like price protection and free lounge access for light delays over 2 hours

rok

rokSydney, NSW

does everything i want

does all i want, but ive found it to be laggy at times, sometimes when i buy a product and use my card it takes a while for the transaction to be complete, but besides that it is good

Good, can be better

Pros: good exchange rate, no account fee, low transaction fee, mobile apps is great for review instant payments

Cons: no rewarding program, no future payment date selection, no payment reminder through sms

Ron Tomkins

Ron TomkinsGoulburn Valley, VIC

Card rejection

I was unable to use my card overseas due to the fact that my account had not been paid. I have had this card for many years and have an automatic DEBIT authorisation for the account to be paid on time, but this did not occur. So beyond my control, this caused some inconvenient moments until I was able to contact customer service to clear the confusion. After some protracted dealings I was able to immediately pay my "overdue" account, but later found that I was charged for the late payment as well as interest!! Fortunately, these charges are to be reversed on my next statement. Otherwise, I have been a happy user of the card.

Michael G

Michael GSouth East Queensland, QLD

The second best no annual fee credit card in Australia

Excellent credit card for overseas online transactions

Excellent credit card for overseas online transactions.
No overseas transactions fee. Have travel insurance while travelling overseas.
2% cash back promotion from time to time under $100 purchase.
No annual fee. updated Apple pay is available.

Guneet S.

Guneet S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Card

Valuable credit card... I don't have any issues in making any transactions at any stores. Great reward points. Value for money card. Recommendations for everyone and should give it a try.

See all Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard reviews