4CYTE Canine

4CYTE Canine Questions & Answers

42 questions from our users

Kass S.

Kass S.asked

My 12 year old dachshund has been on the pellets for 5 months and we haven’t had any drama with them but tonight she’s had an upset stomach and was vomiting up little bits of what look likes jellies, I’m just trying to figure out if she’s eaten something she shouldn’t have or if this is what the pellets look like once digested? If you could please help that would be great.

Nanny Plum
Nanny Plum

Hi Kass, i’d Give the vet a ring and see if they can advise you. Best to be safe than sorry. I hope your fur baby improves. xo

Penny T.

Penny T.asked

I want to use my 4Cyte Equine for my 18 kg Border Collie. I only have the equine scoop so how much do I use fro my dog?
Thanks Pen

Judi

My dog scoop holds 6 beads, web site saide add 1 bead to each dog scoop as equine is bigger. So 7 beads . But do not know how much to give a dog your size. Have you used them before, have you done the loading dose?. Contact the company. They do have space v dog scoops

Debasked

I have an 8 year old Japanese Spitz who started to show signs of hip discomfort. I put him on the pellets but I noticed he started making funny mouth movements and liciking up to his nose all the time. I didn't associate to 4cyte thought he had an oral problem. Vet cleaned his teeth and said everything was fine. I then realised hed only been doing it since taking 4cyte. Anyone else have this issue. He looks sad, must be affecting his mouth somehow

Seafood allergy?

Deb

He eats fish all the time. I think if it was an allergy hed display other symptoms

Ang

Could he have sniffed a pellet in to his nose. Might be a suggestion to check with the vet.

Denise

Deniseasked

I gave my dog 2 teaspoons of this stir as I thought that’s what vet said. Till I found the scoop. My dog has blood in her urine is this related. I’m very concerned

Judi

Id ask the vet on that one. Phone call cant hurt

Ang

i would get the dog to a vet. It could mean an allergy to seafood or could just be too large a dose.

Sue M

It is my option to seek a vets advise immediately
My goodness seriously call the vet
A few have said it gives their dog black gastric

Kate O.

Kate O.asked

I was given 4cyte drops for my 6 year old golden retriever for suspected arthritis, it has given her diahrrea! Is this normal?

Kate O
My vet said you need to watch the first 3 days for this reason

Kate O
We also were given 4 cyte for our dog she did not take to it well at all
Read the reviews on hair loss ear trouble and gastric
We have stopped it all together we had the granules
Hope this helps

Ang

My dog went from happy , normal and active to disoriented, staggering, falling, and in pain. He has allergies but not to seafood and vet told me this product was safe. 2 days since stopping it and have not seen improvement in my darling boy yet. I’m really scared I’m going to lose my dog

Diane C.

Diane C.asked

Can 4 Cyte be given safely concurrently with Loxicom( NSAID ) eg... 4Cyte at Breakfast & Loxicom at Dinner ??

Francesca

Every animal is different when taking medications always check with your vet before administering anything new to your pets regime this is what I did.

Sue Masked

I have a excellent healthy labradoodle dog she is normally been going to the vet sick twice in al of her 13 years
After putting her on 4cyte granules she has a problem with noise and breathing and swallowing
Very concerned?????
Regards sue M

Francesca

My dog became quite disorientated on the liquid 4cyte uncomfortable breathing and generally not well. It took a least 7 days to see him start to return to his normal self. Ceased this medication and questioned the vet if it could be a severe allergy to seafood which is an element of this treatment but nothing proven.

Ang

Same here and my dog eats seafood treats including greenlipped mussels. Have not given him those treats since starting 4cyte andwithin 3 weeks he has shown the effects yourdogshowed. Took him off it two days ago and took him to the vet who now thinks he has developed pancreatitis. Only thing changed in his diet is this product

Sarah

Sarahasked

Hi I was told by a friend this is good for cats and dogs. Can the canine one be used for bigger cats? (As I bought the canine one - but now looks like you can get dog and feline combined).

Han

I have somewhat of a mixed review and came here looking for anyone who had experienced similar to us.. We are onto the second packet (2 dogs- one large and one small) and well into the maintenance dose. Initially, I thought our 10yo border collie (the one I bought the 4cyte for and was already acting lethargic and licking legs before putting on anything at all) was improving- he definitely bounces around more at the park. He has however, had a few issues that are causing me concern- one is that he is often wobbly on his legs now, like I have never seen before- it looks like he's about to drop. Another is that although he does shed a lot of fur, it's actually coming out at the root, in clumps.. not normal. Another side note, that may be experienced by others is that he seems to have an increased amount of nightmares.. also something he has had from time to time, but now nightly. I'm not sure if it's the 4cyte, but am going to stop and see if all of these things go away. Another thing others have mentioned, that I had not related was the black poos.. Maxie's aren't diarrhoea, but he is certainly pooing more frequently- for example- 7 times at the beach- got to be a record, no?

Happpygirl123

Happpygirl123asked

Hey guys! Bought equine 4cyte for my dog and I can’t work out the dose!? Can only help me out please?

depends on the size of your dog- loading Dose is for 4 weeks;
1-4kg dog = 1 scoop (8 pellets)
5-10kg dog = 2 scoops (16 pellets)
11-20kg = 4 scoops (32 pellets)
21-30kg = 6 scoops (48 pellets)
31+kg 8 scoops (64 pellets)

after 4 weeks, you are on maintenance dose;
1-4kg = 1/2 scoop
5-10kg = 1 scoop
11-20kg = 2 scoops
21-30kg = 3 scoops
30kg+= 4 scoops

And now.. here is my actual review:

bob

bobasked

i have lost my scoop and do not know the weight dosage. can i get a scoop or info on the dosage weight for my dog

There’s approximately 8 pellets to a scoop

JimA

JimAasked

I give 4cyte Epiitalis gel to two of my older horses, with good results. The dosage is 4 mls daily following the initial 8 mls daily intro/loading period.

I've been told that 0.8 mls loading, followed by 0.4 mls maintenance would be okay for my small dog.

Is this correct????

Luci

Luciasked

How long do I give the loading dose for 4Cyte?

suzi c.

The loading does is for 4 weeks the maintenance from there.

Bob T

Bob Tasked

I am a new user - have opened a 50g to find pellets and a sealed sachet. what is in the sachet?

Kirsten
Kirsten

its to keep it dry, don't use it just keep it in there

Peter M.

Peter M.asked

Which is more effective liquid or granular 4cyte for dogs?

Sandra
Sandra

The key difference between the two products is that 4CYTE EPIITALIS Forte does not contain the marine actives that are present in the 4CYTE Canine granules. 4CYTE EPIITALIS Forte has EPIITALIS as it stands alone active ingredient and contains approximately double the volume of EPIITALIS per daily dose.

Liz J

Liz Jasked

I’ve put my 11 yo lab (31kg) on equine 4cyte but am not sure of the dosage. Giving about 10-12 beads a day. She is doing very well on it except that she’s become stone deaf in the last 6 weeks. Yes confirmed an ear infection ( yeast) but no improvement after treatment. 4cyte is the only change. Anyone else’s dog got any hearing problems since going on 4cyte???

suzi c.

Sorry our girl was deaf before we started her on it. Yeast infections is common out boy gets them occasionally he’s a staffy that eats everything I doubt it’s caused by the 4cyte.

Kylie E.
Kylie E.

I have a 13.5 year old lab, 31kgs, riddled with arthritis but generally happy and still mobile. I tried 4cyte on my vets recommendation but 3 days into it black diarrhoea, drinking lots of water and dribbling. He has been on joint supplements since he was 4 months and joint medication since he was 7 with no side effects. 4cyte is the only change we have made so I won't be using this again. I stress enough about losing him I can't cope with seeing him sick like this.

Han

ok here is my review and I have now added my response to hearing loss;

I have somewhat of a mixed review and came here looking for anyone who had experienced similar to us.. We are onto the second packet (2 dogs- one large and one small) and well into the maintenance dose. Initially, I thought our 10yo border collie (the one I bought the 4cyte for and was already acting lethargic and licking legs before putting on anything at all) was improving- he definitely bounces around more at the park. He has however, had a few issues that are causing me concern- one is that he is often wobbly on his legs now, like I have never seen before- it looks like he's about to drop. Another is that although he does shed a lot of fur, it's actually coming out at the root, in clumps.. not normal. Another side note, that may be experienced by others is that he seems to have an increased amount of nightmares.. also something he has had from time to time, but now nightly. I'm not sure if it's the 4cyte, but am going to stop and see if all of these things go away. Another thing that you have mentioned, that I had not related was the black poos.. Maxie's aren't diarrhoea, but he is certainly pooing more frequently- for example- 7 times at the beach- got to be a record, no? Now I am seeing some people's dogs have experienced hearing loss.. well- he won't come to me when I call him.. thought he was being a stubborn bordie collie as they get older, but as soon as he sees me, he comes ruunig. Now I am definitely stopping it.

Muriel G

Muriel Gasked

How long does the loading dose go on for before starting the maintenance dose, thank you.

Jill D.
Jill D.

We have had our Saint Bernard on 4cyte for about 4 years, when she broke her leg. She is now 7yera old, last April she started getting sick, after lots of tests the vet said her kidneys are failing and put her on medication. Now she has black diahorea. I seriously think its the 4cyte. So we will cease it for a month to see if that is the problem. I welcome replies.

Shelly M.
Shelly M.

We put our 11 year old retriever cross on 4Cyte as advised by the vet and it did not seem to make any difference to her mobility. She became really unwell, lost weight, constipated, not her usual happy self. We took her to the vet who did bloods and her pancreatic enzymes are very high. I can't help wondering if this was caused by 4Cyte. We stopped the 4Cyte a few weeks ago and she seems to be improving, eating well, no longer constipated.

Carol F.

Carol F.asked

We put our Maltese cross shuzitzu on vets advise. His appetite diminished lost a lot of weight. Spent 3 thousand dollars on scans xrays ultrasounds and found that his pancreas liver kidney were all swollen and had the runs . We stopped the 4cyte. He is back to himself. It appears that it he had a bad reaction to the ingredients. Anyone else have this problem.

andante73
andante73

That's terrible, and expensive. My dog Bella is an 11 year old staffy x golden border collie. She is still athletic but developing arthritis. I have been giving her the loading dose of 4cyte. On the sample I was given, she was happy to take it, but was avoiding the loading dose. Twice she ate grass afterwards. I forced her to take last night's dose, and then she tried to eat grass and wouldn't eat her dinner. I thought her tummy looked bloated. She was panting and slept outside as she was feeling sick. Today she has tummy pains and will only accept sips of water on her tongue. I have rung the after hours vet and will take her in tomorrow. They said that 4cyte is a natural product, no chance of kidney issues, but can cause stomach upset, so to stop it immediately.

Roses66asked

I just started my 10 year old Rottweiler on 4Cyte for the first time yesterday and she started vomiting up all this white liquid about three hours later. When I tried to hose it into the grass, it kept foaming up like dish washing liquid! It was really strange and she has not been sick in the past.
I had given her less than a quarter of cup of our puppies left over puppy milk (lactose free) which is white in colour which could explain the white colour but not the vomiting. Maybe it was something else she ate and it's just a coincidence but being 10 years old, she wouldn't be likely to eat unknowns like a younger dog would. Has anyone else experienced vomiting when using 4Cyte? I don't know if I should give her anymore so your feedback would be appreciated.

suzi c.

We have not experienced anything like that with our 8 yr old blue heeler I would probably give her 1 more try if it happens again then stop using it. Best of luck if she can handle it I hope it makes as much difference to your baby as it has to ours

Thanks. :)

Dorothea B.

Dorothea B.asked

How are you getting your dogs to eat 4cyte? Splash wants none of it. l

Roses66

My dog didn't like it either (I have a Rottweiler) so I wrapped in up in chicken skin and she gulped it down. :)

Sam W.
Sam W.

We are using the liquid, it can just be shot straight into their mouth

Elizabeth Hunt

Elizabeth Huntasked

I have the equine 4 cyte (for the bulk value) and have 2 large dogs of 26 and 28 kgs.
There are no directions for scoops per kg on the equine. Is it the same as the canine. That is 6 scoops each for 6 weeks then 3??
Many thanks

Antoinette
Antoinette

From someone with the username KJO:
For questions about Equine vs Canine 4Cyte...
published 1 year ago
Weve put our 8 year old Bull Mastiff X on 4Cyte at the vets recommendation - more as a preventative. Our dog gets stiff and sore after a big run. I researched whether you can use the Equine version for dogs (the Equine version is a bit cheaper) and you definitely can. I emailed Interpath (the company that makes 4Cyte) about whether it is safe to use Equine 4Cyte on dogs, and this was their response:

Yes you can 4CYTE Equine for dogs, the only differences are flavour (the Canine is chicken, the Equine is raspberry), and a slight difference in ratios. This means to achieve the right ratio feeding Equine you need to add one bead per canine scoop. So if you normally feed 4 canine scoops a day, you would increase the dose by 4 beads per day.

Hope this helps everyone!

Rebekah G.
Rebekah G.

For the person buying the horse version, the horse scoop is like a protein powder scoop, and the dog one is skinny and shallow.. my greyhound is 32kgs and I'm giving her a quarter of a horse scoop as the starting dose (8 dog scoops plus and extra bead per scoop) or, it's 6.4gms starting dose then 3.2gms maintainance. I hope this helps!

Neil M
Neil M

2ml of liquid for 30/40 kg dog .