5 Star Chef Food Preserver 5 Drying Trays

5 Star Chef Food Preserver 5 Drying Trays

See the Best Food Dehydrators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerBrisbane

Don’t waste Your Money

We haven’t even used our dehydrator 10 times and it won’t work any more. It just keeps coming up with Er which I assume means error. It may be a cheaper unit but you would expect to get more than 10 uses out of it. Really disappointed. Will steer clear of this brand in the future.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

skorpess

skorpessPerth, Western Australia

new trays

Where can I buy some new trays for this unit please .... I love this applance n my dogs looooove the treats I make for them with it.'0)... Cheers

marilynGreat Southern, WA

A waste of money.

I wouldn't bother buying another like this one. After its first use the trays started to crack and that wasn't using the highest setting! Cheap and nasty.

Good for the price

For the cheapest dehydrator on eBay for only $40 delivered it's really hard to complain about it.
I use it for jerky at a higher temp, 65degrees and have had no issues with the tray however it is nessessarily to rotate the trays through from top to bottom otherwise what ontop will not be close to be done and the bottom trays overdone.

Iv used it 12-15 times at 60deg for 8hrs or so each time and still going except one of the screws ontop of the actual drying unit has rusted
Very cheap. Does the job
Needs to be used while home/awake for jerky atleast. Would like to be able to dry O'night

Christina

ChristinaMackay

Falling Apart

I've had this unit for about 3 months and its been used maybe half a dozen times or less. Only three of the five trays are still usable and those are only just barely. The trays crack and shift under even the medium temperature of the dehydrator and you can pretty much forget using the higher setting, which means it can't be used for many foods. The Drying unit itself is fine for a cheap dryer, much more efficient than the oven IF you have enough trays to make it worth your while.
Cheap, Drys OK
Trays are USELESS they crack and fall apart in no time!!

Gary
Gary

good while it lasted , approx. 3 months then trays disintergrated, waste of money

Steve

Steveasked

No instructions on drying times or temperatures, are they online somewhere??? Or can you pls email them to me ??
weston4@outlook.com
Thanks Sharon

marilyn

Just Google the product you are wanting to dry. It is very good and informative.

L. mILLER

L. mILLERasked

with my electronic timer, I can not select the hours to dry ?

Von

Vonasked

How do I dry herbs especially parsley and chives? I bought the dehydrator so I could cry herbs etc., but there's nothing in the pathetic "Instruction Manual" which is written so badly anyway

marilyn

The machine is a waste of money, my dehydrator crumbled on the first use. I bought a Sunbeam dehydrator to replace it and its much better, with good instructions.

Get an answer from our members and 5 Star Chef representatives