4Haier HWT80AW1 (8kg)

3.2

david e.
david e.Perth, WA3 posts

COMPACT and QUIET

COMPACT and Quiet..Purchased this machine to replace my old Simpson kg and was impressed by its ease of use and how quiet it is. No central agitator so i dont know how effective it is moving water around as you cant open lid without pressing the pause button. Time will tell how long it lasts but so far so good. Show details
lisa
lisa2 posts

Finally

Finally a washing machine that is quiet and works like a dream Show details
David
DavidSydney, NSW2 posts
Peter
Peter
  HWT80AW1

DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!!!!!!!!

When you wash dark coloured clothes there is always a white scum left on them and they have to be washed a second or third time. The automatic balance doesn’t work. It can take more than 3 hours to wash a load of clothes because it keeps going through the rinse cycle over and over again. Show details
Odette S.
Odette S.South East Queensland, QLD9 posts
Cam
Cam4 posts

Completely dead

Doesn't turn on. Stopped working and the screen doesn't light up when plugged in. Completely unreliable. Washed ok when it was working but somehow melted the detergent dispenser so it was really difficult to remove and refill. Show details
Bucca Bay
Bucca BayMid North Coast, NSW6 posts

Why All The Bad Reviews?

Very satisfied with this washer which is easy to use and comes with an easy to follow manual. Clothes come out really clean and cycle times are quite easy to preset. Cycle times cover all wash types and are accurate. Operation is quiet.

Particularly like cleanable lint filters and a cycle when using a cleaning 'bomb' to sterelise trhe washer over a three hour was and rinse cycle.

Hayden
Hayden3 posts

Earlier model was better

The spin cycle is too strong and is ruining my clothes shape. Only adjustment available is length of time which doesn't help. Fluff filters are fiddly and annoying to clean. No where to put softener, has to be added later in cycle. Was putting holes in my clothes and I had to get the bowl replaced (fortunately under warranty), which fixed the problem but didn't bring back the clothes I had lost. I originally had the 2009 release of this model (until my removalists dropped it and broke it), and that model was absolutely wonderful. This later version (purchased December 2018) is so bad I plan to get rid of it. Show details
Lesley Andrews
Lesley AndrewsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts
  HWT80AW1

worst machine i have ever brought

i had a 7.5 kg before, i brought this 8kg machine, put my comferter in the machine, It melted on the top of the wash bowl, Haier let me swap it for a different one, But will not replace the price of my comforter, AS the email they sent me said that i did not read the manual , That you can not put in a sleeping bag, comforter, blanets, to wash, AS it was not over loaded, i have never had a washing machinethat had melted any thing to the wash bowl , Show details
Gil R
Gil R

Water level headache

All works well except the water level is very low,just found that once starting cycle to change it to max amount of water.otherwise have to wait 2hours for cycle to stop.Did not think this would be an issue but it is. Show details
Scammed
Scammed

Rip off !!!

Bought this 3 months ago already playing up.Says 8kg but can't even get a single duvet in without it coming out ripped! Has ripped many clothes and most reviews have the same damn problem E1 -E2 The booklet don't tel you how to unblock you have to come online so those who don't have internet won't know!! Second w/machine from them I had no choice ( Not my choice ) but I had to pay for it.The other machine had same problem. Within 2 years of owning that one 3 call outs.And btw it's not quiet either. If I had a choice I would not buy a haier machine crap like their phones.

Jan O
Jan OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts

Great model

Very user friendly, and washes the clothes perfectly. I purchased this as a replacement for my mother's old model. Very easy to operate so extremely important for seniors that are not technology geeks. Mum is thrilled to bits, and even likes the outside appearance which she leaves uncovered - no doilies required...

dplongden08
dplongden08PERTH16 posts
  Verified HWT80AW1

Worst purchase ever

I have had this machine for less than 2 years and I have had the repair man out 3 times. First time the belts was loose, second loose again and now I have a burning rubber smell and the machine won’t spin.

I do at least 1 load of washing a day and sometimes up to 3 a day, I thought with the parent company of Fisher & Paykel it would be a pretty good machine for the price, but I was wrong.

The water level is always that little bit too low and I have to manually increase the water level. It has a 10 minute cycle and then the next cycle is 45 minutes with nothing in between.

When it did spin, the clothes came out nice and dry so that was a bonus.

Was big enough for a single doona or a set of queen size sheets.

Marg
Marg
  Verified HWT80AW1

Unfit for purpose

No matter the size of the load it always selects the lowest water level. However this is the least of it's problems as I am able to adjust the level. What is infuriating is that if there is a sheet or towel in the load it wraps everything up in a tight tangled ball inside the towel or sheet. The serviceman has told me sheets, ideally one at a time, need to be washed separately. Towels also need to be washed separately from smalls. This is totally impractical in my household. Despite adjusting the load it spins intermittently so even doing an extra spin the load is still very wet. Going by one ruined merino (previously machine washed many times) and the amount of lint in the catchers this machine is very hard on clothes.

Zona
ZonaPerth
  HWT80AW1

Worst washing machine I had in my entire life

We purchased this machine in MAY 2018 from Harvey Norman, it should not get ANY stars.

It is sooooo annoying you can not wash one load without swearing. No matter which cycle its on as soon as it start to spin it reset itself back to 13 minutes or which ever cycle its on. It NEVER finishes a load. I stand next to it and as soon as it start spinning for the first time I have to take the load out. I had a technician out and they say it re-balance itself and start the process AGAIN. If you leave it, it will wash ALL day on one load. I hate this machine, after 35 years this was the first and the last one, sometimes I feel like throw it out the door -do not buy this machine.