Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1

Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1 (page 2 of 4)

HWT70AW1 (7kg), HWT60AW1 (6kg), HWT80AW1 (8kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Jan O

Jan OGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great model

Very user friendly, and washes the clothes perfectly. I purchased this as a replacement for my mother's old model. Very easy to operate so extremely important for seniors that are not technology geeks. Mum is thrilled to bits, and even likes the outside appearance which she leaves uncovered - no doilies required...

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Fel

FelWollongong

Water level on high only 1/2 fills

Complete waste of money! This machine should be taken off the market. This machine only takes very small loads and water level is ridiculously low so you end up doing more loads of washing. And you can forget trying to wash your doona cover! Wish I'd never chosen it. Im feeling extremely ripped off!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
dplongden08

dplongden08PERTH

Worst purchase ever

I have had this machine for less than 2 years and I have had the repair man out 3 times. First time the belts was loose, second loose again and now I have a burning rubber smell and the machine won’t spin.
I do at least 1 load of washing a day and sometimes up to 3 a day, I thought with the parent company of Fisher & Paykel it would be a pretty good machine for the price, but I was wrong.
The water level is always that little bit too low and I have to manually increase the water level. It has a 10 minute cycle and then the next cycle is 45 minutes with nothing in between.
When it did spin, the clothes came out nice and dry so that was a bonus.
Was big enough for a single doona or a set of queen size sheets.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1 compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Hailee

HaileeYorkeys Knob

Good washing Machine

Recently purchased the 6KG washing machine, it was really light so easy to install and has been doing a great job so far! Was a cheap machine and i would recommend using it. It is also really quiet so a nice change from my last machine. Only negative thing i would say is the self closing lid is quite slow.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
AAY

AAYMelbourne

Good and quiet washing machine

Looks ok and was at a decent price. Quiet when washing and appears quite balanced. Used for everyday laundry needs including bedsheets. Noted the cycle times options are limited with minimum total cycle time to be over 35 minutes. i.e. does not have the quick 15 minute option. Still not bad.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Jan

JanHackham

Waste of money

This machine only takes very small loads and water level is ridiculously low so you end up doing more loads of washing. Wish I'd never chosen it. It seems to wash and spin ok but you can only put a few clothes in a load so I guess that's why. Very unhappy

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Terrible

Every load I do ends up uneven, it would be the worsed machine I have ever had. Was disappointed the 1st day I used it. Hope less doing towels or 2 double sheets on there own, gets unbalanced. Wouldn't recommend this machine at all. Have always had a top loader & usually wear them out after 7 years. Today it wont spin or empty, I have had enough.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sheils

SheilsPerth

Love this item

I love this machine especially when washing bed linen and queen size sheets. With having no agitator in the middle nothing gets all wrinkled up or caught in the agitator. I can completely recommend this do not be put off by a name as I'm 63 years old and I have had plenty of washing machines in total. For price unbeatable

Date PurchasedSep 2017
PeterWH

PeterWHTorrens 2607, ACT

Great for one person

I have one of these in my apartment and there is no dramas with it,and its easy to use and there is no movement ,it talks to you when the is an overload also tells you when its finished and de tangles the clothing....I am one person,BUT have no drams with the machine at all.
Even though its a top loader its very economical

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Natasha

NatashaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ok for small family

I bought this machine when my 10 year old machine died, I didn't want to spend a lot and got a good deal on this machine by purchasing online. It is much smaller than my old small but suitable for a 3 person family. I have had it for 3 months and it runs okay, it is however EXTREMELY loud when running and I couldn't run a load around my child's nap time or at night as it is far too noisy even with the laundry door closed.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Worst washing machine I have ever had

Washing machine unbalances easily so you need to be there to redistribute clothes. It has taken nearly 2 hours to do one load of washing. I cannot leave and do something else. I have had a twin tub years ago and that was better than this machine. Do yourself a favor and don't bother with this one. It is looking good for the tip as I wouldn't sell on to anyone. Waste of money.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
C.L.Howard

C.L.HowardPort Macquarie

Worst machine I've ever owned

Water level is low even on highest setting. Unbalances easily especially with towels and have to do 1 or 2 extra spin cycles as they are still very wet, including with clothes. It's disgusting how much water and soapy foam still comes out on extra spins and I have used less liquid in my washes. Have had this machine since November due to moving and old machine not fitting. Washing tangles very easily. It doesn't have any good points. We are a family of 7 and I will be buying another machine soon as it takes ages to do our washing due to only being able to half fill it with the low water levels.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Unfit for purpose

No matter the size of the load it always selects the lowest water level. However this is the least of it's problems as I am able to adjust the level. What is infuriating is that if there is a sheet or towel in the load it wraps everything up in a tight tangled ball inside the towel or sheet. The serviceman has told me sheets, ideally one at a time, need to be washed separately. Towels also need to be washed separately from smalls. This is totally impractical in my household. Despite adjusting the load it spins intermittently so even doing an extra spin the load is still very wet. Going by one ruined merino (previously machine washed many times) and the amount of lint in the catchers this machine is very hard on clothes.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Zona

ZonaPerth

Worst washing machine I had in my entire life

We purchased this machine in MAY 2018 from Harvey Norman, it should not get ANY stars.
It is sooooo annoying you can not wash one load without swearing. No matter which cycle its on as soon as it start to spin it reset itself back to 13 minutes or which ever cycle its on. It NEVER finishes a load. I stand next to it and as soon as it start spinning for the first time I have to take the load out. I had a technician out and they say it re-balance itself and start the process AGAIN. If you leave it, it will wash ALL day on one load. I hate this machine, after 35 years this was the first and the last one, sometimes I feel like throw it out the door -do not buy this machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Not nice

Exactly my opinion- water residue in tub and doesn't dry clothes.
At first i thought my dryer was bad. But i realised that the washer did not spin the clothes dry.
Also the hot water pipe fitting leaks.
After wash you can hear water at the bottom of machine.
I just bought it this month.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Karen

KarenGayndah

Haier Top Loader 6 kg

Date PurchasedMar 2018
jazzgirl

jazzgirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great washing machine

Had this washing machine for just over a year and have been very happy with it. Clothes come out clean. I only wash in cold water so have not experienced problems with hot water as others have. Occasionally the load becomes unbalanced and you have to rearrange the load but this has been the case with every washing machine I have owned. I don't find the washing machine loud at all, as others seem to have. All in all I'm very happy with this machine and cannot fault it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Tigers2017

Tigers2017Melbourne

Nice Machine Cleans Well

I am very impressed so far with this Haier washer. Its my first time buying anything from them but they have been around for a while now. It is very quiet running and does a very good job. The clothes come out feeling very well cleaned and properly rinsed too. It's quite simple to use with just a few wash options but it runs quietly and only makes a lot of noise if you get an unbalanced load (alarm). Overall I am more than happy with it - now lets see how well it does in the longevity stakes!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dan S

Dan SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Value for money

Great washing machine thus far purchased for family of five no issues at all purchased 6 months ago great value for money and my favourite feature would be the quick eco wash as it only takes 8 minutes from start to finish on a medium load of clothes im glad i purchased this product so i wemt out and bought a haier fridge 2 weeks after this purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Bethany

BethanySydney

Impressed so far!!

So far, I'm impressed with this little washing machine. It washes well and QUICKLY! Yes, it doesn't have all the fancy options you'd get with a fisher and paykel but you don't really need it. It's fairly quiet and washes very well. As expected with a 6kg, you can't fit what you'd normally like with an 8kg so it's all about portion size and dividing it out properly. Make sure you put a decent amount of clothes in there as it does tend to show an error as the clothes aren't balanced properly and will stop and beep! If you're looking for a cheap washing machine that does the job, then you won't be disappointed with this guy :-)

Date PurchasedApr 2018