7Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1

51%13%36%

Fel
FelIllawarra, NSW6 posts

Water level on high only 1/2 fills

Complete waste of money! This machine should be taken off the market. This machine only takes very small loads and water level is ridiculously low so you end up doing more loads of washing. And you can forget trying to wash your doona cover! Wish I'd never chosen it. Im feeling extremely ripped off!!

dplongden08
dplongden08PERTH16 posts
  Verified HWT80AW1

Worst purchase ever

I have had this machine for less than 2 years and I have had the repair man out 3 times. First time the belts was loose, second loose again and now I have a burning rubber smell and the machine won’t spin.

I do at least 1 load of washing a day and sometimes up to 3 a day, I thought with the parent company of Fisher & Paykel it would be a pretty good machine for the price, but I was wrong.

The water level is always that little bit too low and I have to manually increase the water level. It has a 10 minute cycle and then the next cycle is 45 minutes with nothing in between.

When it did spin, the clothes came out nice and dry so that was a bonus.

Was big enough for a single doona or a set of queen size sheets.

Hailee
HaileeYorkeys Knob5 posts

Good washing Machine

Recently purchased the 6KG washing machine, it was really light so easy to install and has been doing a great job so far! Was a cheap machine and i would recommend using it. It is also really quiet so a nice change from my last machine. Only negative thing i would say is the self closing lid is quite slow.

AAY
AAYMelbourne7 posts
  Verified HWT70AW1

Good and quiet washing machine

Looks ok and was at a decent price. Quiet when washing and appears quite balanced. Used for everyday laundry needs including bedsheets. Noted the cycle times options are limited with minimum total cycle time to be over 35 minutes. i.e. does not have the quick 15 minute option. Still not bad.

Jan
JanHackham

Waste of money

This machine only takes very small loads and water level is ridiculously low so you end up doing more loads of washing. Wish I'd never chosen it. It seems to wash and spin ok but you can only put a few clothes in a load so I guess that's why. Very unhappy

Steady Eddie
Steady Eddie

Terrible

Every load I do ends up uneven, it would be the worsed machine I have ever had. Was disappointed the 1st day I used it. Hope less doing towels or 2 double sheets on there own, gets unbalanced. Wouldn't recommend this machine at all. Have always had a top loader & usually wear them out after 7 years. Today it wont spin or empty, I have had enough.

Sheils
SheilsPerth22 posts

Love this item

I love this machine especially when washing bed linen and queen size sheets. With having no agitator in the middle nothing gets all wrinkled up or caught in the agitator. I can completely recommend this do not be put off by a name as I'm 63 years old and I have had plenty of washing machines in total. For price unbeatable

PeterWH
PeterWHTorrens 2607, ACT54 posts

Great for one person

I have one of these in my apartment and there is no dramas with it,and its easy to use and there is no movement ,it talks to you when the is an overload also tells you when its finished and de tangles the clothing....I am one person,BUT have no drams with the machine at all.

Even though its a top loader its very economical

Natasha
NatashaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA14 posts

Ok for small family

I bought this machine when my 10 year old machine died, I didn't want to spend a lot and got a good deal on this machine by purchasing online. It is much smaller than my old small but suitable for a 3 person family. I have had it for 3 months and it runs okay, it is however EXTREMELY loud when running and I couldn't run a load around my child's nap time or at night as it is far too noisy even with the laundry door closed.

Joanne
Joanne
  HWT60AW1

Worst washing machine I have ever had

Washing machine unbalances easily so you need to be there to redistribute clothes. It has taken nearly 2 hours to do one load of washing. I cannot leave and do something else. I have had a twin tub years ago and that was better than this machine. Do yourself a favor and don't bother with this one. It is looking good for the tip as I wouldn't sell on to anyone. Waste of money.

C.L.Howard
C.L.HowardPort Macquarie3 posts

Worst machine I've ever owned

Water level is low even on highest setting. Unbalances easily especially with towels and have to do 1 or 2 extra spin cycles as they are still very wet, including with clothes. It's disgusting how much water and soapy foam still comes out on extra spins and I have used less liquid in my washes. Have had this machine since November due to moving and old machine not fitting. Washing tangles very easily. It doesn't have any good points. We are a family of 7 and I will be buying another machine soon as it takes ages to do our washing due to only being able to half fill it with the low water levels.

Marg
Marg
  Verified HWT80AW1

Unfit for purpose

No matter the size of the load it always selects the lowest water level. However this is the least of it's problems as I am able to adjust the level. What is infuriating is that if there is a sheet or towel in the load it wraps everything up in a tight tangled ball inside the towel or sheet. The serviceman has told me sheets, ideally one at a time, need to be washed separately. Towels also need to be washed separately from smalls. This is totally impractical in my household. Despite adjusting the load it spins intermittently so even doing an extra spin the load is still very wet. Going by one ruined merino (previously machine washed many times) and the amount of lint in the catchers this machine is very hard on clothes.

Zona
ZonaPerth
  HWT80AW1

Worst washing machine I had in my entire life

We purchased this machine in MAY 2018 from Harvey Norman, it should not get ANY stars.

It is sooooo annoying you can not wash one load without swearing. No matter which cycle its on as soon as it start to spin it reset itself back to 13 minutes or which ever cycle its on. It NEVER finishes a load. I stand next to it and as soon as it start spinning for the first time I have to take the load out. I had a technician out and they say it re-balance itself and start the process AGAIN. If you leave it, it will wash ALL day on one load. I hate this machine, after 35 years this was the first and the last one, sometimes I feel like throw it out the door -do not buy this machine.

rahena
rahenaSydney, NSW2 posts

Not nice

Exactly my opinion- water residue in tub and doesn't dry clothes.

At first i thought my dryer was bad. But i realised that the washer did not spin the clothes dry.

Also the hot water pipe fitting leaks.

After wash you can hear water at the bottom of machine.

I just bought it this month.

Karen
KarenWide Bay-Burnett, QLD2 posts
jazzgirl
jazzgirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC12 posts

Great washing machine

Had this washing machine for just over a year and have been very happy with it. Clothes come out clean. I only wash in cold water so have not experienced problems with hot water as others have. Occasionally the load becomes unbalanced and you have to rearrange the load but this has been the case with every washing machine I have owned. I don't find the washing machine loud at all, as others seem to have. All in all I'm very happy with this machine and cannot fault it.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1 compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Tigers2017
Tigers2017Melbourne4 posts

Nice Machine Cleans Well

I am very impressed so far with this Haier washer. Its my first time buying anything from them but they have been around for a while now. It is very quiet running and does a very good job. The clothes come out feeling very well cleaned and properly rinsed too. It's quite simple to use with just a few wash options but it runs quietly and only makes a lot of noise if you get an unbalanced load (alarm). Overall I am more than happy with it - now lets see how well it does in the longevity stakes!

Dan S
Dan SSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Value for money

Great washing machine thus far purchased for family of five no issues at all purchased 6 months ago great value for money and my favourite feature would be the quick eco wash as it only takes 8 minutes from start to finish on a medium load of clothes im glad i purchased this product so i wemt out and bought a haier fridge 2 weeks after this purchase

Bethany
BethanySydney17 posts

Impressed so far!!

So far, I'm impressed with this little washing machine. It washes well and QUICKLY! Yes, it doesn't have all the fancy options you'd get with a fisher and paykel but you don't really need it. It's fairly quiet and washes very well. As expected with a 6kg, you can't fit what you'd normally like with an 8kg so it's all about portion size and dividing it out properly. Make sure you put a decent amount of clothes in there as it does tend to show an error as the clothes aren't balanced properly and will stop and beep! If you're looking for a cheap washing machine that does the job, then you won't be disappointed with this guy :-)

Neeraj
NeerajWestmead5 posts
  HWT70AW1

Nice Washing machine at a decent price

We have been using this machine regularly for almost an year now without any issues. It does clean clothes as per expectations. There are various modes to choose from and water consumption is not ridiculous. The filter cleaning is easy and its a low maintenance machine. The load capacity just suffices for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Deano86a
Deano86aSydney3 posts
  HWT60AW1

Love our 6kg Haier washing machine!!!!

Awesome machine for the price, rinses and washes well, clothes come out clean (always) never had any clothes worn out and washes clothes fairly quick, I love how easy this machine is to use and it is very easy to understand all the functions by just lookin at the display.

renerose
renerose

Spin cycle is awful

Had to readjust the load at least twice in every wash, and only doing 2 sheets which should have not been a problem. Very noisy. 11 months old, blew the pump and power board. Warranty will fix it and then I will get rid of it. Nowhere to put fabric softeners in. Leaves soap powder streaks over the wash. I do not use very much soap powder. I will be much more careful before I buy another Fisher and Paykel machine.

Anna
Anna4 posts

Great budget pruduct

This little machine does a great job of keeping whites white and colors bright. The spin cycle is super powerful rendering satin almost completely dry. Does not seem to wear my clothes out but it is definitely a loud machine. If you've got a sleeping baby it's not the washer for you.

Bambz
Bambz2 posts

Awful!

Doesn’t clean clothes properly, I’ve repeatedly had to re wash my washing so many times, it would be cheaper at the laundromat!! And what the hell is with the lack of fabric softener dispenser, it’s like selling someone a car with no wheels! It’s not a question you should ben have to ask in 2018! Just ridiculous! I had a technician come out and he told me to only do HALF A LOAD AT A TIME!!! I asked him if he was joking! Why the hell should I have to do that! I hate this washing machine, it was the biggest waste of $500 I’ve ever spent! My 1 year olds clothes NEVER come out clean! I’m so angry and upset at this awful product!!! Loud, doesn’t clean properly and no fabric softener dispenser, it’s just ridiculous!

Cool man
Cool manHighworth4 posts
  HWT80AW1

Average washing machine. Good for price

Our previous washing machine was only partially working. Came up with many errors so took ages to do a load. So we wanted to buy a new one without breaking the bank. This was a cheap buy being made in Thailand i think. Works good and has a good warranty. Only thing is it is a little noisy.

gianniwhoops
gianniwhoopsMelbourne2 posts
  HWT60AW1

Clean Clothes, but slightly inconsistent timer

My Haier washing machine is great, offering really solid value for money overall. It cleans and rinses my clothes very well, leaving me with fresh laundry every time. I often use the 'quick' function for speed and find that this works extremely well. Although, the timer on the machine is inconsistent, displaying a 10 minute wash time but taking closer to 15-20. The machine can be rather loud, but it is housed in a European-style laundry so this may be a major factor. Overall, I find this to be a very good value purchase, especially for young people like myself.

Allen
AllenBrisbane7 posts
  HWT80AW1

Solid washing machine, no real problems

So it's relatively quiet and seems to work pretty well in terms of cleaning my clothes. The only thing is that it does tend to get imbalanced pretty easily if you have heavy fabrics in the machine. I haven't been using it long enough that I can definitively say whether it wears clothes out or not. I do find that it's a bit annoying that dust and lint gets between the lid and the sides of washing machine next to the tub itself. I always forget to clear out the little lint trap inside the washing machine as well. It's a bit odd that there's a lint trap in a washing machine for me, since it's not like it's really decreasing the lint building up in the dryer, at least based on what I've seen..

Jerry
JerryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC7 posts
  HWT80AW1

Read the instruction book before you buy

The illustrated capacity(eg. 7.5kg) is to be various based on the wash programme you got set. It could be as low as 2kg for some programmes. This is my first front-load washing machine, I'm not sure this is specific issue for Haier or it is common for this kind of washing machine.

Peter K
Peter KTaree, NSW 2430105 posts
Shane
ShaneSydney4 posts

Hopeless

I mean, it cleans my clothes ok and it’s not too loud. But it seems to just crash if I try a hot cycle, it crashes during spin drying, it crashes randomly. I return to the thing beeping with the screen saying “EE” which I presume is error. It can’t handle a large load even if it fits in the drum, so lots of towels is a no. And the spin cycle is hopeless... clothes always come out DRENCHED which makes it hard for me to use the dryer.

Joan
JoanCanberra6 posts
  Verified HWT70AW1

Efficient and small washing machine

It does a good job of washing my clothes. However, this might just be because I only have small loads because I only use it for myself. It hasn't worn out any of my clothes yet and it seems to clean them very well. I like how adjustable the settings are, you can choose how much water and how long you want to wash it for. The quickest setting is good if you know your clothes aren't too dirty and you're in a bit of a rush. The only probable downside is that it doesn't have a separate section for liquid detergent/softener, it only has one section for powder detergent.

shaun
shaunperth5 posts
  HWT60AW1

Tangles clothes, wears them out, and unbalances easily

You get what you pay for with this one. Our clothes have aged a lot in the past 6 months that we have had this washing machine. The worst part is, unless your clothes are very carefully ordered from heaviest to lightest as you put them into the machine, it has a tendency to go "walking" - where the drum hits against the side of the machine as it goes into the spin cycle and then the entire washing machine shudders around the laundry. Quite dangerous and defeats the purpose of having a machine to wash your clothes if you have to supervise it all the time!

Would avoid!

Holly
HollyNewcomb5 posts

Good small washing machine,

Not a bad washing machine. Sometimes struggles with uneven loads if you have more than a couple of towels in it. Easy to use. Good size. Love that it doesn't have the agitator so you can get the most out of the space. The machine itself is also a really great size, we live in a small unit so taking up as little space as possible is a bonus!

Rajat
RajatSydney5 posts
  HWT80AW1

New member in our family

Haier washing machine is a great addition in our laundry.it has a most amazing feature of different wash setting based on type of clothes washed.this is different to eggs we had earlier.it works quiet.do far the wash is great and much Yi our liking.it fits well in our bathroom space as eell

M Ramirez
M RamirezGreat Southern, WA61 posts
Joan Buckingham
Joan BuckinghamMid North Coast, NSW33 posts

Does a good job

Cleans our clothes brilliantly and Spins them very well the only niggle is that when you open the lid it has like a very very loud click but its only a small distraction.

I would recommend The Haier to anyone who is price conscious and wants good value for their money.

Upfront momma
Upfront mommaSouth East Queensland, QLD70 posts
  HWT70AW1

The best user friendly, so many tailored made options for washing everything the BEST washing machi

I love this washing machine

Washes perfectly everytime

Quiet,

water and energy efficient

Love the cycle choices you can choose present or choose your own combination to suit anything you could ever need to wash

I LOVE THIS WASHING MACHINE PERFECT IN EVERYWAY AND I CANNOT RECOMEND THIS HIGHLY ENOUGH

Kasey and Kodie
Kasey and KodieQueensland, 46708 posts

Energy efficient!

I have a messy one year old and even using the shortest cycle washes his clothes amazingly!!! We used fabric softener also and the clothes come out smelling beautiful and the machine is so quiet!! Easy to empty lint filters and I can fit a king size doona in no problems because there is no agitator! Love love love it!!!!

Lucas
LucasSydney4 posts
  HWT70AW1

Good Washing machine with good price

I have used this washing machine for 8 months. The frequency is once per week, It works well with main functions. The clothes are cleaned and rinsed well. In most of the times, it works under an acceptable loud. Sometimes in the final stage, it throws an error and paused. Then it needs manual intervention to restart it. In most cases, it works fine.

Billy
Billy9 posts

Great product

My Second-hand 7kg Haier washer died after 5 years, being second hand and lasting that long as well as loving the design I wanted another one. So I went a size down to a 6kg and everything is going great. love the new machine, washes great, even corrects me if i choose the wrong water level, cool.