Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1

Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1 (page 3 of 4)

HWT70AW1 (7kg), HWT60AW1 (6kg), HWT80AW1 (8kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Neeraj

NeerajWestmead

Nice Washing machine at a decent price

We have been using this machine regularly for almost an year now without any issues. It does clean clothes as per expectations. There are various modes to choose from and water consumption is not ridiculous. The filter cleaning is easy and its a low maintenance machine. The load capacity just suffices for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Deano86a

Deano86aSydney

Love our 6kg Haier washing machine!!!!

Awesome machine for the price, rinses and washes well, clothes come out clean (always) never had any clothes worn out and washes clothes fairly quick, I love how easy this machine is to use and it is very easy to understand all the functions by just lookin at the display.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Spin cycle is awful

Had to readjust the load at least twice in every wash, and only doing 2 sheets which should have not been a problem. Very noisy. 11 months old, blew the pump and power board. Warranty will fix it and then I will get rid of it. Nowhere to put fabric softeners in. Leaves soap powder streaks over the wash. I do not use very much soap powder. I will be much more careful before I buy another Fisher and Paykel machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1 compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Anna

Anna

Great budget pruduct

This little machine does a great job of keeping whites white and colors bright. The spin cycle is super powerful rendering satin almost completely dry. Does not seem to wear my clothes out but it is definitely a loud machine. If you've got a sleeping baby it's not the washer for you.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Bambz

Bambz

Awful!

Doesn’t clean clothes properly, I’ve repeatedly had to re wash my washing so many times, it would be cheaper at the laundromat!! And what the hell is with the lack of fabric softener dispenser, it’s like selling someone a car with no wheels! It’s not a question you should ben have to ask in 2018! Just ridiculous! I had a technician come out and he told me to only do HALF A LOAD AT A TIME!!! I asked him if he was joking! Why the hell should I have to do that! I hate this washing machine, it was the biggest waste of $500 I’ve ever spent! My 1 year olds clothes NEVER come out clean! I’m so angry and upset at this awful product!!! Loud, doesn’t clean properly and no fabric softener dispenser, it’s just ridiculous!

Cool man

Cool manHighworth

Average washing machine. Good for price.

Our previous washing machine was only partially working. Came up with many errors so took ages to do a load. So we wanted to buy a new one without breaking the bank. This was a cheap buy being made in Thailand i think. Works good and has a good warranty. Only thing is it is a little noisy.

gianniwhoops

gianniwhoopsMelbourne

Clean Clothes, but slightly inconsistent timer

My Haier washing machine is great, offering really solid value for money overall. It cleans and rinses my clothes very well, leaving me with fresh laundry every time. I often use the 'quick' function for speed and find that this works extremely well. Although, the timer on the machine is inconsistent, displaying a 10 minute wash time but taking closer to 15-20. The machine can be rather loud, but it is housed in a European-style laundry so this may be a major factor. Overall, I find this to be a very good value purchase, especially for young people like myself.

Allen

AllenBrisbane

Solid washing machine, no real problems

So it's relatively quiet and seems to work pretty well in terms of cleaning my clothes. The only thing is that it does tend to get imbalanced pretty easily if you have heavy fabrics in the machine. I haven't been using it long enough that I can definitively say whether it wears clothes out or not. I do find that it's a bit annoying that dust and lint gets between the lid and the sides of washing machine next to the tub itself. I always forget to clear out the little lint trap inside the washing machine as well. It's a bit odd that there's a lint trap in a washing machine for me, since it's not like it's really decreasing the lint building up in the dryer, at least based on what I've seen..

Jerry

JerryMelbourne

Read the instruction book before you buy

The illustrated capacity(eg. 7.5kg) is to be various based on the wash programme you got set. It could be as low as 2kg for some programmes. This is my first front-load washing machine, I'm not sure this is specific issue for Haier or it is common for this kind of washing machine.

Peter K

Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

1 year so far and no problem at all. Clean laundry.

Shane

ShaneSydney

Hopeless.

I mean, it cleans my clothes ok and it’s not too loud. But it seems to just crash if I try a hot cycle, it crashes during spin drying, it crashes randomly. I return to the thing beeping with the screen saying “EE” which I presume is error. It can’t handle a large load even if it fits in the drum, so lots of towels is a no. And the spin cycle is hopeless... clothes always come out DRENCHED which makes it hard for me to use the dryer.

Joan

JoanCanberra

Efficient and small washing machine

It does a good job of washing my clothes. However, this might just be because I only have small loads because I only use it for myself. It hasn't worn out any of my clothes yet and it seems to clean them very well. I like how adjustable the settings are, you can choose how much water and how long you want to wash it for. The quickest setting is good if you know your clothes aren't too dirty and you're in a bit of a rush. The only probable downside is that it doesn't have a separate section for liquid detergent/softener, it only has one section for powder detergent.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
shaun

shaunperth

Tangles clothes, wears them out, and unbalances easily

You get what you pay for with this one. Our clothes have aged a lot in the past 6 months that we have had this washing machine. The worst part is, unless your clothes are very carefully ordered from heaviest to lightest as you put them into the machine, it has a tendency to go "walking" - where the drum hits against the side of the machine as it goes into the spin cycle and then the entire washing machine shudders around the laundry. Quite dangerous and defeats the purpose of having a machine to wash your clothes if you have to supervise it all the time!

Would avoid!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Holly

HollyNewcomb

Good small washing machine,

Not a bad washing machine. Sometimes struggles with uneven loads if you have more than a couple of towels in it. Easy to use. Good size. Love that it doesn't have the agitator so you can get the most out of the space. The machine itself is also a really great size, we live in a small unit so taking up as little space as possible is a bonus!

Rajat

RajatSydney

New member in our family

Haier washing machine is a great addition in our laundry.it has a most amazing feature of different wash setting based on type of clothes washed.this is different to eggs we had earlier.it works quiet.do far the wash is great and much Yi our liking.it fits well in our bathroom space as eell

Date PurchasedDec 2017

M Ramirez

M RamirezGreat Southern, WA

Good enough for simple washes.

Joan Buckingham

Joan BuckinghamMid North Coast, NSW

Does a good job

Cleans our clothes brilliantly and Spins them very well the only niggle is that when you open the lid it has like a very very loud click but its only a small distraction.
I would recommend The Haier to anyone who is price conscious and wants good value for their money.

Kasey and Kodie

Kasey and KodieQueensland, 4670

Energy efficient!

I have a messy one year old and even using the shortest cycle washes his clothes amazingly!!! We used fabric softener also and the clothes come out smelling beautiful and the machine is so quiet!! Easy to empty lint filters and I can fit a king size doona in no problems because there is no agitator! Love love love it!!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Lucas

LucasSydney

Good Washing machine with good price

I have used this washing machine for 8 months. The frequency is once per week, It works well with main functions. The clothes are cleaned and rinsed well. In most of the times, it works under an acceptable loud. Sometimes in the final stage, it throws an error and paused. Then it needs manual intervention to restart it. In most cases, it works fine.

Billy

Billy

Great product

My Second-hand 7kg Haier washer died after 5 years, being second hand and lasting that long as well as loving the design I wanted another one. So I went a size down to a 6kg and everything is going great. love the new machine, washes great, even corrects me if i choose the wrong water level, cool.

See all Haier HWT60AW1 / HWT70AW1 / HWT80AW1 reviews