Eight Homes Questions & Answers

78 questions from our users

Crystal

Crystalasked

Is 8 homes the same quality as urban edge ?

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for your question.

Eight Homes prides itself for its streamlined building process, allowing us to deliver outstanding quality and unbeatable value, while making buying and building a new home easier than ever.

We don't compromise on quality and just like Urbanedge Homes, we pride our self on workmanship.

Please email us on enquiry@8homes.com.au, if you would like us to go through our process any further.

Kindest,
Lily

Karran

Karranasked

I am planning to build with eight homes in bacchus marsh , its a small house single story house of 352 sq meter , i am happy with sales quote given and inclusion for the price which is lower than others and especially as the lot has 1.8 meter fall and i got fixed site cost , but not sure about reading reviews here and hence need guidance if i shd go with 8homes or not , hows orbit homes ?

Hi Karran,

Thanks for reaching out to Eight Homes.

It's good to hear you have received a quote from one of our friendly Sales Consultants. If you read our reviews on Product Review, you will be able to read over 400 5-star experiences from our clients.

If you have any questions about Eight Homes or our build journey, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.

Kindest,
Lily

AandJ

AandJasked

Hi Everyone,
We are considering to build a single story investment property with either Eight Homes or Simonds. As you all mention, sales consultant is great and smooth with his sales pitch but after reading the reviews, I am bit hesitatant to go with Eight Homes. Is it only double story homes people are facing issues with or issues are consistent with single story house? I'm worried particularly on
- final finish and quality
- frequent change of site Manager
- what seems to be loss of communication within company
It's true that they offer slightly lower building cost but there is no point if there are defects with the final finish. Please, can you give me your feedback before we lock in the contract?

Hi, A and J,

Thanks for reaching out on our page.

At Eight Homes, we pride ourselves on the quality of our homes and customer service.

Our streamlined and easy process was designed to increase efficiencies, which means you can move into your new homes sooner, with the help of our entire team.
We understand building a house is very exciting and can be daunting at times, so our team will be there with you every step of the way to support you through this journey.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to email or call us.

Many thanks,

champ
champ

AandJ
I would recommend if you haven’t yet finalized eight homes thn you are in profit
These guys lack in communication and supervisors blaming other supervisors
Please keep your site inspector if u can.
As our previous supervisor lied about lots of things

Ankur S

Ankur Sasked

Hi I am going to select 8 homes as my builder will be giving the deposit of 1880 next week.please give me right advice as it will be very important before taking the final step. Thank you

Robert Route
Robert Route

What advice you after. I dont get you?

Mann
Mann

It has been a good experience till now. I would definitely recommend them. Good luck.

P.S
P.S

Our build has been going for 15 months and is still not complete. I would advise you to choose a different builder, we have had so many issues and it has been the worst experience of our lives.

aviasked

Hi Eight Homes,
(Titled Land Regional VIC Wallan )From the initial deposit date, how long does it take for you to start the site?

Sean

they'll start quick, get your money then stall. The house beside us is one of there builds' and nothing had happened to it for weeks on end, read the reviews mate, you're better off spending a little more, they pay for there reviews, should say enough with that alone

avi

Thanks mate, Switched to Metricon.

Seanasked

Is it common for management to state they'll get back to you only to never get back to me? Am I going to have to have an open conversation here so potential buyers know what they're potentially signing up for?

It's been MONTHS since sending unequivocal photos that show the use of our lot and the subsequent damage caused by it. It appears that by ignoring this you don't have to worry about repairing the damage, are profits more important than morals? I wouldn't know as no one replies to any questions I ask.

Can someone from the Geelong region get [name removed] to reply to my emails about a house lot in Lara that's been damaged. it's gone past the point of being funny

Melsie
Melsie

OMG I am at the site cut stage (outer Geelong) & after reading reviews I must admit I am scared & worried. My dream, retirement forever home appears so distant & unsure. Seems I have no choice but to hire an independent building inspector for all stages due to many reviews re shoddy trades. So far Maria S & Ashleigh have been just fantastic but anxious to the stage of feeling sick in regard to the actual construction. Will post running reviews along the journey.

Melly

Mellyasked

Paid initial deposit of $888 then another $1,000 then another $2,000 at contract signing. Can these costs be explained please? Are any of these costd eventually deducted ir additional to build costs.

Hi Melly,

Thanks for your question. We certainly can explain these costs.

The initial $888 deposit is to secure the base price and secures your building start date. The next s $1000 locks in the contract price and is used towards the drafting process and the $2,000 is your contract deposit paid upon signing of your building contract. This goes towards planning permits an other associated costs that are involved. Yes all of these costs are deducted from your build costs.

I hope this answers your query.

If you have any further questions please feel free to send an email to enquiry@8homes.com.au.

TJ Kasked

Ever since my supervisor has changed, nothing has been done in our construction and this has been ongoing for 2 months now.
Can some one help me on this ?

Hi T J K,

We are sorry to hear about your concern regarding construction of your home.

So that we can assist you and investigate what is happening with the process, could you please send an email to us at enquiry@8homes.com.au.

Please ensure you include your build address, full name and contact details so that this can be followed up with the onsite team.

Hi Nikita.
Thanks for the reply. Finally I have been able to contact my supervisor and he has mentioned that they will resume working soon over this weekend. I am giving this one last chance to the team.
I will email you soon if this does not happen.
If eight homes can start working on my construction and give a good quality home, I will re consider giving positive ratings.

Tim

Timasked

Hi,

What sort of waffle slabs do you build on? We are building 1 octave 4-27 and 1 x Vinik. We need to know for the site cut. If you can forward engineering plans for both that would be great.

Hi Tim,

We would be happy to assist with your enquiry.

Please send an email to enquiry@8homes.com.au along with your build address, full name and contact details,so that we can action your request.

Mariaasked

I have also rang Eight Homes office for a complaint I have with the property being built next door that has no activity for a while now and has left their gutter without temporary downpipe to the drainage. Every time it rains the water from their gutter pools on the garage side of our property. Have left several messages as no one is contactable except the phone operator but got no reply. Just wondering if this builder is still in business because no one from the office seems to care?

Hi Maria,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we'd like to look into this further. Can you please send your full name and contact details to enquiry@8homes.com.au and we'll be in touch to discuss your concerns.

Maria

Will send you an email, I just hope I will get a reply from you because I have reported this to your display home office in Woodlea on 11 Aug and it has been put on record in your system but no one acted on it. I rang your office many times over and got transferred to the site in charge but nobody picked up the phone so I left a message twice, no response. The next time I rang Iwas referred to the administrator who didn't pick up the phone so again another message left and guess what no response whatsoever. So I would consider it a miracle if anyone would reply to my email.

It's funny your contact phone posted onsite is a trunk line instead of a direct line to the site incharge, no wonder it is so hard to get in touch when something goes wrong onsite.

Please be responsible on site because building a home is a costly exercise.

Sean

Good luck Maria, Honestly!! I've sent 40+ emails to eight homes and all they seem to do is bypass answering the questions I've asked in what appears to be an attempt of "if we ignore them, they'll go away" scenario. All I can suggest is that you keep emailing them daily. I'm finally onto the construction manager yet he appears to want to ignore the issue just as much as the first person I was talking too. The generic comment from Bec here (and every other complaint/ question) indicates that it's easier to copy and paste so they're more or less profit people, not people people

Seanasked

Hi, I've been talking to one of your Construction Customer Service Specialist for almost three months regarding damage that was caused on my lot during the construction of your home on the lot next door. for three weeks I've been told a manager will get in touch, they've left a 5 second voice mail and nothing more!

Part of me feels I'd rather be abused by your site manager over the phone again. He has some very inappropriate language he felt adequate to call a complete stranger over the phone but hey... talking to someone is better then sending emails and getting zero response.

Can someone, anyone please get their act together in Geelong and help by answering a few simple questions?? After three months of having to email 3 or 4 times to get a simple "I've asked management to call you" response it's wearing thin and I'm sick of hassling the admin lady... who seems nice enough but I'm sure she's getting sick of me as even her replies are few and far between now

Hi Sean,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We would like to look further into this matter for you. If you can send your address and contact details to enquiry@8homes.com.au, and we can organise a representative to get in contact.

Hi Bec,

I'm not sure why you believe an email address is suitable given the lack of replies for three months but never the less, I've forwarded the emails through to the address provided. If you also read my question, there is no address to provide, you're building on the lot next to mine.

Melly

Mellyasked

Anyone built with 8homes Drysdale or surrounding area? Honesty, Build time, quality of build, hiccups/delays? Really want to go with them just something is holding me back, not sure if its the woeful lack of colour choice or what.

Bhavik
Bhavik

I have built-in Tarneit. My build time was extended by 3 weeks so yes delays are there. After service is poor. We have been in-the-house for last 2 months and have found poor quality doors, and the SPa had chips and the spa pump is not even supplied as yet. The builder is not replying my calls and emails... Rest you see my review.
Good Luck

Sean

I haven't built with them but I'm next door to a lot they're building on. They've damaged my lot and I would much rather get a gun license to shoot myself in the foot than to try get any sort of straight answer from them. Their site supervisor use language I'd never expect to hear from complete strangers and he was dismissive and just rude. They seem like they don't care about anything and they only way they can get good reviews is by buying them. Despite the mountain of proof that they used my lot, they still believe that because I cant show anyone actually causing the damage, that they're not responsible for the damage. They're a high volume builder who appear to want to build and then move on, regardless of what's left to do or what needs fixing. If something will eat into their profit, they don't want to know about it in my opinion

Kazasked

Why do the guide line keep changing at the Woodlea estate?

Kaz

Does anyone know why Eight Home say one thing and change things saying it is Woodlea have changed ... WHEN WOODLEA HAVE CHANGEd NOTHING

Eight Home... please explain !!!!!!!!!!!

Sean

Probably because they can get more money out of you by having you pay for extras... render or additional brickwork and timber for example. They only get good reviews by buying them, I'm arguing over damage to my property from their build next door, they're not honest builders

Interesting Sean.
Pays to read and research. Unfortunately family members too keen on actually building their 1st home.

ExodusCyanide M

ExodusCyanide Masked

Hi bec we are in middle of nowhere, our contract date is expired yesterday still we didn’t get any clue to finish home we spoke with supervisor he end of June still didn’t get any written updates regarding this matter. It’s been 5 month we paid for second last invoice. Since then job is same stage where to get help and who is going to help us on this matter?

Hi ExodusCyanide M,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We would like to look further into this matter for you. If you can send through you build address and contact details to enquiry@8homes.com.au, we can organise a representative to get in contact with you.

Phil W
Phil W

Hi Bec we are still waiting to be completed our home it’s been 2 month our contract was expired but still no clue to get our key so could you help us where to speack for more serious matter because our supervisor said always next week. It’s been 2 month. It’s really out of control even he is not answering our call too. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Willy w

Willy wasked

Hi guys thinking of doing a build with eight Hms the viva 13,lands ready titled but are unsure if the time frame next yr March be good enough.hoping the build might get done before Xmas this yr..am i wishful thinking or can this be done?

We started our house last year, our contract has expired already.still no clue to finish home. Don’t have a look 5 star reviews. We did same thing and we are middle of the nowhere

Hi Boyce,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are able to provide options for you if you are still interested to build. If you can send through your contact information and where you are looking to build to enquiry@8homes.com.au, we can organise a consultant to discuss options.

Doreenrunner

6 weeks over contract of a house that was told if good weather will be done in 6 months....took 1 week short of a full year to hand over....3 months later still things to fix without a fix date....5 star reviews are most people has not started building or got a gift card to do....if you tell the truth dont get a gift card....but dont care as long as people see what is to really deal with lat8 homes.

probes

probesasked

Is it possible to get the building contract sooner than 4 weeks if you choose from colour boards and minimal structural changes? I have just signed off on final quote.

Hi Probes,

Thanks very much for your enquiry. Please send your contact details and build address to enquiry@8homes.com.au and we'll happily provide more information regarding building contracts.

pravin

pravinasked

Is there any difference in the quality and workmanship from display homes and customers homes.???

Hi Pravin,

Regarding your question if there is a difference in quality and workmanship from display homes and customer homes, all houses need to meet the display home standard as well as the regulated standards. The home goes through a thorough inspection process prior to completion and we follow up with a thorough three month warranty inspection.

As always, we regularly communicate with our clients during construction and if there's any concerns all you need to do is let us know.

Pravin - Please feel free to get in touch with us enquiry@8homes.com.au and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Doreenrunner

Yes!!! display homes are spotless and perfect....send me a pm and show you what you get.

skyza

skyzaasked

We have just put our initial deposit of $888 down with eight homes, building the octave 32. All the displays seem to have that wood along the skirts over the floor boards. Do we have to have this? Cant they do the flooring and come back to do the skirts? This will be our forever home and whilst i LOVE everything else in the home i feel like this could make me not want to go ahead with them

Hi Skyza,

Thanks very much for your enquiry. If you would like more information about floorboards, please send your contact details to enquiry@8homes.com.au and we'll happily provide more information.

Jopaps

We were told that the quads were the only way they could finish the laminate floors. This is the reason we chose to do our flooring after handover. That way we can get our skirts fitted after laminate is installed...the quads are an unsighlty finish.

Rita

Ritaasked

Has anybody had the floating (laminate) timber flooring installed in their new home and found it noisy.

Rita

Ritaasked

Does anybody’s know what part of the build of the home you can do yourself?

Hi Tammy

Thanks very much for your enquiry. Please send your contact details to enquiry@8homes.com.au and we'll happily provide more information.

Get an answer from our members and Eight Homes representatives