86 400

86 400

3.6

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nothing great; no value for money

I opened an account in August and moved some of my funds to this bank, approx 150k. Thought it would be a good bank as it is new and innovative. The gloss came off pretty quickly. They claim to offer 86400 seconds(24hours) of convenience each day. That's a false claim. If you have any issues during the weekend there is no one to reach out to. Atleast they should have an emergency contact. Secondly, they offer very poor interest rate compared to Ubank due to a limit on the amount they would offer interest on. I am moving funds back to Ubank who provide excellent customer service and value for money with no fuss.

KoalaPuppy

KoalaPuppySouth East Queensland, QLD

Best home loan, very happy

Applied for a home loan (after pre approval) With a different bank. 7 day’s later I was rejected. Went to a broker who applied through 86400 and we had full approval the next day. Also got a fantastic interest rate. Moved all my bank accounts to 86400 and couldn’t be happier, it’s quick, it’s no fuss and it’s great for me.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Great bank for saving

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
Banks

Find out how 86 400 compares to other Banks

Ian M.

Ian M.

Started out good.... benefits slowly eroded.

When I joined 86400 - they boasted they had the highest bonus Interest rate in the market.
However, over 6-12 months they slowly reduced their interest rates outside of the RBA's rate changes. Now they are no longer offering a competitive interest rate.
Now they have advised from Nov 1 2020, balances of up to $50k will only get the bonus interest. Add to the fact you can only access your accounts via a mobile app (no desktop/web portal) - there really is no competitive advantage with these guys. I would recommend looking for alternative banks if you are looking for a good return on your savings with better options in accessing your accounts.

notevenao

notevenaoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I opened up an account with 86 400 some months ago and I’ve just started utilising there services. I rang and spoke to Janet, who answered all my questions. I am now more than satisfied that the services provided will be to my advantage.

My call was answered quickly.

Etienne

Etienne

Has potential but..

Was pleased by the potential of this bank but seriously disappointed by the random, weird payment issues. Customer service tends to treat you like an idiot when you ring up.

Colin Jephcott

Colin JephcottGippsland, VIC

Very good so far.

Been with bank only 9 days. Have transferred monies in & out very successfully. Received phone notification when pay was received. Have added accounts from other banks & credit cards. They all show up, as well as a summation. I can even see transactions from other banks accounts. So far very good.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Bristo

BristoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looking pretty good so far

Just reading the reviews AFTER opening my account, but I'm pretty happy so far. Yesterday July 31st I rang for guidance on depositing money into the new account and it was Just so easy. No delay on my calling and I sent $1000 via Osko. It arrived instantly and I transferred to my Savings account. Immediately. Today (1st August) I transferred another $1000 via Osko, same smooth transaction, and when I transferred that to my Savings account I noticed that I had already been credited for the interest on my initial deposit that I made for the one day on the last day of July. As I said, looking pretty good so far.

Hamish

HamishGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A long way to go..... problems galore

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Banks

Find out how 86 400 compares to other Banks

Alistair

AlistairFar North Queensland, QLD

Excellent Service, really great to deal with Real people

I opened my account a few months ago, have received great interest on my 'save' account and loved using the debit card. its easy to set up, the people are great to deal with, and very helpful - you get a strange feeling - like they really care !! Its still a bit of a work in progress - we wanted a joint account, which was not originally available/ developed - and this week we got one- and it works a treat :) This is definitely a lot of steps forward.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Kate

KateAustralian Capital Territory

Competitive interest rates on savings

I recently opened a savings account with this bank because of their competitive bonus interest rates. The account was easy to open and the app is user friendly. I've been able to transfer money to my other accounts using Osko with no problems. Early days, but so far I'm very happy.

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best Interest Rates and Great Customer Service

I opened an account with this bank a few months ago because of their high interest rates on deposits.

The account set up through the app was simple and easy and completed within a few minutes.

I recently needed to transfer some money from 86400 back to my Westpac account and was very impressed when I had to increase my daily transfer limit. All it took was a simple phone call and while I was on the phone as an added security measure a code was sent to the app which I logged into to receive.

The customer support staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help me.

Author1965

Author1965Sydney, NSW

Incompetence at an almost unbelievable level

us5

us5South East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable with unhelpful poorly trained customer service.