86 400

86 400

See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for 86 400? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.6
Rachel M
Rachel MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This bank is a playground for scammers

Daniel Ruben
Daniel RubenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't even open an account

Couldn't even get an account open as the system wouldn't recognise my Medicare card which has never had any issues before. Only other ID options are passport and licence which I don't have. Result: can't bank there as there's no other way for them to verify my identity.

Lennos

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Joel R.
Joel R.Launceston, TAS

Terrible service

I had unauthorised transactions on my card and saw them go through on my app.. I immediately rang cancelled card and 86400 done nothing to get the funds back.. useless mob.. I have had this happen with ANZ and noticed days after and had money returned in a week.. stay away from this bank

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Nathan
Nathan

Very impressed with customer service

I have been with 86400 for two months, after switching from ING due to increased hurdles for bonus interest on savings.

86400 is app-only, with no internet banking. This is a minor shortfall.

The customer service experience more than makes up for this. Today I raised an issue by email about a disputed transaction on a Sunday afternoon, and received a phone call within two hours explaining they would raise a dispute with the retailer.

There are occasional outages due to upgrades, but I am very pleased so far.

Not accepting Temporary residents and generic assumptions about us

I wanted to open a bank account and they said I am not eligible since they are only accepting PRs or Australian Citizens. The call sounded discriminative saying well we are not equipped for your international transfers already assuming I would do it. All I wanted was for a bank account for my savings and smart transactions.

I have friends thay hold accounts as Temporary residents and it has clearly proven that they are not full fledged and equipped as a usual bank.

caitlin1996
caitlin1996Sydney, NSW

Very highly rated

I just processed my home loan through 86 400. Was the most easy, seamless process I have ever been through, particularly after hearing some horror stories of others and how long it took to process. Also received $2,000 cash back into my account.

Highly recommend.

Eddie K
Eddie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a bank you can trust anymore.

This bank has a lot of issues these day after they have been taken over by NAB. For example they are asking people to post of social media a photo to earn $50 from the banking app for a competition that has already ended. It used to be good and had some standards. Now they are devious and find ways to get cheap publicity online to stay afloat.

Penny D.
Penny D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't bother for home loan

Have had a home loan with them for a few years, were fabulous and I am a typical single women being employed in contract world so big banks don't want to know me. They simply looked at my employment history with no breaks in work for over two decades. Tried to access my equity (just under $200k) after saving a deposit for an investment property, rejected because I am on contract work. Didn't include the fact in the last 13 months I am earning double what I have in the past when i got a home loan three times what I wanted for an investment. Clearly NAB policies already kicking in and gender discrimination filtering.

TopicLoan Application
Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Home loans- a waste of time- don't even try

home loans: you're taking on more risk than them

Jake
JakeNSW, 2067

Started off ok, but then started blocking my account relentlessly

First 3 or 4 months were fine, however the last few months have been nothing but blocks placed on my account. Can't send more than $1000 at a time unless you call them, then they decide to be the judge of who you are allowed to send money.

Quyen Nguyen
Quyen NguyenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best lender

Just joined 86400 4 months but my experience so far with the bank is excellent. Excellent in customer service and the app is easy to use and money can be transferred in seconds. 86400 is the best lender in comparison the the other banks I had before. Well done 86400 and you deserve my 5 starts.

Aditya P.
Aditya P.

Card hacked; Fraudulent transaction made - they don't have a transaction block feature

used for hardly one month, my card was used for a fraudulent transaction. Called customer support and they said they don't have a transaction block feature and can only raise a dispute. They have blocked my card though. Now I am without a card and need to wait 30 days to get my money back (if I get it). Good that I did not close my other bank account and waited for sometime before jumping ships.

Read more reviews - page 2