AJ Grant Group

AJ Grant Group (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Home Renovators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AJ Grant Group

2.1
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

No call at all company.

Still waiting to get a call from them in regards to a work order to repair my toilet and other works. 1 week on and no one has even called me. They must be so busy they don't want more work? Pffft from all the bad reviews I have read it's a wonder they still operate.

Sheena
SheenaNorth Western Region, NSW

Disgraceful service and will never recommend them anyone to carry out work

I had a house fire and AJGrant were contracted by NRMA to carry out the work. They informed me it is a lifetime warranty job and yet 12 months after the work was carried out the electrical work was causing my home to black out everyday. I informed them and first they tried to deny they caused the problem they would not own up and now they won’t pay the electrical as part of their lifetime warranty work. I will never recommend AJ Grant to anyone as they are so difficult to work with and customer service is appalling.

Disappointed home owner
Disappointed home owner

Poor and unprofessional service

Aj grant were in charge of the repairs on our house after fire damage . They lost the contract with Nrma insurance around the same time our fire occurred it took three assessments to get a scope of work completed but unfortunately they missed most of the repairs required, the local trades who completed the actual work submitted variations to cover the missing items and completed the work professionally and were easy to deal with
Unfortunately Aj grant are poorly managed and are completely untrustworthy I wouldn’t recommend

AJ GrantAJ Grant GroupSend a private message

At least your consistent over 7 months to get our house sorted with the fawlty towers treatment and now 12 months on you reply to our review .

Maybe in 17 months time I’ll send you an email ..

peter
peterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Aj Grant not good at all

I used Aj Grant through Coles insurance. They replace my front house driveway, part of the claim. During their work they chipped my garage floor. I asked them to repair it immediately. They fixed it up but two years later it start coming off again so I called them back. Luckily they came straight away and it was fixed for the second time. A year later it again started to break down so I called them again but this time they refused. They said that wasn't part of their claim and they just done it as good will. Do you think they spent 3 to 4 hours for you for a good will. Anyway i sent a complain to cosumer affair and now i am on the waiting period.

GMP
GMPMelbourne

Disgraceful and substandard!

Disappointed client
Disappointed client

Appalling!

Very prompt service

Assessor was prompt and very professional , explained the entire process and very helpful. Good knowledge of policy. Very impressed

Absolute bunch of BOGANS.Have no idea how to conduct business or even how to use a drill.

Nothing positive to say. Do not use anyone they sub contract out. NRMA should be shamed also for using AJGrant as a choice for their insurance repairs. Job started April, now end Nov, not finished!!!

Cattle Breeder
Cattle Breeder

10/10 rating for this company from start to finish.

I cant understand previous reviews as i have nothing but praise for this company. From the initial assessment to finished job, we were kept up to date on every step. We had a few problems , due to trade delays and they were all resolved very professionally. The team that replaced our roof were the best tradesmen that we have ever had , polite, great work ethic and went above and beyond for a great finished product. I wonder if some of these other comments are genuine ?. Thank goodness we did not attempt to organise this job ourselves.

Book Geek
Book GeekAU

Would give zero stars if possible

Macca
MaccaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Middle man who offers nothing

You don't realise the problem with AJ Grant until it's too late , your insurance company will sell your job to them , they will then sell your job to the cheapest and nastiest contractors , cheaper the beter so Aj Grant maintain their gross margin for doing nothing , that's it ! A nothing company who leeches a profit from your misery ! Take the cash payout folks ! Avoid AJ Grant or suffer the pain !

Excellent job

Thank you Staff of AJ Grant, NRMA Insurance and tradies involved in our renovations. All persons we were involved with were courteous, supportive, and superseded our expectations. A really great job, by very professional people. Another huge thank you to all

Jazz
JazzMelbourne

Pathetic useless and have no idea!)

scottyfogs
scottyfogsBrfoken Hill

I only got half of my roof replaced

mjammo
mjammo

Absolute horror to deal with

This company is contracted to NRMA so I had no choice but to use them. It has now been nearly 9 months since the insurance incident and the work has still not been completed.
They get the cheapest possible solution, accept shoddy work, lie about the building requirements, send people around without making appointments then say the homeowner was not available and the list goes on.
I now have a double glazed door that does not close properly and lets air in around the frame but this is apparently OK with AJ Grant and with NRMA as well.
I don't know why any insurer would want to have this company ruining their name. I am now looking for an insurer that does not use AJ Grant.

Roofless
RooflessCentral coast

Useless and still I’m roofless

peed off
peed offclimpo2@yahoo.com

Unprofessional Duplicitous, falsehood.

ANTONC
ANTONCGosford

Never ever use this business to do your restorations

Terrible company

WA- unprofessional and run by a bunch of idiots who do not even know what they are doing. shocked how insurance companies even picked them to do repairs on there behalf. Unable to get ahold of them, repairs were the worst I have seen and when I finely got ahold of someone they did not want to listen or advised the manager is not in the office everytime I call.

rmcn
rmcnCanberra

Liar liar liar

Johno
JohnoDubbo

VERY stressful time dealing with A.J.Grant

The librarian
The librarianMelbourne

Excellent job by builders and painter.

I found the A.J. Grant tradesmen to be excellent. Tradesmen were polite and professional. They had to repair lining under eaves and paint lining and fascia board - paint was matched perfectly.

Difficult experience

This company was engaged by my insurer, SGIO, to assess water damage from a burst pipe in my bathroom wall. Everyone was friendly, but to my shock the report was to decline the claim. Turned out one of the factors leading to this decision was the use of my own plumber to fix the leak. The kicker is that the AJ Grant office said this was fine, but when I did so it was held against me.

Bob Warburton
Bob WarburtonMildura

Just inept unprofessional and amateurish.

Coles Insurance use this mob and at best they are all of the above. Absolutely no communication skills nor urgency in how they go about their work.Get used to being fed large amounts of high stinking manure because they will feed it to you.Claim submitted in Nov 2017 and approaching April 2018 and absolutely nothing has taken place.Have actually lodged a formal complaint with the Financial ombudsman in relation to this matter and don't believe I will accept AJ Grant Group in managing the repairs in any way. Coles probably really need to source another management group who demonstrate far higher qualities of proffessinalism. This mob wouldn't understand the meaning of the word.

Trades men

well my experience with A J Grant is that they don't want good trades to do there repair work. myself and other trades refuse to do work for them as the only want the cheapest price.
if insurance companies dealt direct with builders like they used to they would save money and cut out the middle man A J Grant who are only in it for the money.
There communication skills to us and also there clients as we are told by them is non existent. IAG needs to wake up and save some money and focus back on there customers who are suffering i would not recommend using SGIC OR CGU if a Panel builder is in control of the repairs.
Thank god we have the RAA in Adelaide, local people who use local trades and that's who we are with.