• Job Satisfaction

Mona

MonaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Windows will not open . Handle broken

I have called many times. Sent so many emails still no reply or call back. I called 2 weeks ago a lady answered and said " Oh well we are getting back to every one" and need to wait for my turn It has been over 6 weeks no response at all.

Louise

LouiseGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible after service, terrible product

I had an installation date of 3rd December 2020. I ordered 5 doors. Out of those only 4 doors turned up on the day. Only 2 of those doors were installed correctly. I am still waiting on them to fix the other 2. I have a security door that I cannot lock and it can be opened by the push of a finger . The other security fly wire has gaps at the bottom , specially for the bugs to come in. I would not recommend this company or ever use them again . Very unhappy with the service they have provided .

Fitnesspm

FitnesspmMount Waverley

Receptionists and manager are extremely rude

Many calls were made with no call back before I went to A&L. Receptionists and manager are extremely rude (passive aggressive) and unhelpful. I left stuff at jobs sites before that never took more than minute to pickup but with A&L, they refused to return my $100 drink bottle that I left there the week before and end up putting a complaint against me with my employer cause they were 2 lazy to put on a PPE vest or get someone to walk 50 meters to get it. They never called me back as promises many times or return my property but had the time to call my employer which shows A&L true colours!

J Banks

J BanksVictoria

Poor customer service

My online enquiry to A&L was outsourced to another company who came and measured. They supplied us with Trend windows and not tinted as ordered, not happy. Don’t bother with them, A&L obviously didn’t want our money.

Ramandeep SinghGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic customer service. After sales not reachable in any forms

Guy comes to measure door size and fails big time. Wrong door sent for installation. Installer advises will get a call. Since then emails have been sent to aftersales with no response. Phn call is bounced to various departments but not the the right one. No communication from the after sales team side.
Pathetic support. Only good at making sales and getting money.

Hi Pradeep
I wish your team was as proactive on emails as you are on this site review.
I have sent a reminder email minutes before posting here for team to read. Hopefully they get to it tomorrow.

anaAU

Terrible customer service

I called A & L Windows 11 days ago and forwarded an email to after sales as requested. As I hadn’t heard back from anyone I onforwarded my email to someone else to get assistance. My email has been hand balled to various people and I still haven’t received a response. I am not impressed with the endless wait to hear back from someone.

Hi Pradeep,
A copy of my email has already been forwarded to aftersales@alwindows.com.au on the 27/10/20 and you forwarded my email to Chris Fernando Pulle on the 4/11/20. You were cc'd in one of the emails on the 30-11-20 by Lorna Fabian.

Eugene H.

Eugene H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Windows

Hi your windows are very difficult to open and the plastic opening thing is very inadequate,brute force is required and is dangerous . Every window in house suffers from the same problem

Big Mick

Big MickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fixed balcony glass could have killed or seriously injured me or my family

Job Satisfaction
Ankit

AnkitGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Please read this review before buying - terrible service and product

Terrible customer service.

Advised A and L that the powder coating was defective after their own service tech advised me to get onto ASAP before my warranty runs out. Arranged a meeting and they never attended. Haven’t returned my phone calls for over 7 months despite calling and emailing nearly weekly. Defect reported over 16 months ago. Tried telling me I was out of warranty until I reminded them that this was raised well before the warranty ran out. Then tried telling me the brick cleaning acid has comprised the powder coating despite being a weatherboard upstairs and where it is worse. If don’t want literally years of your life wasted don’t use A and L

Ty B
Ty B

I’ve been waiting for the manager to contact me since December 2019 despite calling nearly weekly.

Lorna F.A&L Windows

Hi Ty, thank you for your response. If you contact me with your details i will have someone call you immediately.

lfabian@alwindows.com.au

TimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not a good experience.

Shocking everything! It took 6 months and upwards of 10 hours of my own communication, misdirection, and liasing (all of which I had to initiate) with staff on all levels from the bottom to the top, to get a screen door reinstalled. Initially, the door looked terrible. Scratches, gaps, dints, slants, the works! (I wish I could add photos) Then they blamed the builder of the house for not making the door square. Today it was finally completed. The only plus were the two gentleman that installed it were professional and knew what they were doing. I would not recommend, and as an organisation, would suggest they take a look at their training of employees, and internal communication protocols. Disgrace!

• +5Thumbnail

womeraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Their warranty promise is just a gimmick.

Glass starting breaking up and fell down bit by bit, poor glass product. No object has hit it and advised by builder few other people had same problem. Stay away if you want piece of mind or hope your Glass never Fails.

MarkVictoria

Terrible double glaze windows

Mark

Hello thanks for the reply if youd like to send me a private message I can give you some details. I have spoken with Ben in 2018 regarding these windows

Geoff

GeoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor post service

Our existing house is all A&L windows & they are good quality. We needed a matching window internally but they refused to even quote. Too small a job but no explanation just can’t do it. Not happy

Lorna F.A&L Windows

Unable to even answer question via email prior to a quote

I notice a lot of the great reviews are in QLD or NSW they must be OK to deal with up there. I cant even get the Melbourne office to respond to an email regarding some product information prior to obtaining a quote. Oh well will have to look elsewhere if this is what the before sales service is like.

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely Poor Service

I had 3 window glazing panels to be installed and it took them 3 months to get it right and 4 attempts to install after each time they got the measurements incorrect. Consistent phone calls and emails only to say it will take another 3 weeks before someone is able to come out, after it was there fault to begin with

DandJ Magrath

DandJ MagrathGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely expensive for a small job and no satisfaction

Craig

CraigGeelong

Service is non existent

It is coming up 3 years since we had sliding doors placed on our unit in the geelong, Victoria area. A&l were contracted by our builder to supply and fit these sliding doors. From the beginning they have not fitted correctly leaving a gap. I have been informed by the builder that he has made numerous attempts to contact the rep to have this fixed without success. Any person considering this company should be prepared that the company’s follow up service is non existent from my experience. It appears the company is content with leaving a faulty product.

DANIELMELBOURNE

Do not use this company

After having my windows installed by the builder a few months ago the bedroom window has now cracked from top to bottom. Window is 2.8 metres x 2.1 metres and its the main bedroom.

Furthermore, the same window was cracked during the build and was said to have been replaced. A few months later we have an even bigger issue. The sales person [name removed] is missing in action and the crack is now getting larger by the day. We now fear it will all cave in and break. My only advice to anyone is dont ever use this company. Obviously safety is not their number 1 priority.

Jennifer

Jenniferballarat

Sliding door and sliding screen doors terrible

The glass sliding door opens by itself at times after being shut, and the sliding screen door has was installed by A&L and I told them I was not happy with how it slides shut. Was told that it shuts fine. Complained to the builder and A&L were sent out to see us, and the guy gave my husband new rollers. These rollers have to be adjusted all the time, and we went to Bunnings today to buy some new ones (different brand) and finally the door does not sound like a freight train when opening or closing the door.

SVP

SVPasked

We have a house built by Porter Davis with A & L sliding windows & doors throughout the house. We are experiencing issues with sliding windows. All the plastic sliding windows locks are either not working or have been broken while we have tried to unlock and open the windows. Can you please help us with replacement locks? Is it possible to get better quality metal locks? Also would you please send us instructions to replace these locks? Thank you for all your help in advance.

Hello,

Would you be able to send across your details to aftersales@alwindows.com.au? Team would be glad to help you out and assist with replacement as well.

Team Leader After Sales

Debbie T.

Debbie T.asked

I have a complaint about the service of A&L door.
I ask to replace a rotting wood window frame that is 5 years old.
Lorraine Barnett told me to pay the money for this up front, in October 2020.
quote 204262300.
not until Feb 17th she found out A&L do not make them any more and will have to refund. This should of been know before asking me to place a order.
Now I can't seem to get a refund even though she told me they would refund. Still waiting, and it is now end of March 2021.

Hi Debbie,

We really apologise for the inconvenience and will follow this up right away. We will certainly take on board your feedback and ensure no other customers are affected. I will be in touch with you shortly to discuss further

Team Leader After Sales

Lorraine W

Lorraine Wasked

Hello, we have just purchased a 6 year old house with A&L locks on all windows. Unfortunately, none of the keys we were given lock/unlock the sliding or windout windows. Is there any way we can get replacement keys? Thankyou Lorraine

Ken crow
Ken crow

I would contact A and L windows they shall be able to assist you either with keys that fit or new barrels and keys to assist with the windows and sliders

Hi Lorraine,

You can email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au, please include your full property address and i will assist you with a solution.

Best regards, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager