4.0 from 1 review · View Statistics
See the Best Caravans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by A'van

DavoSydney

An excellent Avan Aliner

HappyNomadasked
Aliner 1

Where are the jacking points on the Aliner please?

Noel
Noel

There is none , they are a horrible design, i worked for Avan for years and they are very flawed in everyway very bad quality they dont even use qualified staff

HappyNomad

Despite the company's appalling reputation for lack of after sales service, there has been a lack of alternative light weight vans in Australia until quite recently. My Aliner is now 19 years old and still sound in every aspect. I don't much care for the newest models with soft moulded plastic fronts and rear ends.

actionplayer
actionplayer

Great answer noel, I also worked for a avan dealer for a very long time as I did all the work while the rest of the unqualified staff were knifing me in the back. It was very hard to work there when all the customers only wanted to deal with me but wouldn't set foot into the dealership. When this happens you get aqused of stealing customers. If they had qualified staff then they would tell them that you have to spray under the front roof with inox were the back roof runs under it every 6 months, then you wouldn't see so many people saying on this forum that it is hard to push there camper up. because it isn't when you do that.

Viv
Vivasked
Aliner 1

hi, we have an a'liner 2003 and love it but we think the window blinds over main bed, made of some sort of paper in a fan fold are terrible. Does anyone else agree ?

Jan
Janasked
Aliner 1

Hi we are finding the bed a bit small can we make it larger by turning it around and cutting down the cuboards?

davew
davew

Hi Jan,
know the problem. My wife has our double D1 Aliner bed to herself and i use the dinette area. We survive .. or i should say "I survive". I am 183 cm tall but find it comfortable enough. I have considered the option of turning the bed 90 degrees but to make it worthwhile you would need pretty well the entire length from the door opening back. This would require moving the sink and stove / fridge cabinet and it's associated plumbing, electrical and side venting along to the corner. Could be issues then with the cook top closer to the ceiling. The drawer cupboard adjacent to the door would probably go to the other corner. You would lose the dinette in the process which is fine if you want to only dine outside. We enjoy using our dinette inside in the evenings so didn't take the idea any further. That is the sort of project i would undertake on an older model maybe which needed some restoration to start with.

Grey vaner
Grey vaner

Think you have two options, one is cut your legs off and the other is to buy a different style van where bed runs length ways

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

Compare all 6 A'van Aliner