A'van Aliner

230 questions from our users

brianmkerr
brianmkerrasked
Aliner

Hi, We've just bought a 2005 Avan Aliner and would like to increase ground clearance a couple of inches. The rims are 14" and going to 15" with a higher profile tyre is an one idea. Before going down that path, can someone tell me if this is possible ie done it themselves and if there are any challenging consequences to doing this? Another idea is a body lift. I've no idea if this can be done or if a kit is available or who to contact to make further enquiries. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Kind regards, Brian and Leanne Kerr

John
John

There's some discussion of this on this very good video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yv9SQYVlC0&t=4s

CurtDasked
Aliner

Have 2001 ALiner - any suggestions of the best way to transport 2 adult Mountain bikes?

Davo

There’s companies that sell all types of bike rakes that would be suitable for A liners and/or look on the bike rack web page

CurtD

Thanks Davo - the racks I've seen don't take into account the short drawbar and location of the twin LP cylinders - if you could - could you direct me to page where I might see what you are referring to? which bike rack web page are you referring to please? Thanks Curt

Mick
Mickasked
Aliner

Does the adventure+ come with electric brakes

Gill
Gillasked
Aliner

The LED strip lights are not working on the roof of my 2019 adventure plus Cruiseliner any ideas please?

Maria-Raquel S.
Maria-Raquel S.asked
Aliner 1D

Hello, I have an Avant 2003 for a month and I have no idea how to recharge the battery from home and how to go from battery to electricity.

Michelle F.asked

Hi all,
New Avan Aliner owner here. I have acquired my uncle's 2000 Aliner after his passing late last year. I have never owned a caravan of any sort and the last time I was away in one, I think I was in nappies. (I'm just setting the scene for how little I know). I would like to get a copy of an appropriate owner's manual if there is such a thing available. I have been to the A'van site and all roads lead to a dealer, who I suspect won't have a copy of a 21-year-old owner's manual. Any suggestions where I may be able to get one? I suspect there may be one online, but thought that I should consult a brain's trust first.
Thank you in advance!

Janet S

I tracked down that manual a while back and have it as a pdf. Could email it to you if you still want it. Janet

Yes please Janet - that would be great. My email address is maffraink@gmail.com

Thank you!

Greg P.
Greg P.

IV got the same model and same question haha are you able to email me the manual through aswell? gregpfister3@gmail.com

Lisa G
Lisa Gasked
Aliner

Considering buying a 2020 Cruiseliner Adventure Avan. Has anyone fitted bike racks to this model? if so, where and how?
Thanks, Lisa

humpybong
humpybongasked
Aliner

What is tyre size on Avan

Tessa Fox
Tessa Foxasked
Aliner

I need a new water pump for my 2003 Aliner Avan. It only ha a small space to fit the new one where the old one sits. It is a very little pump, and from the picture on line I can’t determine how big the pumps are on there?

Colin S.asked
Aliner

I have a 2010 Avan Camper . Purchased s/h . Battery was replaced but not doing the job. What is the recommended battery for this van. Not running anything apart from lights,tv and microwave.

Davo

The only thing I think that could be the problem is when your Ban is parked at your place do you trickle charge the battery? What I saying is, do you connect your extensions lead to your wall van outlet when your not using the van for a long period of time?
If so then your battery probably needs replace? Take the battery out and get it tested.

Colin S.

Thanks Dave. I do trickle charge the battery but I purchased the van s/h the battery had been replaced. I will remove it and have it tested but want to be sure that the battery is suitable for the job needed.

Davo

Col the battery probably needs replacing, there is batteries a battery that is suitable for caravans, Giant power 140AH AGM deep Cycle Batteries

dawnlehnasked
Aliner

How do you keep door open when awning is up. Door hits awning.

Davo

Dawn, Do you have the awning that is Inserted between the 2 channels grove that sits on the top sides front end of your Avan above the door? If so, when your awning is up the door should fully open all the way against the Avan wall and is retain with a latch hook that is attached to the bottom of the Avan bottom wall.

dawnlehn

Yes we have that awning but it sags and door hits awning at the top

Davo

The only suggestion I have is make sure your awning is nice and taught “tight” when you peg it up and out towards the front I have the same situation, however I just brush my arm and at the top of the awning when I closing the door and/or opening the door.

June S.
June S.asked
Aliner 1D

How do you replace the battery in the rear of an ALiner

Davo

June, Although I never replace a battery, what you need to do is simply see how your existing battery is fitted and follow the same process. Making certain that the red terminal is fitted to the positive wish has a plus stamped on the battery and the black negative terminal on the minus battery

Sue geeasked
Aliner

Does anyone with an Aliner run a 12 v TV off a socket and if so how, are there any 12v sockets in the Aliner?

Davo

Sue, I can’t help you here because I don’t have a TV in my Avan, However to my knowledge you should be able to run a 12 volt socket to your Avan. Go to Jaycar Electronic, they will help you with the part you need to connect your TV, also I trust you have plugged in your Ariel cable to the outside socket of your Avan to receive a reception for you TV?

Sue gee

Thank you for your reply Davo we will definitely have to go into Jaycar. We haven't actually used the camper yet just getting it ready.

Min
Minasked
Aliner

please advise how to replace insect mesh on main windows. This is lifting on one lower edge. Is there a video on this?

Rob
Robasked
Aliner

Can the aliner be stored in travel mode or does the roof need to lifted when van is not being used for a few weeks?

Dennis M.
Dennis M.asked
Aliner

Anyone have a rough idea of town all weight on a 2001 avan cruiseliner? Thanks in advance

Rosemary C.asked
Aliner

Where can I buy a roof lifter for our Aliner Avan? We saw several of these very handy gadgets when travelling in Qld. this winter. A stem on three legs, with a small box with with a handle, Inside the box some reduction gears. A further rod and piece of c channel to fit under side of roof. Simply wind up (using just 2 fingers) and pop its up!! about $400 with a supplied canvas bag, Phone 0490 800 348 and leave a message with your name and contact number, Many thanks. Rose and Nicholas.

Davo

Rosemary, Just simply find a spare broom and saw the handle “broom stick” in halve and use the sweep brush end to push the roof up.

Rosemary C.

Dear Davo thanks for your answer
However a bad shoulder stops any lifting. I need a "device" Rosemary.

Janet S

I have had 2 gas struts fitted, one on either side of the back of the roof, connecting the roof with the trailer base. They really assist with the lifting up. Can easily do it by myself and it's a much cheaper solution than what you have described. Also a webbing strap with a loop in it, attached to the roof, that I use to pull it down. You need the strap because it's a little harder to close the roof due to the gas struts but I like it, because the roof comes down at a speed you control and never crashes down..

Robert P.
Robert P.asked
Aliner 1D

Where is the outlet for sullage hose

Sharon H.asked
Aliner

Does anyone know if you can swap the bubble windows on an Avan Aliner with flat windows????

Waiting Long
Waiting Long

Sharon, I don't know, however should you find a solution ensure that the fastenings are more secure than what is currently on the A'Van bubbles.
Our fasteners failed in no time at all as it has for so many a'van owners. We use duck tape to hold them in place.
Good luck.!

Sharon H.

Ok no worries Waiting Long will do. Thanks for your response.

actionplayer
actionplayer

Hi Sharon, you do realize that when you remove the bubble windows and put flat windows in that there are no fasteners involved just a special glue to glue them down and then a 12mm decrotive beed of silicone around the base to finish it off. just watch out for wrong information been given to you. if you have the bubble windows on your avan and the fastners screws that hold the lid on to the hinged frame come loose that is about a 5min job to fix that. regards brett.

Mitch C.
Mitch C.asked
Aliner

Hi, Just recently bought a 2000 Aliner. Would like to convert the rear fold up lounge to a permanent double bed with gas struts. Could I still use the fold up base with timber supports under it to keep it rigid. Greatly appreciate any ideas Mitch

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

A'van Aliner