A'van Aliner

A'van Aliner Questions & Answers (page 2 of 12)

1D, 3, 1, etc...
Listing monitored by A'van

234 questions from our users

Rosemary C.asked
Aliner

Where can I buy a roof lifter for our Aliner Avan? We saw several of these very handy gadgets when travelling in Qld. this winter. A stem on three legs, with a small box with with a handle, Inside the box some reduction gears. A further rod and piece of c channel to fit under side of roof. Simply wind up (using just 2 fingers) and pop its up!! about $400 with a supplied canvas bag, Phone 0490 800 348 and leave a message with your name and contact number, Many thanks. Rose and Nicholas.

Davo
Davo

Rosemary, Just simply find a spare broom and saw the handle “broom stick” in halve and use the sweep brush end to push the roof up.

Rosemary C.

Dear Davo thanks for your answer
However a bad shoulder stops any lifting. I need a "device" Rosemary.

Janet S
Janet S

I have had 2 gas struts fitted, one on either side of the back of the roof, connecting the roof with the trailer base. They really assist with the lifting up. Can easily do it by myself and it's a much cheaper solution than what you have described. Also a webbing strap with a loop in it, attached to the roof, that I use to pull it down. You need the strap because it's a little harder to close the roof due to the gas struts but I like it, because the roof comes down at a speed you control and never crashes down..

Robert P.
Robert P.asked
Aliner 1D

Where is the outlet for sullage hose

Sharon H.asked
Aliner

Does anyone know if you can swap the bubble windows on an Avan Aliner with flat windows????

Waiting Long

Sharon, I don't know, however should you find a solution ensure that the fastenings are more secure than what is currently on the A'Van bubbles.
Our fasteners failed in no time at all as it has for so many a'van owners. We use duck tape to hold them in place.
Good luck.!

Sharon H.

Ok no worries Waiting Long will do. Thanks for your response.

actionplayer
actionplayer

Hi Sharon, you do realize that when you remove the bubble windows and put flat windows in that there are no fasteners involved just a special glue to glue them down and then a 12mm decrotive beed of silicone around the base to finish it off. just watch out for wrong information been given to you. if you have the bubble windows on your avan and the fastners screws that hold the lid on to the hinged frame come loose that is about a 5min job to fix that. regards brett.

Mitch C.
Mitch C.asked
Aliner

Hi, Just recently bought a 2000 Aliner. Would like to convert the rear fold up lounge to a permanent double bed with gas struts. Could I still use the fold up base with timber supports under it to keep it rigid. Greatly appreciate any ideas Mitch

Toni Ramsey
Toni Ramseyasked
Aliner

How do stop the microwave from bouncing out when travelling. How do i get into it behind to secure it.

Dean O.
Dean O.asked
Aliner

The cook top bounces out of my Aliner when traveling . Any ideas to keep it clamped in place

Rod  k
Rod kasked
Aliner

we recently tried out our avan and the microwave did not work. it had power as the light came on when the door opened but none of the buttons did anything. my question is how do i remove it . idont see any fixing screws anywhere. do i need to remove the sink? thanks

Anke G.
Anke G.asked
Aliner

There are 2 electric On-off switches, without plugs, next to the USB and 2 electric plug switches and the TV aerial, in our Avan adventure plus camper trailer. What are they for??

Peter J

I have the same question. Did you find out?

Peter J

For anyone else, they are the switches to turn on the inside and outside speakers for the radio

mick h.
mick h.asked

Does anyone know the exterior paint code for a 2003 Aliner

Haydee Bellomo
Haydee Bellomoasked
Aliner

One week ago we purchased an Avan Cruiser 2004. The two solar batteries are under the bed which is something that I am not sure that it is safe. Someone facebook was saying that the batteries can be in a box on the chassis. Can anyone tell me if they know anything about that? Also if they can supply a photo of where in the chassis can be fit? TIA.

Kim K.
Kim K.asked
Aliner 2B

Auto electrician is wiring a 7 pin flat plug, and a Grey Anderson plug for the Fridge, to my car, for towing my Avan Crusier Camper.

Question 1: Is the No. 2 terminal on the 7 pin used and if so what for?

Question 2. Grey Anderson/Fridge - Does the van have a charging device, and do we need a stop/cut off control on the car?

Brett Luckman
Brett Luckmanasked

Hi
I’ve purchased a 1999 Avan , can anyone explain how the water pump works. Looks like it has 12v pump, hand pump and mains combined but can’t get anything working.

Ray C
Ray Casked
Aliner 2B

While I understand the Aliner 2b has capacity for a double bed, can the dining table area be converted to to a single bed ?

Robyn H.
Robyn H.asked
Aliner

We need to replace our external door handle on our Aliner 2001. Spare parts recommendation was to use a Golf Entry door lockWith 95mm cut out size. Can anyone help explain how to do this

Neil
Neilasked

Hi, I’m looking at buying a 1999 avan. Do they all have electric brakes? Thanks

johnno
johnno

Hello Neil I just had it installed on a 2002 avan so would say no. The magnets are there so its ready ti install for about $850.

Rick T.
Rick T.asked
Aliner

How do I lower the bed of an aliner. After I raised it.

Push it down they have 2 gas struts can be a bit stiff

Rick T.
Rick T.asked
Aliner

We have an aliner. I raised the bed to look at the spaces underneath. How do I lower it?

Kevin B
Kevin Basked

Where is the Gas Cooker Cutoff Valve in a 2005 Avan Cruiseliner Please

Allan Basked
Aliner 3

What yearS were the best of the Avan cruisers made ...
Thanking you In advance Allan

Allan B

And why are they better then ?

Hi Allan B
I don't know but what I do know is the reviews stink for sometime now.
Based on our experience and the lack of service (that is being kind) you certainly wouldn't buy a 2019 or 2020 model.
Good luck.

Roger H.
Roger H.

We recenty purchased a 2020 Aliner, from a dealer they were excellent. We couldn’t be happier with our purchase, 2 1/2 hr handover the dealer went through everything we need to know. Most of the questions here relate to secondhand vans, buyer beware. We decided to buy new as S/H many 15 + yrs old were typically starting to deteriorate... foam seals etc and maintenance needed. We have a local caravan repair business who have impressive reviews they will be servicing our Aliner regularly.

Chris R.
Chris R.asked

What year/model did they Change to AL-CO coil suspension. Thanks Chris

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

A'van Aliner