1D, 3, 1, etc...
See the Best Caravans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by A'van

DavoSydney

An excellent Avan Aliner

Preach7
Preach7North Western Region, NSW

A nice van to Tow and comfotable to use.

We have had our van for a yr now and find it easy to tow and to put up and down but the annex can be difficult to put up. Not recommended if you just staying over night but good on long stays. We rebuilt the bed and replaced the folding panels under the bed with one solid shed of 5 ply and fitted gas struts. We added an egg shell mattress on top of the existing foam mattress that came with the van, it seems comfortable enough. We also took the table out to give more room and as we set up a table under the annex we didn't need on inside, It also allowed for storage of gear in that space. Hope this helps those who have an Avan Aliner Kel .

Other Caravans

Really loved travelling in our Avan Aliner 2006.

We traveled over east from Perth and just loved the ease of towing (even the wife shared the driving). Want a cup of coffee pull over anywhere, pop up avan in 30 seconds, turn on the gas & kettle on all within 60 seconds. Pop it down and off you go. Its like towing a trailor. We ended up purchasing a Avan Cruiseliner with single beds, only because it annoyed me (double bed) having husband climb over top of me to go to toilet during the night, my only complaint. We also found buying the earlier model a lot me solid built, hinges stainless less (new vans aluminium) floor a lot more solid as well.

Caravans

Find out how A'van Aliner compares to other Caravans

Richard
RichardCoonabarabran

Storage ,quality

Had great times with my cruiseliner off road model 2003 .problem
The large springs on the corners of lids have all dropped or moved towards the centre of the van ,this jams the sides when l lift them .Anyone else have this problem ? And what can be done .Note have done 100,000ks not much off road stuff only on well maintained gravel.
Recommend to store roof locked down ? Or up ,when stored ?

Marty
Marty

First time caravaner, happy so far

We have a 2009 Aliner, it is easy to tow, and to erect, in fact it is quicker to set up than our tent. Has all the necessary items for free camping, solar, fridge, stove, hot water and sink. Be restrictive interior but some discipline in packing and storage eventually overcomes this issue. As mentioned by other reviews, after sales is a bit wanting, not at all supportive at times, so unless you are a bit of a handyman, it's up to yourself to deal with issues.
Would still buy one, but latter off road model.

Your Top 5 Caravan Questions, Answered

From long weekend camping trips to living on the road, caravans let us explore the great outdoors in comfort and style. Whether you’re interested in caravans for sale or caravan hire, a luxury caravan or the ‘simple life’ type, this article will answer five questions you might have about investing in a new home on wheels.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 July 2020
your-top-5-caravan-questions-answered
Gr Holl
Gr HollMELBOURNE

2000 Sportliner

Good little camper , well designed use of internal space with 30 second set up of hardtop although setting up of annex takes longer should have been designed better. Light & tows really well behind my Suzuki Grand Vitara. Good as a short stay van but cramped for longer stay.
Easy tow, hardly know its there, Quick set up and pack up. Handy solar lighting. Easy to push by hand. Reliable.
Too small for long stay unless you have annex for more space.

Michael Wolf
Michael Wolf

Looked at the A Van but went for a ChaletRV 1935. Bigger, stronger, more storage and more featues including a shower toilet combo. Better price

A'van
AvanA'van

Hi Gr Holl thanks for your you great review, we are please to see your are happy with your Sports liner and hope it gives you many happy adventures in the future.

BeeTee33
BeeTee33BeeTee33

Great concept let down by poor quality control

Ian Hobba
Ian Hobba
Pablito
Pablito

We bought a 2004 AVan Aliner Cruiser second hand last year (our first caravan) for $17,500& REALLY enjoyed it.

Bushmedicine
Bushmedicine

Can anyone please tell me what towing system is required for the 2001 Avan? I have been quoted around $2000 that includes an electric braking system. Does it have an electric system? I suspect not because of the weight....

Tow ball weight

I,m looking at buying a hyundia i30 auto desiel wagon with a max tow ball weight of 75kgs and towing limit of 1200kgs and am a little concerned that if I load the ALiner with approx another 200 kgs (taking total weight to 1000kgs),presuming I load it correctly,will this impact on the stated tow ball weight of 65kgs for the van.
ease of erection

Other Caravans

Jo Callaghan
Jo Callaghan asked
Aliner

Hi I have a 2000 avan aliner and am having a lot of trouble with my tap , the pump doesn’t work. Every time I get it ‘fixed’ ( 3 times) within 5 minutes it’s broken again. The last time the caravan repairer put in a larger pump, but when I started pumping the handle the interior lights started flashing and the tap didn’t work.
Is this a problem for this avan? How can I fix it?

Colin A.
Colin A.asked
Aliner 1D

Where is the battery. We are getting a beeping noise

brianmkerr
brianmkerrasked
Aliner

Hi, We've just bought a 2005 Avan Aliner and would like to increase ground clearance a couple of inches. The rims are 14" and going to 15" with a higher profile tyre is an one idea. Before going down that path, can someone tell me if this is possible ie done it themselves and if there are any challenging consequences to doing this? Another idea is a body lift. I've no idea if this can be done or if a kit is available or who to contact to make further enquiries. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Kind regards, Brian and Leanne Kerr

John
John

There's some discussion of this on this very good video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yv9SQYVlC0&t=4s

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

Compare all 6 A'van Aliner
CategoryCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravans
Sleeping Capacity3 people3 people3 people3 people
Tare Weight830 kg830 kg830 kg830 kg
Travel Length4.85 m4.85 m4.85 m4.85 m
Dimensions 2580 x 2075 x 3380 mm2580 x 2075 x 3380 mm2580 x 2075 x 3380 mm2580 x 2075 x 3380 mm
Bathroom / Laundry InclusionsShowerShowerShowerShower
Exterior Features240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point
Interior FeaturesAir ConditioningAir ConditioningAir ConditioningAir Conditioning
Kitchen InclusionsCooktop, Fridge, Microwave, Oven and SinkCooktop, Fridge, Microwave, Oven and SinkCooktop, Fridge, Microwave, Oven and SinkCooktop, Fridge, Microwave, Oven and Sink
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2007Mar 2007Mar 2007Mar 2007