A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner

100 questions from our users

Jon

Jonasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

I have a Avan Cruiseliner built 2003, what is the towball weight?

Pam C.

Pam C.asked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

Hi I'm trying to find out how to replace a toilet pump in avan c402 .. aspire 563 any help would be appreciated thank you

Julieasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

I have a 2017 Cruiseliner which I love. I see from your posts that the reverse a/c is not very effective. I just found that out myself!
My question is what is the best way to clean the outside and what products are recommended please.

Hi Julie
We just use car wash/wax seems to work ok.
A small squirt of WD40 keeps the windows sliding ok.

Thanks T

Geoff G.

Geoff G.asked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

Hi there, Love our 3b but can see trouble with condensation ruining indoor panels, sleeping on cold nights even with windows open. Anybody suggest gadgets to overcome issues ? Cheers Diane.

Trekkiedave

We always leave a roof vent partially open and crack a side window, seems to do the trick.
Just a quick wipe mops up any surplus.

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

How can I share something I made to lift the roof on a A'van Cruiseliner.

Leanne.M
Leanne.M

I'd be very interested as I just purchased aliner and currently can't raise roof on my own ..

Frank R.

Hi Leanne, I've got a video of the way i lift my roof up, this site doesn't let me post it up, it's a very easy way to lift the roof anyone will be able to lift their roof, I don't know how I can share the Video, to the people that are having trouble lifting their roof, I'm not selling the idea, I only want to show others.

Julie

Can you put it on YouTube maybe? I would love to see it.

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

I've read of people having trouble lifting the roof on a A'van Cruiseliner, I made a lifting thing that I would like to share....

Derek T.

Derek T.asked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

Regarding our Cruiseliner. The anderson plug lead coming out of the caravan has been explained as being the power lead for the 3 way fridge from the tow vehicle. Why, then, is there a continuous voltage reading on this lead (approx 12.6 volts) coming from the caravan?

gazza
gazza

its going to the battery which it should do

Derek T.

Derek T.asked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

What is the lead coming out of the front of the Avan drawbar,with the Anderson plug attached. used for? Someone suggested it is to power the 3 way fridge while being towed.

Trekkiedave

Hi Derek, it’s the 12 volt supply from the tow vehicle, and yes it powers the fridge when set to battery selection, it also charges the on board battery as well.

actionplayer

Hi Derek, its is the 12 volt supply for the fridge. Anderson plug on the camper models has been standard since 2015 onwards. Prior to 2015 it was a different plug. It does not charge the on board battery at all avan do not make any of there models with that system, that's why you have solar or solar provision.

Gaynor.travel

Gaynor.travelasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

Hi, we bought our cruiseliner second hand and have three pieces of protective sponge, 1 for top of cabinet and 1 between folded side, where does the other piece go?

Waiting Long

One on top of the glass pane above the stove; one above the sink; one on the bench at door entrance.
Cheers

GlennR

I put one on top of the vanity style cabinet and under the RHS siding; another on top of RHS siding to separate it from the LHS siding; and the third on topic the LHS siding near it’s top apex before lowering the roof; all to prevent damage when travelling.

travel safely

actionplayer

I love looking at the answers to this question, everyone gets it wrong on were to put the 3 square pieces foam they get the 1 on the bench top right but the other 2 wrong. as I have repaired more avans than anyone in Australia I have good laugh at a lot of the questions that get asked on this site. Its like mr waiting long air conditioner problem I could fix that in about an hour and you wouldn't have to waste your time putting anything on this site complaining about it. I have been doing this for 27 years now most people in Australia who own an avan know who I am and were to find me on the gold coast.

Glennasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

Water comes in under the apex of the roof especially if wind blows from the back of van or you hose the roof upwards from the back is that normal that water comes in underneath

Waiting Long

Glenn, I gather it is no longer under Warranty?
It's just I have seen other posts with this issue.
Best of luck.

Glenn

Thanks no van still under warranty. Been told that’s normal . Don’t know enough to prove other wise. In there defence it was severe wind blowing and garden hose has a fair stream. So not sure

Waiting Long

If the van is still under Warranty pursue it with A-van and the retailer. You have a legitimate case but will have to be very persistent and insistent

CJ N.

CJ N.asked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

Hi there. We are in the market for a second hand Avan. What are some things we should look out for?
Also, of it doesn't have solar on it, how easy is it to have solar fitted of we get it?

Hi CJN,
There are so many issues to be aware of so do be careful. I suggest many of the issues are covered in these reviews below. Just be aware that some positive reviews can come from the manufacturer; retailer etc. There could be many other review sites but this will be sufficient to show up the pitfalls.

1/ https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/a-van-australia
ttps://www.productreview.com.au/listings/a-van-aliner

and probably more....

Best Wishes
'Waiting Long'

Janetasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

I have just bought a 2004 Cruiser and I cant get the walls to secure into position with the barrel bolts and the handle lever on the front sections of the walls don't want to line up with the plates on the roof to latch into. When I bought it the barrel bolts and the lever latches were all engaged but since I have had it home I cant get any of them to line up and securely engage. The only way to get the levers into the plates is to hit them with a hammer and pull them down at the same time. I could use one side barrel bolt at first but now both side bolts wont line up and I don't have strength to push the walls out against the foam weather strips to get enough room for the bolts to slip into place. I have put it onto as level a surface as possible thinking that it has to be perfectly level for the roof to line up but this hasn't made any difference.
Help and advise please

aumaxasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

I have a 2017 Cruiseliner 2B. My problem is that I have a leak when it rains. Water appears at floor level behind the AC unit. I thought I had fixed the problem as I found the driver side rear blinker light fitting full of water and assumed the problem was water getting through the cable hole and running down the inside of the rear fibreglass panel. I have now fixed this but I still have a leak. Any help appreciated......Max

Hi Max,
I'm sorry I can't throw any light on that issue.
We've had the van for 3 months but have barely used it due to ongoing challenges in trying to get A-van to accept they have sold us an air conditioned van that doesn't cool the van. Also, though the van is parked outdoors, we haven't had that much rain here.
Best of luck with that.

aumax

Thank you for your response, I have an AC unit which is under the back bed, it has a duct of 60mm tubing which goes to bed, to the galley and the front bed. It is not very good at cooling. It will drop the temperature a few degrees but seems better for heating. Hope you can get on the road soon....

Waiting Long

Thanks aumax. Another A-van installed A/C that largely doesn't work .
In a brand new A shaped A-van they are worth over $3,000 fully installed and it is a complete waste of money.
I hope people take the manufacturer and retailer to Consumer Affairs. It is an open and shut case in favour of the purchaser.

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

Hi I bought a cargo door 900mm x 305mm $ 130.44, when I picked it up, I was told that the two keys were extra, they didn't say anything when I told them that it showed the lock plus two keys, so I had to fork out another, $ 57.00, I'm not very happy with them, has this happened to anyone else.

Waiting Long

That just seems downright mean. It wouldn't give confidence in a company's ethics and penny pinching. I would have thought keys were an essential part of the package.

actionplayer

Hi Frank, You don't buy those access doors from an avan dealer you buy them from coast to coast rv services, I buy them from there all the time and fit plenty of them to avans and the keys come standard with them.

Frank R.

I've got a A'Van, so I went to the dealer to buy it, reading my post again, it didn't come with a lock & keys like it showed, yes I feel I've been ripped off.

Janetasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

We bought a used Avan Cruisliner, it is not so easy to put up, its a little stiff. I think it was well used by previous owner, is there anything we can do to make it glide up easier. We have only put it up once, could be our inexperience.

Hi Janet,
You kind of get used to pushing it up with a little effort. I find it difficult as it is heavy.
Some people use a broom handle or such to push it up.
Not sure I can really help with this one.
Do you have an air conditioner?

Janet

Thank you, yes I think we need to use it a bit more. Her more practice. No air con tho.

Janet

The roof can be a bit heavy but is do-able for a lanky guy like me.
Perhaps you could use a small set of steps to help you get the extra elevation.

Don't let it put you off.
It's worth all the extra effort.

You should have ithe roof and sides erected in 3 minutes flat.

Michael G.

Michael G.asked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

What size air conditioning is fitted to the cruiser

Waiting Long

The A/C for A-van Cruiseliner Adventure Plus is an underbunk Finch HD9000. It has been proven to be ineffecitve in cooling the A shaped A van. It is supposed to be 2.2kw but it doesn't matter. Doesn't work for cooling. If you are buying new, then ask for a discount of over $3,000 as that would be close to the cost of purchasing this A/C, ducting and installation. Don't waste your money as A-van won't want to know about it once you've bought.

Michael G.

Michael G.asked

What size ac is fitted to the 2020 avan cruiser and is it reverse cycle

marie2mil

marie2milasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

Hi all, We have an Avan cruiseliner it has had a swarm of bees under the bed, they came in the power outlet. They have been removed by a Bee keeper however now we are cleaning out everything, the curtains are sticky and soiled, how can we best clean them?

Barry H.

Barry H.asked

Cruiseliner 1D

How do I hear water using electricity

Angelaasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

We have just purchased a 2007 avan hard roof pop top. We are unable to get the ac power to work. Does anyone have a simple suggestion on a step we may be missing? We have just bought extension cord and adaptors but no luck

Sam.L
Sam.L

Unfortunately no practical suggestions other than individually checking switches (on) and fuses (set). Evidently there's an derogatory term of a 'Man' look that has been applied to me from time to time :) In my unit the extension cord is hard wired so can't be tested by me. If its not the above and you've eliminated the extension cord and the power source is definitely live, sounds like it's service centre time. Hope it's a simple fix :)

Angela

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives