A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner

A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner (page 2 of 3)

1, 1D, 3C, etc...

• Interior Build Quality
  • Off-roading Performance

FINAL UPDATE... ON THE CRUISERLINER 5...FOND FAREWELL....2017

Love my Avan

Bought a Cruiseliner about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. So easy to tow and very easy to put up and down, I only do weekend to week long travel but for a single person I find it perfect for my needs. Also fits perfectly into my garage

Ok. But but doesn't suit our just on and over 70's age bracket.

The van has just turned 2 in April. After travelling with friends with a pop top with Island bed and having had our van only 3 months, we realised that we had made the wrong choice for our life style/age group. The Cruiseliner A-van is beautiful and tows like a dream with our almost new Nissan X-Trail. The van has external shower, gas hot water and reverse cycle air conditioning, so has all the extras. So easy to put up and down! It's not the van, but us, that is the problem. We have been flying along 130 kph before realising we had a van behind us.

We love it!

Sorry to hear all the problems some of you are having. We bought a new Cruiseliner in 2006, and must have got a good one. We've done a lot of kms and have never had a problem, even the original battery shows no sign of giving up soon. It's garaged and given a top to toe clean only once a year and it's still like new.

Ray.Gungahlin ACT.

Concept? Good. Result? Poor.

Love my Avan Cruiseliner

Interior Build Quality
Off-roading Performance
Alex6
Alex6

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep a copy of it when I'm looking at vans.

Kevvo 1941
Kevvo 1941

They are using poorer quality fittings than they used in earlier vans. I think quality control has always been an issue with A'van. The concept works well for us but the quality has gone.

Mike and Julie

Mike and JulieRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Time of writing October 2014 - A'van Cruiseliner 2010 model

Sue

SueGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Satisfied

We bought a 2006 Aliner from Pakenham Victoria. They were very helpful. A couple of things have gone wrong, only small issued, they have dealt with them promptly and have always followed up any queries we have had. I would recommend them and the Aliner. A great little van, best for two. Take a small tent for your kids!

magnus1941Richmond-Tweed, NSW

2 years 10 months, 12 trips and 134 nights with a Cruiseliner - Ongoing review

MackaRockhampton

Avan Cruiseliner Very Disappopinted.

We bought our Avan in January 2013. Since then we have had a myriad of problems with it. Trim around inside front and back has fallen off. Door stop has fallen off. Had to replace the small vent windows 3 times so far. Avan Melbourne has been totally unhelpful, calls not returned, when they answered the phone I was told to send an e mail. No reply after 8 months. Would not recommend the purchase of this Van to anyone.
Great concept.
Poor workmanship and after sales service, wont be buying another one.

G.Lyons

G.Lyonsgeelong

avan cruiseliner adventure pack

Angela  Michael

Angela MichaelMudgee NSW

We have a lemon

We purchased our Avan Cruiseliner in August 2012 and have only been away on a few short trips. Firstly, before we even took actual delivery, no elect. brakes. Electrical earthing problem. The two small windows cracked, roof has now bowed and replacement windows warped. Were intending to do a trip to SA Mid March and another trip Darwin to Broome in July/Aug. Not sure what we are going to do now.
Great concept
Poor quality workmanship, too many things going wrong with a the new van

Angela  Michael
Angela Michael
Littlezac
Littlezac

We have purchased an aspire 402 and are yet to take delivery. This will be our first van and have our fingers crossed that all will be OK.

Happy campers
Happy campers

MrsCAU

Very happy with our Avan Cruiseliner

Val Cummings
Val Cummings

A bit wet inside..

We recently purchased a new Cruiseliner and were suprised at the amount of condensation inside the van after a heavy dew. All of the internal aluminium trims were dripping water at a constant rate. Is this a common problem??. Otherwise all is pretty good.

Condensation problems in heavy dew

chris472
chris472

Yes as soon as the temp gets near zero at night you get condensation

John547

John547CANBERRA

A'Van Cruseliner a no go!

Vicki Dickfos
Vicki Dickfos

We have had an A van cruiseliner for a couple of years now and just love it. We have had no problems at all with it and love the convenience of being so early to put up and not towing any great weight.

honeyeater 01
honeyeater 01

main window blow out on highway

We were just last weekend traveling on the Bruce highway when our back window just blew off the back of the van. The windows are apparently just glued to the panels, and the glue came unstuck!! Window was retrieved, and now it's an insurance job to fix. This seems poor fixation and quality control on the part of the manufacturers

Wonnie80
Wonnie80

Bad

magnus1941

Have to agree with you about the sub standard quality, especially of the cabinets. I also had the run around about a delivery issue. Best of luck if you have a warrant issue.

Bad

purchased 2D model in march 2009, traded it in on another make in october 2009. we had problems with just about everything in the unit; faulty brakes, water ingress if it rained, insect ingress at night, electrical problems (poor electrical conections everywhere).even the rims were faulty! Would never, ever in our wildest dreams, buy another avan
easy to tow. easy to assemble
shocking build quality. after sales service virtually non existent when interstate.

Michael T

All up ,I feel we have made the correct choice a camper.We optioned our van with everything except air conditioning and it has turned out very comfortable indeed. The adventure pack handles dirt roads better than our tow vechile.
Light weight,ease of towing,insulation,
sliding light switches,After sales service a bit ordinary

See all A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner reviews

Nick

Nickasked

Cruiseliner 1D

Hi just wondering what size are the black screws that hold the dome window to the frame it's is a large wind up dome

Christine Grandjean

Christine Grandjeanasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

I recently bought a 2010 Cruiseilner from a dealer - as the saying goes, love is blind & I fell in love....
Once home I realised the van had an injury - signs of a scrape on the door side & a gap had opened between the side and rear panels. Then I noticed a rusty screw underneath. Having been through repairing water damage on an earlier model A-Liner, I found rusty screws to be an indicator of water damage.
I took the Cruiseliner back to the dealer - they said there is evidence that the outside layer of the ply floor has peeled off, which they are willing to fix, but are adamant there is no water damage to the floor or framework.
Am I just being overly concerned due to past experience, or do my concerns have merit?

Trekkiedave

In my experience never take any answer the dealers try to spin you.
Get some independent advice from a third party.

Waiting Long

Trekiedave has a good point.
With my experience with dealers, I would return it under the cooling off period.
There is too much at stake.

Did not know there was a cooling off period?

Waiting Longasked

Cruiser & Cruiseliner

Hi,
I have lost power to the lights in an A'van cruiseliner adventure plus though 240V still runs the fridge; microwave and power points.
I suspect I have blown the 12V fuse but can't find it.
Would anyone have any thoughts or know where the fuse is?
Thanks!

Trekkiedave

Under the bed , next to the sink wall, all fuses are there.

Thanks Trekkiedave

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives