A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner

A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner (page 2 of 3)

1, 1D, 2B, 3, 3C and 2 more

See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

We love it!

Sorry to hear all the problems some of you are having. We bought a new Cruiseliner in 2006, and must have got a good one. We've done a lot of kms and have never had a problem, even the original battery shows no sign of giving up soon. It's garaged and given a top to toe clean only once a year and it's still like new.

Ray.Gungahlin ACT.

Concept? Good. Result? Poor.

Love my Avan Cruiseliner

Lara

Lara

Avan Cruiseliner: disappointed

Alex6
Alex6

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep a copy of it when I'm looking at vans.

Kevvo 1941
Kevvo 1941

They are using poorer quality fittings than they used in earlier vans. I think quality control has always been an issue with A'van. The concept works well for us but the quality has gone.

Time of writing October 2014 - A'van Cruiseliner 2010 model

Sue

SueGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Satisfied

We bought a 2006 Aliner from Pakenham Victoria. They were very helpful. A couple of things have gone wrong, only small issued, they have dealt with them promptly and have always followed up any queries we have had. I would recommend them and the Aliner. A great little van, best for two. Take a small tent for your kids!

magnus1941Richmond-Tweed, NSW

2 years 10 months, 12 trips and 134 nights with a Cruiseliner - Ongoing review

MackaRockhampton

Avan Cruiseliner Very Disappopinted.

We bought our Avan in January 2013. Since then we have had a myriad of problems with it. Trim around inside front and back has fallen off. Door stop has fallen off. Had to replace the small vent windows 3 times so far. Avan Melbourne has been totally unhelpful, calls not returned, when they answered the phone I was told to send an e mail. No reply after 8 months. Would not recommend the purchase of this Van to anyone.
Great concept.
Poor workmanship and after sales service, wont be buying another one.

G.Lyons

G.Lyonsgeelong

avan cruiseliner adventure pack

Angela  Michael

Angela MichaelMudgee NSW

We have a lemon

We purchased our Avan Cruiseliner in August 2012 and have only been away on a few short trips. Firstly, before we even took actual delivery, no elect. brakes. Electrical earthing problem. The two small windows cracked, roof has now bowed and replacement windows warped. Were intending to do a trip to SA Mid March and another trip Darwin to Broome in July/Aug. Not sure what we are going to do now.
Great concept
Poor quality workmanship, too many things going wrong with a the new van

Angela  Michael
Angela Michael
Littlezac
Littlezac

We have purchased an aspire 402 and are yet to take delivery. This will be our first van and have our fingers crossed that all will be OK.

Happy campers
Happy campers

MrsCAU

Very happy with our Avan Cruiseliner

Val Cummings
Val Cummings

A bit wet inside..

We recently purchased a new Cruiseliner and were suprised at the amount of condensation inside the van after a heavy dew. All of the internal aluminium trims were dripping water at a constant rate. Is this a common problem??. Otherwise all is pretty good.

Condensation problems in heavy dew

chris472
chris472

Yes as soon as the temp gets near zero at night you get condensation

John547

John547CANBERRA

A'Van Cruseliner a no go!

Vicki Dickfos
Vicki Dickfos

We have had an A van cruiseliner for a couple of years now and just love it. We have had no problems at all with it and love the convenience of being so early to put up and not towing any great weight.

honeyeater 01
honeyeater 01

main window blow out on highway

We were just last weekend traveling on the Bruce highway when our back window just blew off the back of the van. The windows are apparently just glued to the panels, and the glue came unstuck!! Window was retrieved, and now it's an insurance job to fix. This seems poor fixation and quality control on the part of the manufacturers

Wonnie80
Wonnie80

Bad

magnus1941

Have to agree with you about the sub standard quality, especially of the cabinets. I also had the run around about a delivery issue. Best of luck if you have a warrant issue.

Bad

purchased 2D model in march 2009, traded it in on another make in october 2009. we had problems with just about everything in the unit; faulty brakes, water ingress if it rained, insect ingress at night, electrical problems (poor electrical conections everywhere).even the rims were faulty! Would never, ever in our wildest dreams, buy another avan
easy to tow. easy to assemble
shocking build quality. after sales service virtually non existent when interstate.

Michael T

All up ,I feel we have made the correct choice a camper.We optioned our van with everything except air conditioning and it has turned out very comfortable indeed. The adventure pack handles dirt roads better than our tow vechile.
Light weight,ease of towing,insulation,
sliding light switches,After sales service a bit ordinary

mynance

mynanceWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good

We bought new in 09 and have been to Lawn Hill national park and Adeles Grove. The road from Adeles to Gregory downs was probably one of the most corrugated and rough piece of road in Australia but the Cruiseliner proved tough and robust.

We have a few modifications planned and will extend the drawbar this year before going to the cape in June [if it stops raining].
Quick to set up, easy to tow. Seems to have enough storage for 2 plus we have the back of the Pajero.
Need a longer drawbar/A frame so that we can fit stone guard. Pre delivery and after sales service non existant.

BeeTee33
BeeTee33
magnus1941

Have to agree. I also have a Stone Stomper made for the Cruiseliner. Great product and works like it is supposed. Now if only the A Van worked like it was supposed to!

quintrix58

quintrix58

We have just come back from a 6000 KM trip and our 2006 cruiseliner did a great job had no problems wht so ever,it tows that well that a lot of the time i forgot it was on the back of our pajero.
While most campers were struggling with their canvas rigs we were set up in a couple of minutes and enjoying a cold beer.
It is strong well designed and built, we are very happy campers thanks A'van!
One word FANTASTIC

wordy

wordy

Gary V

Gary Vasked

What is the best way to remove the old foam seals on an A'VAN Cruiseliner before installing the new foam

john
john

I use wax and grease remover

Didi

Didiasked

Hi I have an AVAN Cruiseliner Adventure Pack Plus. My question is the weight and towing. I am in the process of buying a (new to me) car. Nissan Xtrail and despite having a heavy duty towbar the sticker inside the door says Automatic 1300kg towing. The numbers from AVAN vary. Should this be OK?

Jennie
Jennie

You need to read all the facts about weight before buying the new vehicle. Especially important are what weight your car can tow and what weight it can accept on the towball. You also need to know what your car weighs, then add the tow ball weight, the weight of your fuel (allow 1kg per litre), the weight of your stuff in the vehicle and the weight of your passengers and driver. All of the must not exceed the GVM, gross vehicle mass, allowed for your car. You could get the new car home and find you can't get inside it without exceeding GVM with the van attached. Ask the salesperson or do an online search. It was in my car manual.
I pull with an old Hilux, which can only tow 1800kg and 150kg on the ball. The Cruiseliner is fine and car fully loaded is well within GVM.

Sam.L

Hi Didi, Jennie is right on the money, it's mandatory to remain within the specifications (car & van). Personally if I was interested in a car I'd contact the RACV technical dept, my local mechanic if I use one, and use online forums to tease out my knowledge base. Incidentally a quick Google shows, there are some older X-Trail models (up to 2014) that only have a 1300kg towing capacity.

Bea

Beaasked

Just bought an Avan Adventure Plus Love it. Just one problem ..... the water pump??? It has an on/off switch. When switch turned on and the tap is opened the the pump is clearly audible. Turn the tap off and the pump then appears to stop however somehow the pump continues on its merry way whirring very very quietly in the background almost silently draining the battery. We only detected this when laying on the bed it could be heard purring through the pillow. Yes we did accidentally leave the switch on. But Why doesn't the pump STOP

Sam.L

Hi Bea, I'm no expert just handy :) My understanding is the pump maintains pressure in the line if it's left on. So it's normal to come of and on but if it's spending a lot of time on then I'd check to see if all the joints are holding their pressure. It might simply be tightening or resealing a joint. Just a note, don't over tighten and there should be a sleeve inside each end of the pipe line that supports the pipe at the joint. I can't comment on a water reservoir's impact as I've never had one. Incidentally we turn the pump of overnight and if we're away for the day as a power conservation measure and if there was a plumbing failure (all be it unlikely). Cheers

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

A'van Cruiseliner 1

CategoryCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravansCaravans
Sleeping Capacity2 people3 people2 people3 people2 people2 people2 people
Tare Weight895 kg895 kg895 kg895 kg895 kg895 kg895 kg
Travel Length5.18 m5.18 m5.18 m5.18 m5.18 m5.18 m5.18 m
Dimensions 2440 x 2075 x 3615 mm2440 x 2075 x 3615 mm2440 x 2075 x 3615 mm2440 x 2075 x 3615 mm2440 x 2075 x 3615 mm2440 x 2075 x 3615 mm2440 x 2075 x 3615 mm
Main Bed SizeDoubleSingleDoubleDoubleDoubleDoubleSingle
Exterior Features240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point240V Power Point
Interior FeaturesAir ConditioningAir ConditioningAir ConditioningAir ConditioningAir ConditioningAir ConditioningAir Conditioning
Kitchen InclusionsCooktop and FridgeCooktop and FridgeCooktop and FridgeCooktop and FridgeCooktop and FridgeCooktop and FridgeCooktop and Fridge
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateSep 2007Sep 2007Sep 2007Sep 2007Sep 2007Sep 2007Sep 2007