Infant, Toddler, Follow-On, Junior

Pros

• Hassle-free preparation

• Gentle on your child's tummy

• Tastes good

Cons

• More expensive than most formulas

• Breastfed Child Yes (1) · No (0)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (1) · No (0)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (1) · No (0)
Katrina

KatrinaSydney, NSW

Baby constipated badly

Our newborn it’s 17 days old
And we start him on a2 platinum infant formula. He’s constipated and not very happy. I thought with the high price this product it’s good
But not good at all very disappointed!

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for A$35.60.

Breastfed ChildYes
Easy to PrepareYes
Caused Unease / SicknessYes
KJB

KJBMelbourne

Stinks

This formula smells terrible. Which is most unfortunate when you have a baby that vomits a lot. Switched to Aptamil Gold AR because of the vomiting and it works a treat, and doesn’t smell nearly as bad. Definitely not worth the extra $10 I had to pay, and it’s hard to get... ordering on Woolies online I couls only get it if I ordered on a Wednesday.

Jess.A

Jess.A

Not right for our baby

We decided to go with A2 because of all the good reviews and I drink a2 milk myself, we thought it would be gentle on our babies stomach. It is very easy to prepare and dissolves easy weather shaken or stirred however our baby is suffering from terrible gas and stomach pain and we think it's due to the A2 formula, the pain Co-insides when we gave our baby this formula.

Baby Formulas

Find out how A2 Platinum Premium compares to other Baby Formulas

Dangerous

This formula gave my baby consistent vomiting until yellow bile. She vomited for at least an hour straight and then couldn’t keep anything down. She was so sick she fell asleep and slept for 8 hours. I tried it 3 times and this was the result each time. I would not recommend this for New borns.

Emma G

Emma G

Great Product but you'll NEVER find it so don't bother

This formula has been fantastic for my little girl, she guzzles it down and has no nasty side effects & she poos on a regular basis. However .... you CANNOT find step 2 ANYWHERE as greedy overseas sellers snap it up as it hits the shelves and it is heartbreaking going from shop to shop trying to find it and it's never available!
So I suggest not even bothering with this product anymore UNLESS they start prioritising Aussie mums. Which so far... They haven't!
I am going to have to change to a different brand so my daughter doesn't starve due to supply issues.
Shame A2... SHAME ! Put Aussie mums first!!!

not worth the price

I have a reflux baby and have tried a lot of formulas for different reasons. My son wasnt putting on much weight so was advised by the pedeatrician to try A2. It is the most expensive formula on the market so i thought i would try it as my dr has had patients that put on weight.
Yes my son loves the taste and would finish every bottle but the huge vomiting after every feed, and in between feeds was terrible. I had to change his clothes and mine after every feed. I had high hopes for this formula but it looks like it doesnt agree with this one

Andy

AndyPerth

Overrated

This formula (and the whole A2 thing) is so overrated. I had high expectations for this product due to all the positive reviews but unfortunately it has left me very disappointed.

Firstly, this formula is much more frothy than other formulas we have used so bub gets heaps of bubbles and air. It also doesn't dissolve as well as it should so I would always see small bits of formula left in the bottle after a feed.

Worst of all this formula made my son vomit his entre feed each time I fed it to him! It gave him an upset stomach. Its definitely not gentle.

CaitlinSydney

Terrible

Left my 3 week old always hungry and wanting to feed every hour and a half. This caused him to be awake for almost 11 hours straight.

Also doesn't dissolve properly and caused him to have a lot of gas and on and off constipation.

Very disappointed changed to s26

Caitlin

Update. S26 was horrible as well. Now on Nan Comfort and will never look back.

Terrible formula big regret

When my daughter was born she had bad retflux couldn't take her bib off! I went on non comfort1 and her reflux died down around 3 weeks ago at the age of 6 weeks! I read good reviews on this formula so i thought id give it a go!
Everytime i burped her after a bottle she projector vomited. She had so much diarrhea the formula was way to harsh on her tummy! Will not be using this product again!

Baby Formulas

Find out how A2 Platinum Premium compares to other Baby Formulas

Good formula - terrible supply

Hard to get

My baby likes A2 milk and digest it quite well. Its not greasy and smells quite nice. But the supply for this formula is very BAD! Coles cannot even keep up with the supply. It is really not worth the hassle of ringing and driving around just to find a stock.

Countrygrammer

CountrygrammerNewcastle

Not good for ds

This was horrible for my ds. He would spit most out during his feeds, throw up lots afterwards and was very gassy. He was very unsettled on this formula which is disappointing as it was pretty expensive.

Cazz. V

Cazz. VMelbourne

Very unsettled baby

Tried this product after reading positive reviews, and not 100% content with s26 gold, but found that a2 was much worse for
my baby making her very unsettled, taking hours to put her to sleep. Went back to s26 gold and after one bottle, my little one is much more settled.

Ben

Benasked

A2 Platinum Premium

Is it possible to get a sample pack to see if my baby will like this formula? She is 16 months old.

JEs

JEsasked

A2 Platinum Premium

My baby is on a2 and her poo is very runny. She goes once a day or every other day. I thought formula fed babies’ poos have pasty consistency? Is my baby’s poo normal. She has had this runny poo for a month now.

We have had the same problem, with a heap of gas/wind that we have been able to relive 30-40% via infocol. Our child is also on Losec for reflux

Ann L.

Ann L.asked

A2 Platinum Premium

Are they good for eczema baby?

Features:

• Made from cow’s milk, which is the most popular pick for parents.
  • As the name suggests, A2 Platinum Premium is made with A2 milk, which is thought to be healthier and easier for your child to digest.
  • Includes formulas for Stages 1 through to 4, enabling a smooth transition for your baby between formulas as they grow.
  • An 800g tin will set you back $35.60 for Stage 1 and Stage 2 formula, and $30 for Stage 3 and Stage 4 formula.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said that their children enjoyed the formula and liked the taste.
  • Parents noted that the formula was easy to prepare and dissolved well in water without needing to excessively shake the bottle, which saved them time and any extra hassle.
  • For many reviewers, this formula was gentle on their child’s stomach and in most cases, didn’t cause any unease or sickness.

Pain points for A2 Platinum Premium:

• The price point of A2 Platinum Premium makes it one of the more expensive formulas on the market.

Points to consider:

• Although A2 Platinum Premium is available at chemists and major supermarkets, many reviewers found it difficult to find stores which had them in stock.
Compare all 4 A2 Platinum Premium
CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) A$35.60A$35.60A$30.00A$30.00
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage1234