Infant, Toddler, Follow-On, Junior

Pros

• Hassle-free preparation

• Gentle on your child's tummy

• Tastes good

Cons

• More expensive than most formulas

• Breastfed Child Yes (1) · No (2)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (3) · No (0)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (1) · No (1)
Joanne Harrison

Joanne HarrisonPerth, WA

Not good for my baby

My grandson was on this formulae and we had to change it as his bowel movements were loose and green. He was always unsettled. Since changing the formula he now settles and his bowel motion has returned to normal. Why would this happen?

Purchased in October 2020 for A$28.00.

Breastfed ChildNo
Caused Unease / SicknessYes
Anna Ng

Anna NgGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My Boy loves it but he has poor weigh gain!

Over one month ago my little boy refused breast milk from bottle ( his average breast milk volume was 550 ml a day although his weigh was 6.59 kilo; but he gained good weigh with breast milk) and I had to search for new formula for him. This was recommended by my GP to give a try. He loved the milk instantly and demanded for more very fast, two weeks after first introduced A2 stage 1 he reached volume 900-1000 ml a day and now his kilo is 6.80. His bowels movement is better after one month drinking A2, now is about 2 days. But! He is not gaining good weigh despite of the volume intake and he is losing his cheeks and double chin. So We are looking for new formula now!

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$37.99.

Breastfed ChildNo
LQQ

LQQ

Easy to prepare

Quick to prepare, with minimal time spent preparing it. My baby has no side effects to drinking the formula. My baby seems to enjoy drinking it as she drinks a lot of it, compared to other formulas that I've used in which she drinks less of it.

Purchased in May 2019.

Find out how A2 Platinum Premium compares to other Baby Formulas

Great formula not easy to find

I was giving A2-1 formula for Bub starting 3 months old and found it easy to prepare and gives a peaceful night
But unfortunately we found it hard to find in a supermarkets and we forced to use another formulas

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for A$38.00.

Breastfed ChildYes
Caused Unease / SicknessNo
Vickyness

VickynessClarinda

Kinda strange

My baby didn’t like it because it was watery and smelt a bit fishy from the fish oil. Didn’t cause any issues but I don’t think it was worth the price. I will stick to goats milk which is easy to digest as well, that seems to be alot more creamier.

C.R

C.R

Stopped working

My newborn seemed fine with the formula but she began to get bad gas and constipation at around 6 weeks..I still have 2 unused tins and there's no way I could get a refund. The formula also smells really bad once it's cooled down. Was very disappointed as I generally prefer A2 milk.

Yi111

Yi111Hornsby

Good enough but a bit expensive.

This A2 platinum formular is pretty good. Easy to dissolve when mixing with water.

At the hospital, they provided NAN, since I only used a couple of times, can’t give fair review on that. So purchased A2 platinum by reading other reviews. $36 per can is almost one of the most expensive one on the market.

The only reason I’m rating this 5 star is because the baby farts a lot and really smelly with this formula.

Sara

SaraSydney

Wasn't good for my baby

This formula is very easy to prepare but is very thin/watery. In the begining my DS was eating well and appeared to love and enjoy the formula. I would say the consistency of the formula is close to that of breast milk. I found that my DS was not satisfied after each feed and would wake up every 2 or 2 and a half hours for a feed.
He also became constipated and started to vomit after almost every feed. We ended up changing his formula straight away after he started the vomiting.
It may be good and work for some but it is not for all.

Mishu

Mishu

Not for my baby

This milk's texture is just like breast milk. Easy to make and dissolves very easily. Light milk, looks yumm. Bought this after seeing review. I know any a2 type milk is good. Unfortunately it was not for my baby. My baby was constipated. It was hard to open his bowel. Every baby is different.

Sharyn35

Sharyn35Brisbane

Not Good Value For Money

This was the first formula I used for my baby and I can't see how it was worth the $36 you pay for it. It was difficult to prepare as the water needed to be hot, 70 degrees, and tasted metallic. It made my Bub gassy and gave him lots of reflux which other formulas on the market didn't. I wouldn't buy it again.

Andy

AndyCanberra

No allergic reactions from my baby but not available.

This formula is one of the few that our baby enjoys. It didn’t cause any tummy issues and it is well tolerated. It has a good smell, easy to clean as well. The issue is that it is not always available in the market. Lots of parents are stacking this one.

3923M

3923MDarwin

Great starter formula

Great starter formula for our newborn, it was easy to prepare and baby always settled and slept well. He did experience some discomfort from constipation and his skin appeared oily. This product is particularly expensive compared to other brands and was out of stock on more than one occasion which ultimately influenced our decision to change.

Amy.Z

Amy.ZSydney

My baby doesn't really enjoy.

I just stopped breastfeeding last month and had to find stage 3 formula for my baby. After doing some research online and asking some friends' advice, I chose A2. Well, this is surely hard to buy and pricy. Finally got it but my baby didn't really enjoy. Have changed another brand called S26.

Woody

WoodyBrisbane

Good for Juniors

Very easy to prepare. Dissolves quickly without sticking it to the cup. We were trying to find a formula for my 4 year old but only fortunate to find this brand as other brands normally does not cover this age group.

This is the only product available in my store and cannot compare with other products. Kid seems enjoying the formula in first months but now he only drinks half a bottle. Not sure he does not like the taste anymore.

fg_house

fg_houseSydney

Seems very good, however caused constipation for my 2 babies

Formula is easy to prepare, it seems the best of the best nutritionally, however it caused constipation. We bought a lot and really tried for my 2 babies, however both of them had constipation issue with A2M, maybe is due to the formulation or heavy ingredients. We, whole family, are using A2M cow milk, so we really want to be able to use this formula, but sorry, we couldn't. Can be very hard to buy, stock is low everywhere

Seb

SebPerth

Good product, bad production

I grabbed a2 from the start was my wife was having trouble breast feeding. My son did like it. Though once we got to stage 2 supply to Western Australia started to slow down. Unfortunately we had to change formula as we couldn't get any around where we live (all sold out and still is). A2 did send us 2 tins where I ran them up in a panic (overnight delivery).

Korero

Korero

Just starting

Easy to prepare. Baby is breastfed so just starting out with formula so we can all get a night out. Enjoys the taste of the milk, and I would be sure that he would drink it regularl, but not so sure about the teat. No side-effects whatsoever. Chose A2 as an alternative to regular milk. Hoping to see some good results.

K V

K VVictor harbor

Okay

Tried a few formula This baby formula was okay at th beginning. It's very easy to dissolve n doesn't leave big lumps, it tastes good but my son was very constipated with this formula so we had to change. It's very pricy and no stock everywhere ,it is hard to find anywhere .

Gauri

Gauri

Good formula

A2 platinum premium formula is a good formula.
But I am not happy with the shortage of this product...specially satage 2. So I would recommend to new mums , better not to start with this formula. Because if we change formulas in between it's very bad for tiny tummies. And if you ring their customer service phone no. they say your baby is fine with stage 1 for first 12 months. Then why do they have different stages ?Should have just one stage only.

Vince

VinceWerribee

hard to buy

We choose A2 formular for our baby as we thought it is better than other brands. Actually we cannot tell if it is good or not as baby will not tell you what he thinks.
Anyway, it is quite easy to prepare, our baby seems happy and normally will have long sleep after have it.
One thing i am not quite happy is. A2 formular is so hard to get/buy, it is always out of stock. i normal have to shop around 3 or 4 supermarkets to get one.

Ben

Benasked

A2 Platinum Premium

Is it possible to get a sample pack to see if my baby will like this formula? She is 16 months old.

JEs

JEsasked

A2 Platinum Premium

My baby is on a2 and her poo is very runny. She goes once a day or every other day. I thought formula fed babies’ poos have pasty consistency? Is my baby’s poo normal. She has had this runny poo for a month now.

We have had the same problem, with a heap of gas/wind that we have been able to relive 30-40% via infocol. Our child is also on Losec for reflux

Ann L.

Ann L.asked

A2 Platinum Premium

Are they good for eczema baby?

Features:

• Made from cow’s milk, which is the most popular pick for parents.
  • As the name suggests, A2 Platinum Premium is made with A2 milk, which is thought to be healthier and easier for your child to digest.
  • Includes formulas for Stages 1 through to 4, enabling a smooth transition for your baby between formulas as they grow.
  • An 800g tin will set you back $35.60 for Stage 1 and Stage 2 formula, and $30 for Stage 3 and Stage 4 formula.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said that their children enjoyed the formula and liked the taste.
  • Parents noted that the formula was easy to prepare and dissolved well in water without needing to excessively shake the bottle, which saved them time and any extra hassle.
  • For many reviewers, this formula was gentle on their child’s stomach and in most cases, didn’t cause any unease or sickness.

Pain points for A2 Platinum Premium:

• The price point of A2 Platinum Premium makes it one of the more expensive formulas on the market.

Points to consider:

• Although A2 Platinum Premium is available at chemists and major supermarkets, many reviewers found it difficult to find stores which had them in stock.
Compare all 4 A2 Platinum Premium
CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) A$35.60A$35.60A$30.00A$30.00
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage1234