AAMI Car Insurance - Comprehensive

AAMI Car Insurance - Comprehensive (page 2 of 10)

See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AAMI

• 1-2 weeks (23)
    • 2-4 weeks (21)
    • 1-2 months (33)
    • 3+ months (33)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (93) · No (34)

Lynette gray
Lynette gray Sydney, NSW

Worst claims service

It has taken 6 weeks to try and resolve our small claim. It has taken their preferred repairer a month to get his quote to AAMI. No one will assist us you talk to a different person in their call centre every time. Still no resolution just a load full of stress and nobody cares. We will now be cancelling our three policies and going elsewhere. Don’t believe their advertising it’s a load of rubbish AAMI don’t care about their customers pay the premium and you are on your own at claim time

STG
STGSouthwest, VIC

If can review minus stars would have done so

Saru S.
Saru S.Sydney, NSW

Never Ever go with them !!

They are taking more than a month to do minor repair. They keep lying saying it will be ready by next Friday but that next Friday never comes! Ridiculous Service!

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Harry
HarryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst car insurance in market

Cos
CosGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Number on Address... Wow what a difference

Don't go near this mob. I had numerous insurance policies and considered myself a loyal customer. Went online for new insurance policy for a car mistakenly typing the number address next door to mine and it comes in at $100 cheaper, than if you put in your home address. Put in address next door on the opposite side..still $100 cheaper. You put in your correct address and they hit you for an extra $100 more. Explanation for this is that possibly my house is in a Higher Risk area. How gullible do they think we Customers are. More like Already a customer so don't have to offer a competitive price. They've lost me

Beemee
Beemee Sydney, NSW

You are never lucky with AAMI

Paul J.

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Emina
Emina Queensland

Disgusting customer service.

My excess is $2,150 and it’s something that I did not agree upon when I signed up with aami. Some flexi cover crap I’m paying extra for. My standard excess should be $600.
Rude customer service.. because I cannot afford $2,150 they were harassing me multiple times. Yelling at me on the phone.

When I did call them back multiple times to ask them why and how is my excess so high they wouldn’t answer my question.. completely ignoring me and would hang up on my face. Even one lady said to me “business is business” then hanged up. It’s disgusting AAMI you should be ashamed. Supposed to be helping your customers but your stealing money from my pocket. Wth $2,150 you got to be kidding. Didn’t fall for it. Pigs!

Anjali K.
Anjali K.Perth, WA

Ridiculous Customer Service!

Isobel S
Isobel S

So happy with them

I have made 2 not-at-fault claims through AAMI and they have been incredible! Organised everything from tow trucks to taxis whilst on the phone to them. So kind and helpful. Very happy I paid for the hire car on my policy as I do feel that has been worth it.

Kim
Kim

Bad customer service

No stars for this company. Extremely bad customer service in terms of keeping the customer informed of the status of the review of the claim. They hardly called us to update the status and if they did and we could not answer the call. When we tried to call them back it always went to the officer's voicemail and they just would not call us back. It's been more than 9 weeks since we put thorough our claim and we still don't know what's happening. No-one would call us back to give us an update! We feel we are so UNLUCKY to be with AAMI!!!

Other Car Insurance

Can’t give less than 1 star.

1. Worthless insurance company/ Sucks money out of customer
2. Roadside assistance; need to lodge the claim beside the battery is down or forget the key inside your car.
3. Lodged a claim and need to wait weeks and weeks to get it resolved and I fixed my car and paid it from my pocket.
4. They help themselves not the customer

HangrySara
HangrySaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A 100% recommended insurer

A B.
A B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid!! rip off. Rude customer service U don't get the service you pay need to wait 9 hours for tow truck! 1 star rating

Policy poor value.
Road side assistance worst experience I ever had. Rude customer service rep. Not worth paying them extra money and they will NOT provide you premium service.
Need major improvement.

Saintlbc
SaintlbcSydney, NSW

AAMI.. You can do better

My vehicle was written off on April 21st.
It was towed to an AAMI holding yard on April 23rd for assessment... I have consequently been on the phone on 3 occasions for periods of 45-60 minutes.. I was informed on May 3rd it was written off.. then supposedly transferred to the Total Loss Dept... waited 60 minutes then someone answered the phone and hung up...
I did not utter a word....
AAMI, you can do better

Karen A.
Karen A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scam. Unethical. Bullies. Unconscionable

Aami’s contract repairer undertook repairs to almost 90% of my car’s value and rendered it unroadworthy, unsafe and unsellable. It should have been written off. Now I’ve lost my car

tay
tayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worst insurance company

filed a claim with them was stood around over a month. still not resolved. worst insurance company. got threatened to cancel the insurance to avoid claim refusal (even though i wasnt at fault and fully covered by insuance)

ChittyD
ChittyDSydney, NSW

Beware if you have a parked car accident

Mat
MatAU

AAMI Cancelations beware

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI
Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would provide a lesser star if possible.. Horrible Service with wait times...

Would provide a lesser star if possible.. Horrible Service with wait times... beyond a joke. Sales Q wait time 2sec... Service Q wait time more than 30mins...that explains where the focus is more for the company. All about the getting the money in.

Vasanth S.
Vasanth S.Sydney, NSW

Worst Car insurance - Please stay away

I went with AAMI because of low insurance policy - Got a call from repair no parts in town for Toyota Corolla which is hard to believe and they informed it will take another 8 weeks for the parts to arrive.

I think AAMI is big SCAM it should be avoided at any cost and go with proper car insurance company

Woza
WozaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Roadside assist is a joke .

Broke down 200 klms from main town had to pay full cost of tow before they would tow me .now trying to get reimbursed after many calls and transferred around for hours only after i said ive had enough and ringing the ombudsman now was told i have to wait a month .I'm about to change insurance for both cars and trailer they lost me .

Rocco G.
Rocco G.

Avoid AAMI and Suncorp at all costs

Charmaine
CharmaineMelbourne

AAMI rip off valued customers; keep hiking up premiums

No accident in 40 years of driving,yet every single year AAMI increase my premium by hundreds of dollars. Every year I spend an hour on the phone trying to get the premium reduced because it’s extremely high. Cancelled insurance, putting in a massive complaint. Terrible company to deal with

Joel s.
Joel s.Perth, WA

HORRIBLE,STAY AWAY

Stay away from this mob. Quoted $10,000 to be repaired. Which in reality. All repairers 3 to $4000. Ask how it come up to much. No clear explanation. Easy figured it out. Its economical for them to wreck or write off your beloved car. Then payout less and then they auction it. They will move without you knowing thinking its on a repair and assessment shop. When i found out they already towed it to a auction and salvage company. Hoping or convinced already that you got scared and write it off for a 2 door and quarter panel.