Part of AAMI Car Insurance 1.8

Richard Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
Jono T
Jono T2 posts
  Comprehensive

Look at the fine print of your break down cover before paying extra

We took out break down cover as an additional instead of going with NRMA. Know this readers if your car has even the most minor incident re: wood on the road cracking your sump, and you pull over immediately due to resultant oil leak, they will force you to make a claim to access the additional break down cover you paid for; forcing you to declare such a minor event as an accident. They will also try hard to send your car to their affiliate repairers who have informed us they will hang onto a car until February for unnecessary additional checks (incident occurred early Dec). I could have done the repair myself if I was permitted to have my car towed home!
Kylie
KylieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
accounts
accountsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Comprehensive

Terrible if your an additional driver

Unfortunately if you are an additional driver on a policy with AAMI they are unable to deal with you if you have an accident. Leaving you high and dry until the policy holder is available is able to contact them. Really bad if the policy holder is overseas. . .
Mel J
Mel JSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
H W
H WAU27 posts
  Comprehensive

lies, greedy, terrible customer service, the worst

lies, greedy, terrible customer service, the worst, they’ll never get my business again
Postman
Postman19 posts
Lia
Lia
  Comprehensive

You can never call them successfully

There is always a long long time to wait in the queue. Have been waiting for more than one hour for just a call
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Juzzy
JuzzyGeelong4 posts
  Comprehensive

Absolute dream to deal with after losing my wife. Tegan absolutely made my day

Tegan was an absolute dream to deal with after my wife passing away 4 weeks ago and having to change and cancel policies. She got me an even cheaper rate and i even get a nice little refund to help with christmas. God bless you. Great customer service. If i gcould give more than 5 stars i would
Cally
CallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts
  Verified Comprehensive

AAMI used to be good but now - automation ID verification that doesn't work, excessive rates

Excessive rate increases on car insurance. They lost their competitive edge. Examples; they use AI to identify you on the phone, but the information doesn't even get to the person who takes the call - broken tech? They failed to send a renewal notice that indicated a 30% increase for no valid reason. AAMI used to be SO good - I thought they were the best insurer ever. And not long ago their customer service people were wonderful. Now? Disappointing and unconvinced I should be paying premium amounts for car insurance given they appear to have adopted major cost-cutting service approaches that put them in line with much cheaper insurers, but at a premium cost. Disappointing their focus and models have changed.
yunus
yunusSouth East Queensland, QLD30 posts
Mel J.
Mel J.
SW
SWbrisbane4 posts
  Comprehensive

Decent until you need it - will definitely move to another one on my next renewal

Have been a client for more then a decade. Never needed to use it until recently when someone hit my car. First they would not let me use my preferred provider to fix the damage (which is walking distance from my house) making me instead cross the entire town for their "nearest preferred provider" which only had time more then 2 months after the accident. Then they kept telling me I had to pay my excess repeatedly even though I explained I was not at fault, and to my surprise they simply decided that both parties were at fault then - coincidentally the other party, who acknowledged the fault, was with Suncorp which is part of the same group. Horrible service, overpriced and simply useless.
Haleh A.
Haleh A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts

Rude agent

I was very surprised by the tone of speaking of their agent when I called and tried to get a discount from them. He rudely told me that don’t need to accept it and you can go somewhere else. This is while I have been with AAMI for 6 years and no claims by now!

janine s
janine sGippsland, VIC15 posts

too ex

Have been insured insured with aami for 20 years and went to renew my policy They wanted 930 a year for my 10 year old car They couldnt explain why my 2023 same model car with window coverage was 250 cheaper Needless to say rang around Youi did same deal for 600 So now im with youi When my other two cars come up for renewal i guess ill change them too
Brenden
BrendenFar North Queensland, QLD36 posts
  Comprehensive

Gone automatated and lost their customer service

AAMi used to be answered and dealt with by a real person, now its all electronic and the crap to get ahold of them to do anything is near impossible. simply not worth being with as to difficult to have communications with
Beth W.
Beth W.

Absolutely disgraceful customer service

This insurance policy has done nothing but make our lives harder throughout our car claim. I’ve been lied to multiple times.
Takes me 30 min plus to get through to a person. Have made a complaint and they won’t get back to me for a week.
On top of that our car repair claim has been delayed and delayed.
We are beyond unsatisfied and are looking up other car insurance companies who have more heart in tough times!
Catherine
CatherineSydney, NSW3 posts
Tyrone crawford
Tyrone crawford

Will not pay claims

Very frustrating they took 3 months to organise there repairer to get the parts, after 3 months I decided to get the car fixed by a private repairer so I could use it again, now there telling me that they cannot help me with anything or pay out the value of the original quote from there repairer due to me getting it fixed already. Full comprehensive insurance is a joke and aami is a waste of money, they are all international call centres that just say they can't help. Very disappointing service and we will be pulling all of our policies away from aami for our personal cars and business.
pokedabeers
pokedabeersPerth, WA3 posts
  Comprehensive

Renewal was twice the price of a new contract

So I been with aami for ages. Every year I get a renewal which I pay asap. Anyway, this year I thought, hey let me check and see if I can get it cheaper. So i go to one of dem comparison websites and hey presto, Aami pops up showing the same policy but half the price.... not happy. so I let me policy lapse and then just reinsured with aami for half the price. what a rort. no such thing as loyalty
SundayRose J.
SundayRose J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
Sarabjit V.
Sarabjit V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts
  Comprehensive

Poor customer service, long waits on phone queue

We have done a terrible mistake switching to AAMI car insurance. The waiting period to talk to someone on the phone is average an hour. The customer service is very poor and it's hard to understand some of the foreign representatives. Couple of times, they hung up on me (accidentally) after waiting for an hour on the phone.
However, they have got our car fixed without much hassle. It's also a little cheaper than other insurance companies. It's the last time we will go with AAMI. It's better to pay more money and go with someone like Youi or Budget Direct.
James Russell
James RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Comprehensive

Have had rectification work twice due to there workshops

Hail damage front door panels have fallen off bullbar has had bolts loosen. Worst service by assessors and claims managers want go back
Martin B.3 posts

The worst experience

Aami's client drove into my property fence. We had lodged a claim, I got quotes for the repair and have sent AAMI all the requested documents but now they just won't answer my emails anymore and it's literally impossible to get hold of them on the phone. I spend hours on the phone waiting but all I hear is "your call will be answered by the first available operator".
Disgraceful service.
It has been months and my fence is still badly damaged.
Martin B.

Eventually I got all my money from Ammi but it took a lot of nerves.

Arcade C.
C B.2 posts
Rami
Rami2 posts

Policy price

Pls look for another option they are way too expensive i been with them nearly 11 years no claim they put insurance nearly 700 up now they saying ur are driving in peak hour
jake
jakeIllawarra, NSW43 posts

Greedy business model

I've been with AAMI for over 10yrs and never had a claim.
They are always putting the premium up and dropping the value of the car but this year takes the cake!
Value reduced by 20% and premium increased by 27%.
The value of the car is about $20,000 short of it's real value to begin with and you then go and up the premium by 27%!!!
I will be finding a new insurer this year.
Alex C.
Alex C.5 posts
David
David
Tristan
TristanMelbourne23 posts
  Comprehensive

Had to go to QCAT and AFCA to get my claim paid which they paid after like 6-8 weeks

Avoiding complying with policy. Fraudulent company. Eventually coughed up the cash.
AdelaideGuy
AdelaideGuyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

Unlucky I'm with AAMI

If you have not had to make a claim, cancel your policy with AAMI now and find an insurer that provides some service. AAMI is fine if you don't need to claim but as soon as you do you will be without your car for months waiting for repairs as they only have 1 approved repairer in Adelaide. The approved repairer is no good, had to take the car back twice after the initial repair and the work was still not great with the panels not lining up properly. They also didn’t reconnect the lights back up so I had to do it myself.
Steven Gurton
Steven GurtonMid North Coast, NSW20 posts
  Comprehensive

Absolutely useless insurance business!!

Been with AAMI for years. Been a very loyal customer with a great driving record. Unfortunately I suffered an accident this year where I sadly hit a kangaroo. I had ticked within my insurance for a hire car to be inclusive. Apparently - they told (very rudely by the way) that I was a fault, can't get money out of a dead kangaroo so you're NOT covered for a hire car?? Funny when I'd ticked + wasn't at fault. Goes to say why I'm NOT with AAMI any more + would NEVER recommend them to anyone. Typical loop holing insurance screwing loyal customers out of their money. DO NOT TRUST THEM!!! If I could give them a negative rating - I would

Tony M
Tony MSouth East Queensland, QLD23 posts
  Comprehensive

Slow as a wet week paying out

My father’s car was written off due to an accident, (he was not at fault) now 4 weeks on still waiting for the payout, which is in contrast to what AAMI advertise. Woeful service and not how you treat a long time loyal customer.
CBOU
CBOUGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
  Comprehensive

Make sure the value of your car is correct

I had an agreed value which was $5000 but market value of my car was $13,000. I was an AAMI customer for 10 years. I had a minor accident but put my car written off as was old. Refused to review that the car is worth more and legally agreed value is NEVER under market value. No compassion despite being a single mum under huge stress. I will never ever insure with them.
Young F.