AAMI Car Insurance - Comprehensive

See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AAMI

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (18)
    • 1-2 weeks (11)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (34) · No (0)

Tia is an excellent customer service representative

Tia was very helpful and professional with assisting me with my inquiry which made the whole process
easy to work with i would recommend ammi to anyone who is seeking a reliable car insurance

Lindsay A
Lindsay ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant Service

Belinda
BelindaHobart, TAS

Always Friendly and Helpful team

I would like to say a Big Thank you to All the team members i hav been dealing with over the past week. Especially [Names Removed]. I hav been with Aami for few years now. No complaints. My policy is Good Value and fair. [Name Removed] are always professional and quick to sort out claims.

Wiser now
Wiser nowCanberra 2600, ACT

Fast, efficient, friendly service

Like many other reviewers, I have been concerned about premium increases which seem to unfairly penalise faithful customers.
But all that is forgotten with a recent claim. It took 10 days from accident to having a new car in our garage. At all times I felt this insurance company actually cared about looking after me, and as quickly as possible. Based on this experience, I'll be transferring insurance on another car back to AAMI, and if that costs extra then I'll deem it worthwhile.

LadyOfThree
LadyOfThreeQLD, 4570

I really love AAMI.

Punky
Punky

Not the cheapest but don't try to delay claims or repairs

Isobel S
Isobel S

So happy with them

I have made 2 not-at-fault claims through AAMI and they have been incredible! Organised everything from tow trucks to taxis whilst on the phone to them. So kind and helpful. Very happy I paid for the hire car on my policy as I do feel that has been worth it.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

HangrySaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A 100% recommended insurer

Cass
CassPerth, WA

I actually do feel lucky.

I was involved in an accident where I wasn't at fault. Staff were really kind, caring and helpful. Car is a write off as its not worth much. Less than a week since the accident and the funds for my car are already in my account. I will be taking out a policy with AAMI for the next car I buy. I couldn't fault them. I am really happy with the service.

Good Experience

Have 2 comprehensive vehicle insurance policies with AAMI, made a claim this year for minor damage caused by another vehicle whose details i had. I found the claim process quick and painless l did refuse to accept their 1st preference repairer and was escalated to a manager where i argued for another repairer l was familiar with for good work who was also a registered AAMI repairer but not promoted by AAMI. I had a hire car arranged and taxi to/from repairer. Based on my experience and I'm not someone who tolerates bad service I couldn't fault my experience and would recommend.
Only downside is their premiums increase by double digit % annually however if you call their c/s agent does have authority to reduce by 3%-5%.

AngelitoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy and no red tapes regarding claims

I would like to thank this insurance for their excellent customer service and of course for processing my claims so quickly. I took me only few minutes to claim for my car repair and booked me in straight away for repair. I’m very happy that I decided to insured my car with AAMI. So for those looking for good insurance, this insurance is highly recommended. A+++

Josh wineti
Josh wineti

I have been with AAMI for the last 5 or 6 years, could be more. Always very helpful and great on roadside assistance. When I lodged claims they take all the pressure off. Even through these toughs times gave me a great deal and discount, being off work. Much appreciated.

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Ozdog
OzdogGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Insurance

I am currently an AAMI customer that is looking for new car insurance as my premiums have gone up a lot. However while on this website I have seen a lot of 1 star reviews and that does not reflect my time with AAMI. We have made three claims with AAMI over 10 years and each time they have been AWESOME. Flood damage ruined one car and they paid out within 3 days. A tree branch damage a car but no problems getting it fixed. If I do leave it is on price alone.

NATASHA
NATASHAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent customer service

Fantastic customer service, negotiated policy pricing to my advantage. The lady was so considerate and kind with my dealings. Been with Aami for a very long time and never been let down.

What a relief . Thanks Aami and Ann Whittaker.

My family was impacted by covid 19 disaster as lost jobs were stressful.
Thanks to Aami for 3 month waiver help plus Woolworths voucher was extremely helpful.
Special thanks to Ann Whittaker for kind support and sympathy over the phone .
Given review even on Mozzo too as they deserved.

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Wendy0707
Wendy0707asked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensive
UnderwriterAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional Extra
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional Extra
Choice of RepairerNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled
Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)
Towing Costs Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled
Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incident
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Lock and Key ReplacementNot Included
Transit Cover Not Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $500 per claim
New-for-old Car Replacement

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not Applicable