How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• <1 week (14)
    • 1-2 weeks (9)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (28) · No (0)
Jainesh

JaineshSydney

Awesome helpful

Great staff , always helpful and willing to go that extra mile to make sure your happy
Wouldn’t change .

Shizza

ShizzaCharlestown

Good service, pay claims promptly

I've made several claims over the years.
AAMI service is good when dropping the car off for assessment.
The repairs they arrange are good quality with a life time guarantee.

Chris

ChrisNSW, 2000

4 years in, still competitive on cover and pricing

Easy to reach in time of need, great online facilities, friendly onshore staff, for something I would rarely rave about. Guess I can touch wood I haven't needed to claim yet, but I've moved, changed cover, cars, and it has always been easy as, with friendly people on the phone. Surprisingly, my favourite feature is the fact I can set a agreed value for the car, which is what I'd be entitled to if it's a write off. Most other insurers "set" the agreed value so its hardly agreed... Thanks AAMI!

AAMI - Perfect Service Provide

I have been with AAMI for the last four years and this is the best choice I have made.
Their customer service is great, staff are always friendly and helpful.
I have submitted my claim at around midday the next morning I have received call and my car was booked in for repairs - HOW GOOD IS THAT NOT MANY INSURANCE COMPANIES OFFER THE SAME SERVICE
My car was repaired within three days and perfect job was done.
Thank you AAMI for perfect customer service
Definitely recommend AAMI
I have all my Insurances with AMMI each claim I made never had a problem

Great customer service

Not even with AAMI but had a great experience. Had a not at fault motorbike accident about 2 weeks ago. Called AAMI after I was given the claim number from the other party as I didn't have comprehensive. Bike was picked up and sent to the mechanic, rental car sorted out and gear reimbursed all within a week of the accident. Motorbike ended up being written off :( but in the process of being paid the value now. After I purchase a new bike, I'm changing my insurer to AAMI regardless of price just because of the efficient and excellent service. Will definitely recommend AAMI to my friends and family.

Kim

Kim

Super impressed with AAMI Car Claim

I've only been with AAMI a few years but I had switched to them for my car insurance about two months prior to my first claim. It was a claim that wasn't my fault and the driver drove off, but someone had taken photos. The damage was fixed incredibly quickly, no dramas, no excess because I wasn't at fault (thank goodness because it was Christmas 2017).

SMaB

SMaBMelbourne

Excellent service - highly recommend

amazing customer service

I had to follow up something on my policy after being credited $125 and wondering what on earth for, I spoke to a lovely lady called Jade, who checked all my policies fixed up everything super fast while I was on the phone, I have had one claim with them that was so extremely stress free, I am so glad I have all 4 of my policies with them and will continue to do so for as long as I have a car and bike.

Insurance claim madeYes

Great service on car claim

I had to recently submit AAMI car insurance claim for minor incident. Was very impressed with service and fast turn around. Everything was organised in a single phone call. Car was repaired faster than expected with regular updates on progress.
Well done and thank you.

Great customer service

Changed our insurance details and had a customer service lady named Emily Ireland who was extremely helpful and very pleasant .

Excellent Customer Service!!!

I've been with AAMI few years now and was always happy, but yesterday, the ladies at the call centre, they literally went far and beyond. All 3 ladies (Lauren, Chloe and Di) were not only extremely poslite and helpful, but also clear and prompt in their replies on any matter. I really wanna thank them again for doing their job at the best of their abilities and with so much kindness.

Micky O

Micky OGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Been with AAMI for years and no complaints!

Straw610

Straw610Perth, WA

Great value for money and super easy claim!

I have been with AAMI for both my cars for many years. Had two accident so far, first not at fault and car was written off, second was at fault and front bumper was damaged. Both claims were very quick and easy to process. Assessment was done within 1-2 business days. We were picked up and dropped off by the repairer.
First one payout came through within around two weeks. Second one bumper was repaired within a week of the accident.
The consultant on the phone handling my claim was friendly, helpful, non judgemental.
I'm happy with AAMI and would definitely recommend.

Insurance claim madeYes

Despite all bad reviews, my claim was easy with no problems at all.

Hit a roo Sunday night. Made a claim on the same day pay excess and book a repairer everything done on line. Had to call AAMI only twice first to book a hire car that is included in my policy and second time for extension period on the hire car.

Competitive price

I have inquired to almost all car insurance providers and AAMI gave me the best price with better package compared to other providers. Policy is very easy to set up and the customer support is very helpful.

David

DavidMelbourne

Windscreen Repaired

I rang AAMI on a Sunday to organise a windscreen repair. Luckily, I had windscreen insurance. I was on the phone for 8 minutes, booked in my repair for the next day, fixed within 24 hours. Very happy with my claim and the speedy service - highly recommended.

John hoson

John hosonwerribee

Believe in this company AAMI

My son is with AAMI car insurance And l will be soon we got a taxi to the hire car and back to the repairs no hassle dealing with them on the phone l cannot beleave the service you cannot go past AAMI for your car insurance regards John Hobson of Werribee thanks AAMI great service

I was lucky with AAMI

Both cars was written off, very quick service for me and the other driver.
Paid agreed value in very little time and paperwork also very quickly processed and sent.
Online guide not that good though, I rang AmmI and everything was processed straight away.
Im sticking with AAMI.

pradz80

pradz80Melbourne

Happy with them since I got my P’s

I’ve never had problems dealing with AAMI when I made claims on my car insurance. When my car got stolen they provided great service and a hire car (as I had purchased that option). Only negative was that when I bought a new car I was surprised that my premium jumped $700. However I negotiated with them and they reduced my premium significantly which was great. I suspected they didn’t want to lose me as a customer. Staff have always been helpful and understanding in my experience.

Momo

Momo

Had accident before christmas car written off 7 days later insurance payout finalised not one problem friendly helpful professional service could not fault .very happy with aami.i will always recommend aami to everyone

ChittyD

ChittyDasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Wendy0707

Wendy0707asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito
Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Jase J.

Jase J.asked

Car Insurance

Why is my claim review taking so long I am homless and live out the car I suffer a neurological disease that causes me to stutter AAMI thought they put the call on hold but took it off for me to hear them picking on my stutter saying nnnnooooo moooonnnnneeeyyyy fffffooooorrrrr hhhhimmmm I have contacted 2gb and am contacting channel 9 I just wanted to hurt myself after hearing the mocking and have only just been released from hospital

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage