Listing monitored by AAMI

• 1-2 weeks (26)
    • 2-4 weeks (25)
    • 1-2 months (32)
    • 3+ months (46)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (102) · No (46)

Yanara
YanaraSydney, NSW

The worst insurance company

I was insured with AAMI about 4 months. I got an email saying my policy has been canceled due to an overdue payment that somehow wasn’t debited from my bank account over a month. I’ve read many reviews here and people are getting the same problem. Never received any bill not even a call from anyone from AAMI. I called them and was informed that I had to start another policy and the price would be higher. You guys don’t give a damn to your costumers. You guys think that canceling people’s policy is gonna make them get another policy, you wrong! I feel I’ve been robbed over these 04 months of insurance! I decided to don’t getting another policy, I’m getting from someone else. Take care.

MDC
MDCSouthwest, VIC

Pathetic

alex c.
alex c.Victoria

Disappointed with their service

We bought 3 policies with AAMI,but so far I couldn't access to the AAMI club and everyday saving account,communicated with them quite a few times,email not responsed,the problem is there,very disappointed with their services

Brendan
BrendanQueensland

Do not get roadside assist if so go with RACQ

They don't offer roadside assist even though I payed the extra . I'm ropable . Pay the extra and go with RACQ. I've learnt a valuable lesson. Lucky my missus had RACQ they sent out roadside assistance for breakdown then towed us 140km home unlike AAMI who were only going to tow us 20km or to the nearest mechanic. I know darned well who I'll pick for my insurer next time and it won't be AAMI. Rip off merchants and fraudsters saying they do roadside assist . What a joke!!!! If I could get a refund I'd go with RACQ . (For Qld customers). POLICY MEANS NOTHING.

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

Still have to pay insurance policy even when car written off

Car insured with AAMI for 5 years. Car in accident and written off. When accessing the claim amount they deducted the remaining 4 months insurance for a car that doesn't exist. Are you serious. Sure charge a cancellation fee but don't charge all the remaining insurance for a car that is gone to the Car Gods.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Max B.
Max B.South East Queensland, QLD

AAMI do not honour their PDS

AAMI have denied my insurance claim based on an irrelevant exclusion in their PDS. According to AAMI, they do not cover a stolen car claim if the car was for sale at the time it was stolen! This is contrary to their PDS (which logically excludes cover AFTER the car has been sold) and should go as a fair warning to anyone considering AAMI as an insurer. They have been slow to acknowledge and process the clam and continue to draw it out as long as possible. I am now being forced to go to AFCA for a fair outcome.

Good Experience

Have 2 comprehensive vehicle insurance policies with AAMI, made a claim this year for minor damage caused by another vehicle whose details i had. I found the claim process quick and painless l did refuse to accept their 1st preference repairer and was escalated to a manager where i argued for another repairer l was familiar with for good work who was also a registered AAMI repairer but not promoted by AAMI. I had a hire car arranged and taxi to/from repairer. Based on my experience and I'm not someone who tolerates bad service I couldn't fault my experience and would recommend.
Only downside is their premiums increase by double digit % annually however if you call their c/s agent does have authority to reduce by 3%-5%.

Bej
Bejbrisbane

AAMI does not

No value for money ,they have worked hard not to help.AAMI like to hide key information in the back pages. I do not trust them and will not use them again.

Courtney
CourtneyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Aami Left us for Dead! Zero care for human beings.

Stephanie
StephanieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't believe I did not cancel them the first time.

Charlie N.
Charlie N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible services

I bought a new policy over the phone and the women made not one but two mistakes. She entered my email wrong so I couldn't receive my documents so I have to call them again. She also entered my DOB wrong, I said 1992 but she entered 1982, I could not understand how the 9 sounds to be 8??? And then I have to pay $40 to just change my DOB on the policy which I only receive after I made a payment, they refuse to send a quote before I made a payment over the phone. Another woman called Stephanie just explained to me she listened to the call from her side couple of times and she confirmed I said 8, not 9, and refuse to let me hear the call. Such ridiculous. I will change to another provider after my policy expires with AAMI>

V Kim
V KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience Ive ever had

The service I received and the entire duration of the claim was so bad I ended up selling my car, I couldnt stand it any more because they ruined it.
I was rear ended in sep 2019 and it took them 6 months to get my car repaired and back to me in a safe, drive-able condition. They were horrid to deal with and I went through about 6 different people during my claim.

shamsuddin
shamsuddinCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

poor and lazy service

very terrible and poor service of aami car insurance.. My care was stolen two month ago..... still claim has not resolved yet. I dont know what they want to prove. I have been suffering without a car. but they dont have feeling of any suffering ..
whenever i called them , they have only one answer.. the claim in in process with the investigation. although, they have debited basic premium on the 1st day of claim...

poor service ..

Corner cutting repairs (WHISTLEBLOWER INFO)

Claudia Morgan
Claudia MorganSydney, NSW

Not lucky to be with AAMI

D smitty
D smittySouth East Queensland, QLD

Muckup on their end this time.

Been with AAMI for 7 months now, never had an issue with my payments. There's always been money in the bank, for them to deduct the payments automatically. Wokeup this morning to an email, the payments been declined for insufficient funds LOL. Checked my bank money still in it, so had to manually process the payment through. If it wasn't AAMI fault, then I apologize. Only leaves one culprit then, Westpacs been messing around with my pennies ...tsk tsk tsk.

Hosan
HosanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not repairing my car,it’s more than 3 weeks,no more longer better service,go somewhere else,0422283475

Not repairing my car,paid access already,will complain relevant authorities,for unfair trading,I will also complain to disputes resolution team,then court remedies,may be they refuse 50% claim,that’s there profit,there advertising and product description not matching

Kamal Sharma
Kamal SharmaSydney, NSW

Worst Service ever.

Don't go for it. Its a scam. Only taking your money for apologies no Service ever. Worst customer Service n worst Assistance. Worst worst Service ever. Customer Service dosen't have any solution

You don't get what you pay for.

I have been with AAMI for 8 years and their staff are all very sympathetic and friendly but you get passed from one operator to the next who often tell you that it is not their department. Most correspondence is verbal (even though I asked for it in writing, so there could be no confusion). My car was written off at no fault of my own and I am still greatly out of pocket. I will not be insuring with them again.

Kathleen S.
Kathleen S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

SEXIST PREMIUM If you remove a man from your policy your premium GOES UP!

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE USELESS

Terrible staff. They all tell you something different and only half of the information took them three days to email me about payment, never got email reset link, and they upped my payment to monthly without informing me and gave me a final notice even though my contract says 14 days from first declined payment. Oh and the money for the fortnightly payment has been in the account since the due date? USELESS.

Izzyiz
Izzyiz
Doug NTownsville

Unbelievable experience. Absolutely disgraceful and shonky.

gadget709765
gadget709765sydney

Always having website errors when getting car quotes and also had a bad experience 10 years ago. Would NOT recommend

Fiona
FionaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Expensive Cost

Decided to review my car insurance to save money during COVID hard times. Aami insured my car for $1300 per year for agreed value $2600. Got insured with some else for $860 including windscreen repair, free car hire and road side assist and my car value went up to $6000 ! My elderly parents asked for a discount from Aami and all they got was $90 discount but they had the cheek to increase the excess by the same amount so infact NO discount. Disappointed that they treat customers like this. I will be getting them to change insurance companies too.
My advise is to not be complacent with what you are charged- search the internet for a better deal.

Angelito
AngelitoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy and no red tapes regarding claims

I would like to thank this insurance for their excellent customer service and of course for processing my claims so quickly. I took me only few minutes to claim for my car repair and booked me in straight away for repair. I’m very happy that I decided to insured my car with AAMI. So for those looking for good insurance, this insurance is highly recommended. A+++

Trayayasked
Car Insurance

Why AAMI has my comprehensive car insurance increased by more than $140 dollars since last year from $343.40 to $487.84 for this renewal??????? I haven't paid it yet and feel inclined not to. That is a ridiculous increase!!!

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Trayay, thanks for reaching out. As this is a third party review site, we can't assist with policies through here. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth for ID, or give us a call on 13 22 44. Our team is available 8am-10pm AEST every day.

Cindy Rice
Cindy Riceasked
Car Insurance

My pH no is [Number Removed], My name is Cindy Rice and am a AMMI member, I need roadside assist now rego [Number Removed], Can someone come to Woodlark st Lismore NSW CNR of Mary G's hotel, my address as a customer is [Address Removed], plz can you call me asap

Nik_41
Nik_41

Cindy you really shouldn’t put your personal information on the internet. They are not going to come to you from this message, it is a review site.

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear you're having car trouble. We're unable to provide service through here as it is a third party review site. Please give our Roadside Assist team a call on 1800 154 810 and they'll be able to send someone out for you.

Please delete this post, as it contains your personal details. In order to keep your details secure, please do not ever post them publicly, or in private messages unless requested directly from a trusted source. - M

Trayay

Customer Service .. please call her to advise!! Show some decent customer service! She sounds stressed!

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage