How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• Claim ApprovedYes (95) · No

M821

M821AU

Oh, AAMI Bad!

had an accident but wasn't my fault, Aami insist send it to Capital Smart at Botany and there go the nightmare. send car in for assessed so they could order the part need but was told " we only order part in when the car is in, what if your car get stolen after we ordered the parts?" end up delayed pick up the car due to parts wasn't ready.....Aami Can't do attitude doesn't help at all either, was promised a call back but never get it and even speak to the supervisor is pointless, 50 mins on the line with them end up nothing!!!

AAMI are hopeless

If your after an insurance company that will not help you when you have a claim AAMI is the way to go.
That are frustratingly slow and after your 3 or fourth hour on the phone you may begin to think your time is more valuable that the claim. Don't matter how cheap they are if they don't help they are no use

Kerrilyn

KerrilynCentral Queensland, QLD

Not the Cheapest but definitely the easiest , Australian speaking, efficient to deal with

Have several policies and have just renewed all...had a couple of non-fault claims on eldest daughter's car. AAMI took control, organised absolutely everything, notified all parties of every step along the way, resolved incredibly fast...super impressed!

Ellie L.

Ellie L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Roadside assistance Quick and professional !!!

My car had a puncture last night. I called Aami and was told it could take up to 60 minutes. It only took 20 for Nick to arrive. He was so helpful and friendly.
The whole thing from my call took 35 minutes.
Thanks to Nick. He is in Melbourne.
Fantastic, Fast service and free as part of my policy. Thanks Aami you made my night !!!

lucky I am with AAMI

I had couple of things happening, with AAMI felt well look after, secure,and fully protected.
l was lucky to have AAMI, their employees are amazing they help you all way through.
l had my property insured with them, and now l am bringing forward my cars l am not happy with service from other insurers.

Neno

NenoSydney, NSW

Terrible service terrible insurer

29 days to get me an answer as to what is happening with my car..
Terrible car hire no communication with car hire place..
Car hire threatning to charge me for car hire will be changing insured asap..
Still waiting on when I will get my car back and what state I will get it back in..
AMMI took my car from repairer to repairer around Sydney until they could find someone who is willing to fix it.. which tells me that the car should have been written off...
Even though the accident was not my fault and they would have gotten all there money back from the other insurer..
I say very unlucky to be with AMMI teribble terrible terrible..

Milenaemma

MilenaemmaMelbourne, Victoria

good, reliable insurance company

we are with AAMI many years (7?)
we insure all with them. Last car accident showed how diligent they are. Call-orginised the car repar-orginise car transporting-free taxi;
they or their repair company inform us in every stage.

Viktor

ViktorSydney, NSW

Good value

I've been with this insurance for 3 years. Had to claim a small accident with another driver at fault. AAMI organized everything for me (repair, taxi) within one week. Happy to continue being with AAMI

Steve P.

Steve P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not Lucky to be with AAMI

Craig G.

Craig G.South East Queensland, QLD

Would have been a great experience if not for smart alec condescending staff

alyson walker

alyson walkerPerth, WA

poor customer service

irritated36

irritated36melbourne

Hopeless, one screw up after another, dodgy repairers as well.

JJ McNerd

JJ McNerdGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Claims process is terrible

Thankfully I am covered but the claims process is more painful than the accident itself.
Getting into an accident is stressful enough - but having to then deal with their claims department is just icing on the cake.
They expect that someone who has had 3 accidents in 20 years should know what to do in the heat of the moment... I rang them on the spot and was told I was in the queue and the wait time was 40 minutes.
Did what I could but apparently didn't do it right so they made me pay an excess even though I was not at fault.
AAMI are terrible.

Kylie

KylieSydney, NSW

Don’t Insure with Aami

James B.

James B.Sydney, NSW

Poor service

Have had house and car with AAMI for many years and good past experience so was surprised when submitting claim last week. Claim consultant had very poor English and had to repeat myself several times and spell out simple words. Car has simple underbody damage to engine part which local non AAMI repairer could fix in 24 hours. AAMI took car to panel shop when told no panel damage where it has remained for a week without even being looked at. When called AAMI said that’s our process and could be three weeks after quote for repairs. Not good enough. Previously aami had prompt and efficient service now it’s rubbish.

Dan

Dan

Once a great insurer now the bottom of the heap!

Happy Home

Happy HomeSydney, NSW

Happy with AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance

I have had AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance on my Kia Rio since I bought it in 2012 and have been happy with their willingness to give me a discount for being a good driver. My previous car was written off in an accident and they paid it all back to me so was happy with that. Their phone staff have always been helpful with me so I've been happy with that.

Frank M

Frank MMelbourne

Completed disappointed

Completely disappointed with my car insurance claim. We were not at fault. The claims people just said if we came out to a large street from a small street you are autocratically at fault. So you expect us to to never come out of a small street?
Don’t expect us to use AAMI ever again and will recommend anyone against this company who asks. Happy to move to another insurance company and even pay more to not deal with these people. Lucky I won’t be with AAMI.

Very happy with aami car insurance

Have had aami insurance for over twelve years and have had two family cars written off in this time and they have been great with follow up each time. Highly recommend.

Jag

JagMelbourne

Hide main things when you sign up

I was involved in an accident and the car was written off. They rang me and said that we are going to give you the agreed value. But we will be deducting the remaining premium money in my case 7 months worth of insurance premium. Also that wasn't end so they also claimed left over registration on car which is 11 months.
So in the end i paid total of 1800 including the excess.
No one told me all this until something happened.

Ripping people of by hiding the truth and what they will sign you up with.

ChittyD

ChittyDasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Wendy0707

Wendy0707asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito
Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Jase J.

Jase J.asked

Car Insurance

Why is my claim review taking so long I am homless and live out the car I suffer a neurological disease that causes me to stutter AAMI thought they put the call on hold but took it off for me to hear them picking on my stutter saying nnnnooooo moooonnnnneeeyyyy fffffooooorrrrr hhhhimmmm I have contacted 2gb and am contacting channel 9 I just wanted to hurt myself after hearing the mocking and have only just been released from hospital

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage