Listing monitored by AAMI

• 1-2 weeks (22)
    • 2-4 weeks (23)
    • 1-2 months (31)
    • 3+ months (43)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (93) · No (44)

Scott R.
Scott R.Sydney, NSW

Stay Far Far Away from AAMI!

I had to deal with AAMI as a result of one of their insured drivers crashing into me (other driver at fault). AAAMI were completely uncompassionate, dishonest, fraudulent, bullying, time wasting and generally terrible to deal with for even the smallest matters. I would never insure with AAMI, not recommend anyone else does.

My opinion here seems to be in line with everyone else that has had to deal with them too!

STAY AWAY FROM AAMI!!

Reena
ReenaHunter Region, NSW

Road side assistance is very poor

Had flat tyre... in the main road. Had to wait from 12midday to 4pm. In between staff came 1km near the location, and dropped his job due to his impatience and aggressive behaviour. Was very rude towards the customer for not telling the correct address. Please recruit staff who have qualities of patience, empathy, politeness , atleast with good listening skills. Very disappointed with the service. All customer service on phone was excellent.

Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi there, this is disappointing to hear. I'd like to arrange for someone to look into this for you. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth, and we'll reach out to the Roadside Assist team to investigate.

Nik_41South East Queensland, QLD

Clearly AAMI aren’t after business!

I called and sent a live chat and customer service is terrible.AAMI must be making a tonne of money as they’re not interested in getting business! I was a customer for 17 years and have just returned from 2.5 years in London and they won’t honour any of the no claim bonus etc that I had before I left. Customer service was pretty much like ‘too bad’…I’ll take my business elsewhere and you can keep your attitude!

scotiwi
scotiwiAU

Worst Customer Service EVER, errors at every turn

Not-at-fault claim, errors at every turn and honestly the WORST customer service I have ever encountered. As a last straw I rang their 'customer relations' phone number however, that goes through to an automated voicemail without even a human greeting to let you know you have called the right place - this really added to an already abhorrent experience. When I raised this as a possible PR fail, they applied the same lack lustre care factor as actually sending my vehicle to the correct repairer and getting it fixed. The whole ordeal has been SO unpleasant that after 20 years of insuring with the Suncorp Group we will be taking every single policy we have away from them.

Alrian
AlrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unbelievably BAD Customer service after being a customer for SO MANY years

I rang to review my Annual car insurance premium as I do every year but this year I was SO DISAPPOINTED as AAMI are not at all interested in keeping me as a customer. Every year they have tweaked my premium and I have renewed my policy but NOT this year. I have NEVER claimed on my car insurance and I have my house and contents insurance with them also (I imagine that it will be the last year). AAMI are NOT interested in customer service or rewarding drivers who do not claim. They are at least $200 more than other reputable insurance companies.
I even spoke to a manager but she was also very disinterested in providing any customer service.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers

Terrible roadside assist and customer service

AAMI does NOT reward loyal customer

Been with AAMI for MORE THAN 10 years(diamond whatever level they called it). Yet a newbie is still getting better deal. Lol. What's the use of being a loyal customer?

Andrea
AndreaSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst insurance. Keep away

I had an accident (not my fault) a driver hit me from behind, I contacted Aami and gave the personal details of the other driver. Aami never contacted the driver, not even his insurance, he did not give me information about my car, even when I called the information was very lack and it seemed that they did not know they had my car. Finally, 3 weeks after I left my car, they called me just to tell me that they declared my car as worv (but after I realize they declare like that my car one week before that they call me) since the price to fix it according to them was more than 6000 dollars when quotes from mechanics I asked are not more than 2000 dollars.
The aim of insurance is to help you not give you more headaches.

Other Car Insurance

A very bad insurance company

Providing misinformation

I bought comprehensive insurance with roadside assistance two weeks ago. I received 3 weeks to pay my policy.
Anyway, when I ask about roadside assistance AMMI says roadside policy activate after payment has made and claiming is stated in PDA.
Also, give me a lecture about customer responsibility for reading every letter of PDA.

When I ask them to refer the PDA not able to point any condition (spending 20 min on the phone).
The service representative was rude and not apologising giving miss information either.

Then talk to the supervisor, she gave me a lecture it is common knowledge and frequently ask question without referring to correct place in PDS.

Adrian A.
Adrian A.Sydney, NSW

The worst insurance company ever!!! ZERO STAR!

Very rude customer service

Mine 3 insurances are with AAMI. Called this morning for a query. Answer was very rude and when I remind her that I am a customer and have full rights for the query. No apologies only tone bit a bit normal

Job Satisfaction

Lack of transparency

Was involved in a no fault accident, car was deemed by AAMI to be a write off. Enquired if I can get my registration money back, and they responded saying that it is a Queensland transport law that the insurance will take the registration money. Went to Queensland transportation department to enquire, they said there is no such policy, and they managed to refund the car rego as it has not been transferred yet.

0 STAR. 0 STAR

Very bad service, and no one give a crap about you and your service. All the call centre is whole joke. And no one can do something you required. No one cares. If you want insurance. Go somewhere else

Lynette gray
Lynette gray Sydney, NSW

Worst claims service

It has taken 6 weeks to try and resolve our small claim. It has taken their preferred repairer a month to get his quote to AAMI. No one will assist us you talk to a different person in their call centre every time. Still no resolution just a load full of stress and nobody cares. We will now be cancelling our three policies and going elsewhere. Don’t believe their advertising it’s a load of rubbish AAMI don’t care about their customers pay the premium and you are on your own at claim time

Trayayasked
Car Insurance

Why AAMI has my comprehensive car insurance increased by more than $140 dollars since last year from $343.40 to $487.84 for this renewal??????? I haven't paid it yet and feel inclined not to. That is a ridiculous increase!!!

Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Trayay, thanks for reaching out. As this is a third party review site, we can't assist with policies through here. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth for ID, or give us a call on 13 22 44. Our team is available 8am-10pm AEST every day.

Cindy Rice
Cindy Riceasked
Car Insurance

My pH no is 0477759030, My name is Cindy Rice and am a AMMI member, I need roadside assist now rego BHH. 51Y, Can someone come to Woodlark st Lismore NSW CNR of Mary G's hotel, my address as a customer is 3/9 Cornwall Place Wollongbar 2477, plz can you call me asap

Nik_41

Cindy you really shouldn’t put your personal information on the internet. They are not going to come to you from this message, it is a review site.

Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear you're having car trouble. We're unable to provide service through here as it is a third party review site. Please give our Roadside Assist team a call on 1800 154 810 and they'll be able to send someone out for you.

Please delete this post, as it contains your personal details. In order to keep your details secure, please do not ever post them publicly, or in private messages unless requested directly from a trusted source. - M

Trayay

Customer Service .. please call her to advise!! Show some decent customer service! She sounds stressed!

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage