Listing monitored by AAMI

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
D smitty
D smittySouth East Queensland, QLD

Muckup on their end this time.

Been with AAMI for 7 months now, never had an issue with my payments. There's always been money in the bank, for them to deduct the payments automatically. Wokeup this morning to an email, the payments been declined for insufficient funds LOL. Checked my bank money still in it, so had to manually process the payment through. If it wasn't AAMI fault, then I apologize. Only leaves one culprit then, Westpacs been messing around with my pennies ...tsk tsk tsk.

Phil Hicks
Phil HicksGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

5 stars for the person in Melbourne 1 star for the call taker in the phillipines

Always been with AAMI and they are great. They are competitive on price for long term customers HOWEVER. They Now have call takers in the Philippines I almost left them because of this. They are hard to understand and even thought they try they can't trully empathise with a fire that has consumed my fence.

Micky22Melbourne

Disappointing resolution of their error.

Micky22

Update: went with Budgetdirect which saved me almost $500.
Went through fine print on both contracts and the cover is very similar and completely adequate. Now looking at shifting home and contents insurance from AAMI to Budgetdirect.

Artin
ArtinMelbourne

Not very happy with the chosen repairers

LadyBree
LadyBree

Could be better

EDIT! I think all the insurance companies are much the same. Make sure if you get Comprehensive Car Insurance with AAMI you buy the unlimited (it is 21 days at most though) hire car, it could save your butt. They could be better with communication, some of their phone operators need to learn how to read files properly (more training), they need to call you back if they accidentally hang up on you after leaving you on hold for 30 minutes. The "free taxi" service they offer actually involves you paying for the taxi and them reimbursing you, which seemed more trouble than it was worth.

There are probably worse insurance companies tbh. Would be nice if they all improved their service considering how much money they make off us.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
ILOW
ILOWPerth, WA

Does NOT offer vehicle towing

Bought AAMI roadside assist along with the insurance. They were the most affordable I could find, but one day my car was bogged in sand and I called roadside assist, and they said they don't do bogs. They do flat batteries, flat tyres, but not bogs. I had to call RAC and sign up with their roadside assist to get unbogged. I'm going RAC in the future.

Amylase
AmylaseMelbourne

Have no branch, hard to contact.

Initially the policy was good value for money and used to go into the branch to pay and talk about the policy, ever since branch closed down, hard to contact people over the phone about claims and policy changes. wait for ages and sometimes not even helpful.

Now fixed!

Had issues with being told vastly different things by different people. Did respond to concerns and now all is fixed.
Need clear information about time scales at the time claims are made.

cmo
cmoAU

Three Claims

I made a few claims (kangaroos) and had no real dramas. Would have been nice if they'd rolled the first two into one as the car hadn't been repaired yet and I hit the second roo in exactly the same part of the car two weeks later.

Customer Service/roadside assist

Roadside assist is useless, was with ammi for 2.5 years not a single claim and they increasing monthly policy. Don't care about customers poor customer service. Charging 30$ for cancelling whereas my insurance expiring withing 15 days.

Dan
DanNorthcote

Had two claims since this year of 2016 at not fault by me

expattrSydney Surrounds, NSW

average

I made my claim over the phone , they switched to operator within one minute.
Operator was not rude,answered all of my questions. At first time, I arranged a report . At the second time, I arranged claim and rental car as my policy covers rental car.

I hope the remaining part of my process proceeds as smoothly as it can.

May 13th 2016 Update:
Today, I bring my car to capital smart.inspector, receptionist were friendly, it took me 10 minute to finish assessment
As I have car rental provision, they arranged me taxi . There is no problem at all.Aami provide me good service up to now.

MtheMan
MtheManMosman

Online Policy renewal loses no claim bonus and driver status

lisa
lisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

it always needs a push

Everyone I think how this company works is to push HARD, bargain HARD, TRY VERY HARD

I have been an aami customer for years and had 2 claims, 1st one was an easy one as I was under the 3rd party policy

2nd one under full insurance, car got stolen, need to call them like EVERYDAY to PUSH the process. At the end I got paid out and haven't been waiting for long. It was all about PUSHING I think, without the work I couldn't got solved that quick.

Other Car Insurance

Give credit where its due

Trayayasked
Car Insurance

Why AAMI has my comprehensive car insurance increased by more than $140 dollars since last year from $343.40 to $487.84 for this renewal??????? I haven't paid it yet and feel inclined not to. That is a ridiculous increase!!!

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Trayay, thanks for reaching out. As this is a third party review site, we can't assist with policies through here. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth for ID, or give us a call on 13 22 44. Our team is available 8am-10pm AEST every day.

Cindy Rice
Cindy Riceasked
Car Insurance

My pH no is [Number Removed], My name is Cindy Rice and am a AMMI member, I need roadside assist now rego [Number Removed], Can someone come to Woodlark st Lismore NSW CNR of Mary G's hotel, my address as a customer is [Address Removed], plz can you call me asap

Nik_41
Nik_41

Cindy you really shouldn’t put your personal information on the internet. They are not going to come to you from this message, it is a review site.

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear you're having car trouble. We're unable to provide service through here as it is a third party review site. Please give our Roadside Assist team a call on 1800 154 810 and they'll be able to send someone out for you.

Please delete this post, as it contains your personal details. In order to keep your details secure, please do not ever post them publicly, or in private messages unless requested directly from a trusted source. - M

Trayay

Customer Service .. please call her to advise!! Show some decent customer service! She sounds stressed!

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage