Listing monitored by AAMI

• 1-2 weeks (23)
    • 2-4 weeks (23)
    • 1-2 months (31)
    • 3+ months (44)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (95) · No (45)

Paul J.
Paul J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shonky.

Useless service.

I have used aami for almost 2 years now, My direct debit failed and I called and fixed it up. They said it was fixed and I wouldn't have any further issues, however I got an email today stating that my cover has been cancelled due to failed payments.

Absolutely useless service I will never deal with them again

Emina
Emina Queensland

Disgusting customer service.

My excess is $2,150 and it’s something that I did not agree upon when I signed up with aami. Some flexi cover crap I’m paying extra for. My standard excess should be $600.
Rude customer service.. because I cannot afford $2,150 they were harassing me multiple times. Yelling at me on the phone.

When I did call them back multiple times to ask them why and how is my excess so high they wouldn’t answer my question.. completely ignoring me and would hang up on my face. Even one lady said to me “business is business” then hanged up. It’s disgusting AAMI you should be ashamed. Supposed to be helping your customers but your stealing money from my pocket. Wth $2,150 you got to be kidding. Didn’t fall for it. Pigs!

Anjali K.
Anjali K.Perth, WA

Ridiculous Customer Service!

Isobel S
Isobel S

So happy with them

I have made 2 not-at-fault claims through AAMI and they have been incredible! Organised everything from tow trucks to taxis whilst on the phone to them. So kind and helpful. Very happy I paid for the hire car on my policy as I do feel that has been worth it.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Kim
Kim

Bad customer service

No stars for this company. Extremely bad customer service in terms of keeping the customer informed of the status of the review of the claim. They hardly called us to update the status and if they did and we could not answer the call. When we tried to call them back it always went to the officer's voicemail and they just would not call us back. It's been more than 9 weeks since we put thorough our claim and we still don't know what's happening. No-one would call us back to give us an update! We feel we are so UNLUCKY to be with AAMI!!!

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Can’t give less than 1 star.

1. Worthless insurance company/ Sucks money out of customer
2. Roadside assistance; need to lodge the claim beside the battery is down or forget the key inside your car.
3. Lodged a claim and need to wait weeks and weeks to get it resolved and I fixed my car and paid it from my pocket.
4. They help themselves not the customer

HangrySara
HangrySaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A 100% recommended insurer

A B.
A B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid!! rip off. Rude customer service U don't get the service you pay need to wait 9 hours for tow truck! 1 star rating

Policy poor value.
Road side assistance worst experience I ever had. Rude customer service rep. Not worth paying them extra money and they will NOT provide you premium service.
Need major improvement.

michelle
michelleCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

the worst

I cannot believe AAMI have now gone to the number system on the phone. the recorded AAMI message and song throughout the whole time I waited was the absolute worst. I never want to hear that tune again. The reason I chose AAMI to begin with was because I could actually speak to a person, as soon as I phoned the number. We had all our insurance through them. I will now be looking elsewhere.

Karen A.
Karen A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scam. Unethical. Bullies. Unconscionable

Aami’s contract repairer undertook repairs to almost 90% of my car’s value and rendered it unroadworthy, unsafe and unsellable. It should have been written off. Now I’ve lost my car

tay
tayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worst insurance company

filed a claim with them was stood around over a month. still not resolved. worst insurance company. got threatened to cancel the insurance to avoid claim refusal (even though i wasnt at fault and fully covered by insuance)

ChittyD
ChittyDSydney, NSW

Beware if you have a parked car accident

Mat
MatAU

AAMI Cancelations beware

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would provide a lesser star if possible.. Horrible Service with wait times...

Would provide a lesser star if possible.. Horrible Service with wait times... beyond a joke. Sales Q wait time 2sec... Service Q wait time more than 30mins...that explains where the focus is more for the company. All about the getting the money in.

Vasanth S.
Vasanth S.Sydney, NSW

Worst Car insurance - Please stay away

I went with AAMI because of low insurance policy - Got a call from repair no parts in town for Toyota Corolla which is hard to believe and they informed it will take another 8 weeks for the parts to arrive.

I think AAMI is big SCAM it should be avoided at any cost and go with proper car insurance company

Woza
WozaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Roadside assist is a joke .

Broke down 200 klms from main town had to pay full cost of tow before they would tow me .now trying to get reimbursed after many calls and transferred around for hours only after i said ive had enough and ringing the ombudsman now was told i have to wait a month .I'm about to change insurance for both cars and trailer they lost me .

Rocco G.
Rocco G.

Avoid AAMI and Suncorp at all costs

Charmaine
CharmaineMelbourne

AAMI rip off valued customers; keep hiking up premiums

No accident in 40 years of driving,yet every single year AAMI increase my premium by hundreds of dollars. Every year I spend an hour on the phone trying to get the premium reduced because it’s extremely high. Cancelled insurance, putting in a massive complaint. Terrible company to deal with

Horrible website

I fortunately haven't had to claim anything on my insurance; however, their website is absolute trash. For some reason my cover is not listed on their website and so whenever I have to update my details I have to call up and it is so frustrating. I'm definitely looking forward to leaving.

Joel s.
Joel s.Perth, WA

HORRIBLE,STAY AWAY

Stay away from this mob. Quoted $10,000 to be repaired. Which in reality. All repairers 3 to $4000. Ask how it come up to much. No clear explanation. Easy figured it out. Its economical for them to wreck or write off your beloved car. Then payout less and then they auction it. They will move without you knowing thinking its on a repair and assessment shop. When i found out they already towed it to a auction and salvage company. Hoping or convinced already that you got scared and write it off for a 2 door and quarter panel.

Cass
CassPerth, WA

I actually do feel lucky.

I was involved in an accident where I wasn't at fault. Staff were really kind, caring and helpful. Car is a write off as its not worth much. Less than a week since the accident and the funds for my car are already in my account. I will be taking out a policy with AAMI for the next car I buy. I couldn't fault them. I am really happy with the service.

Roadside Not Assist

One wheel bogged on a lawn after torrential rain. AAMI refused to help us for an ever increasing number of reasons, from looks steep on google maps (it wasn’t very steep), the tow truck might get damaged ....?. What? And finally after 30 minutes when I said why not let the tow truck driver decide as he is the expert and you’re sat in a call centre I was transferred to a supervisor who told me that being bogged isn’t covered, only mechanical breakdown. Do not use this dreadfully unhelpful service.

Car stolen - no payout - after 43 years of AAMI being my insurer. Disgraceful treatment

I have been with Aami for 43 years as my car insurer. Car got stolen in January and they have rejected the claim. Headed to AFCA to resolve. Shouldn’t have come to this!

Chelleid
ChelleidTasmania

Do not go with AAMI

They are fine taking your money believe me, but as soon as you have an issue with a repair that was done they will leave you hanging for weeks and weeks. Terrible communication. Won't reply to emails. Needed a repair that was only partially completed relooked at that was missed off the original claim. Told me some 5 weeks ago or more ago that an assessor would contact me. STILL waiting. I do not have time for this incompetence. Will never go with AAMI in the future. Home and contents - great. Car - appalling.

Trayayasked
Car Insurance

Why AAMI has my comprehensive car insurance increased by more than $140 dollars since last year from $343.40 to $487.84 for this renewal??????? I haven't paid it yet and feel inclined not to. That is a ridiculous increase!!!

Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Trayay, thanks for reaching out. As this is a third party review site, we can't assist with policies through here. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth for ID, or give us a call on 13 22 44. Our team is available 8am-10pm AEST every day.

Cindy Rice
Cindy Riceasked
Car Insurance

My pH no is 0477759030, My name is Cindy Rice and am a AMMI member, I need roadside assist now rego BHH. 51Y, Can someone come to Woodlark st Lismore NSW CNR of Mary G's hotel, my address as a customer is 3/9 Cornwall Place Wollongbar 2477, plz can you call me asap

Nik_41
Nik_41

Cindy you really shouldn’t put your personal information on the internet. They are not going to come to you from this message, it is a review site.

Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear you're having car trouble. We're unable to provide service through here as it is a third party review site. Please give our Roadside Assist team a call on 1800 154 810 and they'll be able to send someone out for you.

Please delete this post, as it contains your personal details. In order to keep your details secure, please do not ever post them publicly, or in private messages unless requested directly from a trusted source. - M

Trayay

Customer Service .. please call her to advise!! Show some decent customer service! She sounds stressed!

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage