Listing monitored by AAMI

• 1-2 weeks (23)
    • 2-4 weeks (23)
    • 1-2 months (31)
    • 3+ months (44)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (95) · No (45)

Terrible

Worst car insurance- Please do not buy any AAMI insurance

Terry J.
Terry J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Authorised Repairer Only

Tried to get my car fixed in Dandenong . Closest repairer they use is Hallam. I told them I have no time to take it there and could I use a repairer close to me. Came back to me saying I have to use their authorised repairer. All repairers do insurance work. NEVER AGAIN>

Andrew Buckley
Andrew BuckleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Rip Off

These guys won't pay out on a simple theft case. They just try and find excuses and use exclusions which don't apply. I would avoid them and their parent Suncorp at all costs.

Sue
SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling service. Actually, I didn’t get any service.

I rang AAMI three times yesterday afternoon (4th Feb 21) and each time I pressed the prompts, got the spool and then phone call was disconnected. This happened twice after I pressed prompts for claims and then once when I tried comprehensive. Appalling service ☹️

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Manny
MannyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AAMI is a good service provider UNTILL you envolved in an accident.

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE SERVICE.
Its been 60 days since my car is with repairer (AAMI’s suggested repairer) Even estimated pick up date passed away by 10 days. Called repairer and got reply that even they don’t know how long will it take. Even no help from AAMI.

Terrible service

Madhav S.
Madhav S.Perth, WA

Terrible service

Charles
CharlesQueensland

You've got to be kidding

I called AAMI for a quote on my truck after my current policy jumped up by 21% this renewal, They offered me the same coverage I have now but with a $600 deductible instead of $1000 I have now. The difference? My new renewal with the company I am with is $957.00, AAMI's quote was $2127.85. Well over double. I am so "lucky I'm not with AAMI" Maybe a few less commercials and you can give a decent quote.

Sharn
SharnSouthwest, VIC

3 months later 4 repairs later and my car has more problems and nothing fixed from when I originally took it in!

tmlawrance
tmlawranceHunter Region, NSW

They used to be good, now they are crap. After more than 20 years - I am moving my insurances away from them.

K Brown
K BrownMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Inconvenience when it comes to repairs

Danny
DannyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Legalised Mafia

Took my premiums, then one day someone hit my car whilst it was parked and drove off. Now they will only partially pay 30% of the damage as they claim a new paint job will put the car in a better position than previous.

Watch out, they make your life hell to get out of paying up.

Changazi
ChangaziGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible & dodgy Insurance company

Matt
Matt

Great if you let them take money and that's it - Worst service ever!!!!!!!

corey w.
corey w.Gippsland, VIC

Worst insurance company ever

Over 6 months have passed since my car was stolen. Took over 3 months to approve my claim and a further 3 months for the repairs. Still don’t have it.

natasha
natashaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shocking company who does not honour claims

Shocking company. Had 3 cars and fully comprehensive house insurance for over ten years. We had comtainated fuel which blew up engine was taken to a mechanic who did tests that said it was contaminated fuel. The car sat there for 6 weeks before an assessor came out. Chris Garrick from AAMI finally assessed the car and informed us he had no clue what happend but knew it was not faulty petrol. We were left with no car. Stay away. You have been warned.

She
SheTasmania

The worst insurance company, with very poor customer service and very unreliable.

This insurance company is the worst with very poor customer care service, no ethic and so unreliable. I have lodged a complaint, gave all required informations, staff so incompetent: each staff provide different information ( misleading). Though I provided an update of address, they still use the old one.

Wanderer
WandererSydney, NSW

Worst insurance company to make a claim with

klubear
klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AAMI took away all my choices and left me stranded on Tuesday night.

Mike
Mikesydney

useless uneducated staff

The worst insurance company bar none

staff cannot read have zero customer service skills
have the common sense of a kindergarten child

absolutely clueless bunch of trained monkeys
Do not under any circumstances do business with AAMI

Yanara
YanaraSydney, NSW

The worst insurance company

I was insured with AAMI about 4 months. I got an email saying my policy has been canceled due to an overdue payment that somehow wasn’t debited from my bank account over a month. I’ve read many reviews here and people are getting the same problem. Never received any bill not even a call from anyone from AAMI. I called them and was informed that I had to start another policy and the price would be higher. You guys don’t give a damn to your costumers. You guys think that canceling people’s policy is gonna make them get another policy, you wrong! I feel I’ve been robbed over these 04 months of insurance! I decided to don’t getting another policy, I’m getting from someone else. Take care.

MDC
MDCSouthwest, VIC

Pathetic

Brendan
BrendanQueensland

Do not get roadside assist if so go with RACQ

They don't offer roadside assist even though I payed the extra . I'm ropable . Pay the extra and go with RACQ. I've learnt a valuable lesson. Lucky my missus had RACQ they sent out roadside assistance for breakdown then towed us 140km home unlike AAMI who were only going to tow us 20km or to the nearest mechanic. I know darned well who I'll pick for my insurer next time and it won't be AAMI. Rip off merchants and fraudsters saying they do roadside assist . What a joke!!!! If I could get a refund I'd go with RACQ . (For Qld customers). POLICY MEANS NOTHING.

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

Still have to pay insurance policy even when car written off

Car insured with AAMI for 5 years. Car in accident and written off. When accessing the claim amount they deducted the remaining 4 months insurance for a car that doesn't exist. Are you serious. Sure charge a cancellation fee but don't charge all the remaining insurance for a car that is gone to the Car Gods.

Trayayasked
Car Insurance

Why AAMI has my comprehensive car insurance increased by more than $140 dollars since last year from $343.40 to $487.84 for this renewal??????? I haven't paid it yet and feel inclined not to. That is a ridiculous increase!!!

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Trayay, thanks for reaching out. As this is a third party review site, we can't assist with policies through here. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth for ID, or give us a call on 13 22 44. Our team is available 8am-10pm AEST every day.

Cindy Rice
Cindy Riceasked
Car Insurance

My pH no is [Number Removed], My name is Cindy Rice and am a AMMI member, I need roadside assist now rego [Number Removed], Can someone come to Woodlark st Lismore NSW CNR of Mary G's hotel, my address as a customer is [Address Removed], plz can you call me asap

Nik_41
Nik_41

Cindy you really shouldn’t put your personal information on the internet. They are not going to come to you from this message, it is a review site.

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear you're having car trouble. We're unable to provide service through here as it is a third party review site. Please give our Roadside Assist team a call on 1800 154 810 and they'll be able to send someone out for you.

Please delete this post, as it contains your personal details. In order to keep your details secure, please do not ever post them publicly, or in private messages unless requested directly from a trusted source. - M

Trayay

Customer Service .. please call her to advise!! Show some decent customer service! She sounds stressed!

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage