How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (0)
Emma

EmmaNorth Queensland, QLD

Good insurance, keep coming back.

I've switched back to AAMI after living in NT (with TIO Car insurance) for 3 years.
Able to get a competative price for an under 25 driver and free roadside assistance for a year.

Very easy to request a quote and all handled thru email and the website.

2016 Mazda is covered for agreed value of $21,600 with a $600 excess and yearly $686.61.

Much cheaper than other insurers for young drivers.

Would recommend.

AllenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Has a Positive experience

DC88

DC88North Queensland, QLD

Read your PDS Thoroughly!

Pam

PamGreenvale

Claim process is good

Bit expensive in comparison to Budget Direct and Bingle. But claim process is quick and they don’t ask for unnecessary paperwork. Peace of mind to pay bit more.

Jess

JessMelbourne

Nothing but a good experience

Ive been with Aami for years. Aami give me the best price possible but I have had great customer service from each person I have spoken too. I cant fault Aami from my experience.

Melb

MelbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive but pays out

On the one hand, they are expensive. On the other hand, I had to make two claims - one when someone damaged my car and another under a home contents cover - and I received compensation without much resistance. So we did get something in return.

HAPPPY WITH AAMI

i have been with AAMI for many years and claimed a couple of times and had no problems. the people i have spoken to have been very helpful, never found to be rude.we have all our cars and house and contents with them

NZN

NZNBrisbane

Really good service and would recommend

Easy to setup and and good customer service, also used their road site assistance.
Once I had drove down to south side and must have had a bad battery and could not start the car again.
called AAMI and they were able to get a tech within 1 hour.

Camilla

CamillaBrisbane

Happy with service, having had one crash and one repair issue during my time with AAMI

Sam C

Worked out ok for me

Nhan

NhanArdeer

24/7 phone service, great customer service

I compared all insurance for comprehensive quote, Aami was the cheapest, amazing customer service, got my quote for $978, however I was able to get a further $50 discount over the phone, in addition a further discount for driving less than 10,000 kms per year bring it down to $800. Amazing price

Rooster

RoosterSydney

Better than others

I have been a member for AAMI for many years now and find that they offer a better premium compared to others.

Every year I have looked around for better value but they always are cheaper compare to other insurance providers.

Also their staff is very polite and very helpful. I have had about 2 claims through AAMI, all the fault of the other driver. and they were processed in a very professional manner,

HashK

HashKPerth

Better Than the Rest, But Still Not Perfect

I compared many car insurance products, and found AAMI's better than those I compared. So I chose to insure with AAMI.
Some car insurance products quoted very competitive premiums. But low premium is not the best value because some insurances have very low market value for my car I wanted to insure, some had high excess, some did not cover windows and wind screen, some did not allow customization for my needs. All these parameters helped lower the premium at the insured's risks.

Spotme

SpotmeSydney, NSW

So far so good - Claims for damage to my car

We were rear ended recently and our car had some minor damage, the other car suffered much more. The phone call to AAMI and they way the agent handled it was too easy. As the fault was third party, whose details we passed on to AAMI, we were not charged for excess. The appointment for the repair was booked 2 days after the accident - car was perfectly driveable. Car not repaired yet, we are waiting for parts from the repair company, but so far, we were happy with how AAMI dealt with this incident.

Oli

OliMelbourne

Easy purchase process, reasonable rate

Personally I would recommend AAMI. The online purchase process is very easy and user friendly.
If you would like to have a piece of mind, you can use AAMI. Very reputable company and friendly customer service.

Morphix

Morphix

they fixed it

I have used AAMI on and off through out the years. They are usually the cheapest choice when I try to search quotes. I tend to change companies almost every year as the policy goes up and the cover goes down. Sometimes even doing a manual quote online with the same company can be cheaper than your new invoice.
This year i was rear ended, and made a claim to AAMI with no fault of my own, continued to drive around while the claim process unfolded. The car was fixed to a great standard within about 5 weeks. I may be using AAMI again as I can't find a cheaper quote, I Really want to pay about $650 and they are quoting over $800 despite me moving house and now driving a quarter the distance.

Erry

Erry

Satisfied with the cost and the claim process

I've had comprehensive insurance with AAMI for a few years now. The price seems competitive. I have had two claims. The work was arranged quickly and efficiently. The customer service people have dealt with all issues well. At first I was not pleased about having no choice of repairer, but the repairs were fine.

The cost of a renewal is more than the same insurance as a new policy.

Min

MinMelbourne

Helpful staff, actively tried to save me money.

I've had a few policies with AAMI, 2 cars, Third Party and also Comprehensive, the sales person told me that they would apply a discount for me even though they didn't need to mention it, due to an internal promotion. I also like that they have a quick turn around for most questions.

Wendy0707

Wendy0707asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito
Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Jase J.

Jase J.asked

Car Insurance

Why is my claim review taking so long I am homless and live out the car I suffer a neurological disease that causes me to stutter AAMI thought they put the call on hold but took it off for me to hear them picking on my stutter saying nnnnooooo moooonnnnneeeyyyy fffffooooorrrrr hhhhimmmm I have contacted 2gb and am contacting channel 9 I just wanted to hurt myself after hearing the mocking and have only just been released from hospital

jay shankhar

jay shankharasked

Car Insurance

the car is my name where as my wife is the main driver, can i insure the car in her name please

S G
S G

You can insure the car while including her as the main driver. However, it is still your car and the insurance will pay you if something happened to your car.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Ask AAMI

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage