Listing monitored by AAMI

• <1 week (16)
    • 1-2 weeks (9)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (31) · No (0)
LadyOfThree
LadyOfThreeQLD, 4570

I really love AAMI.

Isobel S
Isobel S

So happy with them

I have made 2 not-at-fault claims through AAMI and they have been incredible! Organised everything from tow trucks to taxis whilst on the phone to them. So kind and helpful. Very happy I paid for the hire car on my policy as I do feel that has been worth it.

HangrySara
HangrySaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A 100% recommended insurer

Cass
CassPerth, WA

I actually do feel lucky.

I was involved in an accident where I wasn't at fault. Staff were really kind, caring and helpful. Car is a write off as its not worth much. Less than a week since the accident and the funds for my car are already in my account. I will be taking out a policy with AAMI for the next car I buy. I couldn't fault them. I am really happy with the service.

Good Experience

Have 2 comprehensive vehicle insurance policies with AAMI, made a claim this year for minor damage caused by another vehicle whose details i had. I found the claim process quick and painless l did refuse to accept their 1st preference repairer and was escalated to a manager where i argued for another repairer l was familiar with for good work who was also a registered AAMI repairer but not promoted by AAMI. I had a hire car arranged and taxi to/from repairer. Based on my experience and I'm not someone who tolerates bad service I couldn't fault my experience and would recommend.
Only downside is their premiums increase by double digit % annually however if you call their c/s agent does have authority to reduce by 3%-5%.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Angelito
AngelitoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy and no red tapes regarding claims

I would like to thank this insurance for their excellent customer service and of course for processing my claims so quickly. I took me only few minutes to claim for my car repair and booked me in straight away for repair. I’m very happy that I decided to insured my car with AAMI. So for those looking for good insurance, this insurance is highly recommended. A+++

Josh wineti
Josh wineti

I have been with AAMI for the last 5 or 6 years, could be more. Always very helpful and great on roadside assistance. When I lodged claims they take all the pressure off. Even through these toughs times gave me a great deal and discount, being off work. Much appreciated.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Ozdog
OzdogGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Insurance

I am currently an AAMI customer that is looking for new car insurance as my premiums have gone up a lot. However while on this website I have seen a lot of 1 star reviews and that does not reflect my time with AAMI. We have made three claims with AAMI over 10 years and each time they have been AWESOME. Flood damage ruined one car and they paid out within 3 days. A tree branch damage a car but no problems getting it fixed. If I do leave it is on price alone.

NATASHA
NATASHAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent customer service

Fantastic customer service, negotiated policy pricing to my advantage. The lady was so considerate and kind with my dealings. Been with Aami for a very long time and never been let down.

Find out how AAMI Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

What a relief . Thanks Aami and Ann Whittaker.

My family was impacted by covid 19 disaster as lost jobs were stressful.
Thanks to Aami for 3 month waiver help plus Woolworths voucher was extremely helpful.
Special thanks to Ann Whittaker for kind support and sympathy over the phone .
Given review even on Mozzo too as they deserved.

Allen L.
Allen L.

Very good customer service and swifty repair

Car hit by someone's car so needed to make claim. Claim online application was easy and fast. Customer Service rep followed up very promptly. Repair was swifty and done in one day while new bumper, reverse senor and side panel required. Uber for free to and from repair center. Repair center staff were nice and professional. Been through different insurers but AAMI has given best experience.

Rubyluby
RubylubyMelbourne

Unbelievable generosity

I have been recently impacted by Covid-19 and contacted AAMI to see if I could possibly catch up my payments. They waived my car insurance for 3 months and sent me a $100 Woolworths voucher. I almost cried. I cannot believe that they could be so kind and empathetic and go over and above. The customer service rep was just lovely. I cannot fault them.

Spirit Warrior
Spirit WarriorPerth, WA

Incredibly helpful in a time of stress

My husband and I both have AAMI comprehensive car insurance. They have been the most cost effective insurer the past few years running. Recently, we have been impacted by COVID-19. After attempting to juggle finances we got in touch with AAMI. They waived our premiums for 3 months each and also gifted us with a voucher. We were so appreciative of the first class customer service. They honestly went above and beyond in a time of personal crisis for us. Neither of us have needed to make a claim on our insurance up until now, so we genuinely hope that they would offer the same level of customer service if we ever needed to.

Chan t.
Chan t.Perth, WA

Aami -efficient, quick and wonderful service

I have been with many insurance company in my lifetime . I must say AAMI have been nothing but amazing . Both times I was in minor car accidents, I had no trouble getting my claims . It was so simple and quick ! They even offered Uber service to and from home. So thank u once again from the bottom of my heart AAMI.

Matt
Matt

Smooth experience

Had a really smooth experience with AAMI, from the initial claims call, follow up txts and emails, to sorting a rental car while mine was being repaired. They organised Ubers from the repairer to the rental place and back. Even the repairer Capital Smart was very professional. Used to be with Coles, AAMI is far better.

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Trayayasked
Car Insurance

Why AAMI has my comprehensive car insurance increased by more than $140 dollars since last year from $343.40 to $487.84 for this renewal??????? I haven't paid it yet and feel inclined not to. That is a ridiculous increase!!!

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Trayay, thanks for reaching out. As this is a third party review site, we can't assist with policies through here. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth for ID, or give us a call on 13 22 44. Our team is available 8am-10pm AEST every day.

Cindy Rice
Cindy Riceasked
Car Insurance

My pH no is [Number Removed], My name is Cindy Rice and am a AMMI member, I need roadside assist now rego [Number Removed], Can someone come to Woodlark st Lismore NSW CNR of Mary G's hotel, my address as a customer is [Address Removed], plz can you call me asap

Nik_41
Nik_41

Cindy you really shouldn’t put your personal information on the internet. They are not going to come to you from this message, it is a review site.

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear you're having car trouble. We're unable to provide service through here as it is a third party review site. Please give our Roadside Assist team a call on 1800 154 810 and they'll be able to send someone out for you.

Please delete this post, as it contains your personal details. In order to keep your details secure, please do not ever post them publicly, or in private messages unless requested directly from a trusted source. - M

Trayay

Customer Service .. please call her to advise!! Show some decent customer service! She sounds stressed!

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage