See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AAMI

• 3+ months (14)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (102) · No

Erick
ErickGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed experience in the progress of claims

I have been with AAMI almost for 10 years - the latest claim was very disappointed and unpleasant experience. Inconsistent information delivered by the customer care officers - they thrown you to here and there officers. Every time I need to mentioned to put notes in the system, so I don't need to explain from the beginning again - and be prepare for long waiting call. It was really unpleasant experience.

Liss
LissSeaford

INCOMPETENT

Had an accident paid the excess 2 weeks ago then received a letter saying we had not paid it We asked for a receipt from AAMI when we paid it, which never CAME!. Told first guy [name removed] we had paid it. Made us feel like liers. Got the receipt number from the bank. Rang back with receipt number and again made to feel like we were lying. WELL IT TURNS OUT.... that THEY WERE INCORRECT.... WE DID PAY IT... In their stupidity they paid the $650 to our insurance policy not the excess. WE WANT AN APOLOGY... No we are not lucky we are with AAMI and very soon will not be!!!!!

Omer
Omermelbourne

Never Never Never Aami Please Stay Away

Please do not use AAMI, They do not allow you take your car to your preferred mechanic. They will forward your car to cheap mechanics which do really cheap job.

Mark S
Mark SSydney

Fantastic

I've been with AAMI for some 20 years now (different cars in that time). I've had 2 at fault accidents, 1 not at fault accident and two hail claims. AAMI has always come though for me and never disputed the claims.

Whilst AAMI's handling of the claims wasn't perfect, over all it was very good and wound't feel right taking a star away for it.

I have no problems recommending AAMI.

Chetan
ChetanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible !!!

Worst !!!!!!!!!!!
Called them several times in past few days. Communication error within their team. Different answer from different people and some people had no idea even after reading notes in account and they keep giving different information. As i got promised yesterday and again this morning after i spoke to different department that accesor will definitely call me today. No call from anyone. When called again today got told no guarantee for timeframe from accesor as its still under review.

Just took my 2nd car policy with them yesterday but definitely will cancel it.

RichardP
RichardPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Competitive pricing and good claims handling

I am not loyal to any insurance company and always get 3 quotes each year.
We have three polices with AAMI giving us a multi policy discount. The renewals for our two cars from AAMI came in second cheapest. We decided to renew with AAMI because we had 3 not at fault claims in the last two years and each time AAMI handled the process very well.

Surfaone

K McPerth, WA

Customer Null and Void Once Vehicle Written Off

Shane
Shane

Fantastic response to our car accident

A young guy reversed into our car and damaged the front badly. We contacted AAMI expecting an issue as we had no proof and could have been accused of us causing a rear end. They were fantastic to action repairs immediately with no excess charged. Very pleasantly surprise with loads of updates and info on status of claim and repairs.

Sean
SeanSydney, NSW

Impressed with AAMI's handling of a claim

I completed an exhaustive analysis on which insurerer to go with. AAMI were mid table on premium alone, 20% more expensive than the cheapest. The main reason I paid a premium to go with AAMI was their reputation for paying out on valid claims. Within two weeks of having my insurance I was side swiped by a truck. Within an hour of the accident, and my confirmation of the driver at fault, AAMI had covered my claim, and had booked my car in to get assessed the next morning! This reduced the stress of a collision considerably. I recieved my car back, repairs were first class on my metallic paint Mercedes-Benz.

Erle W.
Erle W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Can't do enough for you!

I have been insured by AAMI for around 20 years and had a few claims, not all my fault, but had 2 write offs due to flood damage. No questions, just fixed and paid out. They may not have been always as quick as I would have liked, but there were no problems, all fixed. The preferred window repairer shafted me, so I will not go near O'Brien's again, but AAMI deserves five stars. Looking at other reviews, there are 2 sides to every story, but AAMI has always been great for communication and support.

Allen
AllenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Has a Positive experience

AAMI, worst insurer

Hi,
I am just warning anyone with a new or near new prestige vehicle with an AAMI comprehensive insurance.
AAMI does not have a preferred repairer capable of repairing a prestige vehicle that has been involved in any major accident that requires a major repair that includes welding panels.
AAMI will allow the vehicle to be repaired disregarding what the manufacture specify.
They will cut corners on the repair to save money.
Please do yourself a favour and pick an insurer that has a choice of repairer and don't make the same mistake I did.

Simon M
Simon MSydney

Very Professional

Made me feel extremely at ease. Very professional, easy process. What could’ve been very stressful was very painless. Highly recommended. Most people only leave reviews when they’ve had bad experiences, so I think AAMI’s score is unjustified.

AMD
AMDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best Insurance company I have dealt with

I had to make a claim on my car. The girl on the phone made it seem very easy. They booked the mechanic the next day. They even paid for my cab home. They are a great company to deal with

Neil Odonnell
Neil OdonnellPerth, WA

No Fault claim Car Repairable write off with no communication

Car was reversed into whilst parked. Used my insurance company AAMI as thought it would be quicker and easier to deal with. After one call car was taken, after missing a call, I returned the call back to AAMI only to find car had been written off. Totally gutted as car was great little car with minimal damage (but deemed uneconomical to repair) only used once a week and cared for carefully from nearly new. Communication was terrible (Sorry non existent) and was not even offered the chance to pay the extra $800 to fix the car. Now i have to find a car with cost and inconvenience to myself. Lucky I was with AAMI

Hardy
HardyNew South Wales

AAMI is the best insurance company ever dealt with

My car was stolen recently. Contacted AAMI and the response I received was excellent. The customer care executive was very kind and polite. She organised a rental car for me. They gave me genuine updates when I contacted them. My car was written off and AAMI transferred the agreed amount of money to my account with out delay. I recommend AAMI to my friends and family.

Kian
Kian

You not lucky with them. False advertise

Dont trust them specifically over the phone always ask for documents and what they say in writing.

I have 4 cars insured with them will cancel all policy after done with them.

Thumbs down aami

AAMI is disgusting

This is an absolute disgusting insurance that I have ever been into, they do not understand and help you out all they say is that “that’s the policy” I don’t know why people is insured with them. It’s wast of time spending more then an hour on the phone and getting no help. It feels like they’re just using people and they don’t even know what the market value is they just find some cheaper value and tell you that’s all I can help with absolutely disgusting. People stop wasting your money and time with a insurance that doesn’t even value nothing

M821
M821AU

Oh, AAMI Bad!

had an accident but wasn't my fault, Aami insist send it to Capital Smart at Botany and there go the nightmare. send car in for assessed so they could order the part need but was told " we only order part in when the car is in, what if your car get stolen after we ordered the parts?" end up delayed pick up the car due to parts wasn't ready.....Aami Can't do attitude doesn't help at all either, was promised a call back but never get it and even speak to the supervisor is pointless, 50 mins on the line with them end up nothing!!!

AAMI are hopeless

If your after an insurance company that will not help you when you have a claim AAMI is the way to go.
That are frustratingly slow and after your 3 or fourth hour on the phone you may begin to think your time is more valuable that the claim. Don't matter how cheap they are if they don't help they are no use

Kerrilyn
KerrilynCentral Queensland, QLD

Not the Cheapest but definitely the easiest , Australian speaking, efficient to deal with

Have several policies and have just renewed all...had a couple of non-fault claims on eldest daughter's car. AAMI took control, organised absolutely everything, notified all parties of every step along the way, resolved incredibly fast...super impressed!

Ellie L.
Ellie L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Roadside assistance Quick and professional !!!

My car had a puncture last night. I called Aami and was told it could take up to 60 minutes. It only took 20 for Nick to arrive. He was so helpful and friendly.
The whole thing from my call took 35 minutes.
Thanks to Nick. He is in Melbourne.
Fantastic, Fast service and free as part of my policy. Thanks Aami you made my night !!!

lucky I am with AAMI

I had couple of things happening, with AAMI felt well look after, secure,and fully protected.
l was lucky to have AAMI, their employees are amazing they help you all way through.
l had my property insured with them, and now l am bringing forward my cars l am not happy with service from other insurers.

Neno
NenoSydney, NSW

Terrible service terrible insurer

29 days to get me an answer as to what is happening with my car..
Terrible car hire no communication with car hire place..
Car hire threatning to charge me for car hire will be changing insured asap..
Still waiting on when I will get my car back and what state I will get it back in..
AMMI took my car from repairer to repairer around Sydney until they could find someone who is willing to fix it.. which tells me that the car should have been written off...
Even though the accident was not my fault and they would have gotten all there money back from the other insurer..
I say very unlucky to be with AMMI teribble terrible terrible..