See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AAMI

• Claim ApprovedYes (102) · No

Milenaemma
MilenaemmaMelbourne, Victoria

good, reliable insurance company

we are with AAMI many years (7?)
we insure all with them. Last car accident showed how diligent they are. Call-orginised the car repar-orginise car transporting-free taxi;
they or their repair company inform us in every stage.

Viktor
ViktorSydney, NSW

Good value

I've been with this insurance for 3 years. Had to claim a small accident with another driver at fault. AAMI organized everything for me (repair, taxi) within one week. Happy to continue being with AAMI

Steve P.
Steve P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not Lucky to be with AAMI

alyson walker
alyson walkerPerth, WA

poor customer service

irritated36
irritated36melbourne

Hopeless, one screw up after another, dodgy repairers as well.

JJ McNerd
JJ McNerdGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Claims process is terrible

Thankfully I am covered but the claims process is more painful than the accident itself.
Getting into an accident is stressful enough - but having to then deal with their claims department is just icing on the cake.
They expect that someone who has had 3 accidents in 20 years should know what to do in the heat of the moment... I rang them on the spot and was told I was in the queue and the wait time was 40 minutes.
Did what I could but apparently didn't do it right so they made me pay an excess even though I was not at fault.
AAMI are terrible.

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
James B.
James B.Sydney, NSW

Poor service

Have had house and car with AAMI for many years and good past experience so was surprised when submitting claim last week. Claim consultant had very poor English and had to repeat myself several times and spell out simple words. Car has simple underbody damage to engine part which local non AAMI repairer could fix in 24 hours. AAMI took car to panel shop when told no panel damage where it has remained for a week without even being looked at. When called AAMI said that’s our process and could be three weeks after quote for repairs. Not good enough. Previously aami had prompt and efficient service now it’s rubbish.

Dan
Dan

Once a great insurer now the bottom of the heap!

Happy Home
Happy HomeSydney, NSW

Happy with AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance

I have had AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance on my Kia Rio since I bought it in 2012 and have been happy with their willingness to give me a discount for being a good driver. My previous car was written off in an accident and they paid it all back to me so was happy with that. Their phone staff have always been helpful with me so I've been happy with that.

Frank M
Frank MMelbourne

Completed disappointed

Completely disappointed with my car insurance claim. We were not at fault. The claims people just said if we came out to a large street from a small street you are autocratically at fault. So you expect us to to never come out of a small street?
Don’t expect us to use AAMI ever again and will recommend anyone against this company who asks. Happy to move to another insurance company and even pay more to not deal with these people. Lucky I won’t be with AAMI.

Other Car Insurance

Very happy with aami car insurance

Have had aami insurance for over twelve years and have had two family cars written off in this time and they have been great with follow up each time. Highly recommend.

Jag
JagMelbourne

Hide main things when you sign up

I was involved in an accident and the car was written off. They rang me and said that we are going to give you the agreed value. But we will be deducting the remaining premium money in my case 7 months worth of insurance premium. Also that wasn't end so they also claimed left over registration on car which is 11 months.
So in the end i paid total of 1800 including the excess.
No one told me all this until something happened.

Ripping people of by hiding the truth and what they will sign you up with.

Unlucky with AAMI

Vehicle was an economical write off through theft but perfectly driveable.
The pay out was less than market rate as can be expected with insurance companies but I purchased the vehicle back for salvage as its perfectly driveable and not been crashed.
Its taken over 72 hours for them to organise a tow from the holding yard and still no end in sight.
Between incompetent AAMI and their tow truck vendors and the salvage yard I wouldnt trust any of them to sit the correct way around on a toilet seat.
I would like to allocate ZERO stars
AVOID this company and take your business else where.

A Yu
A YuPerth, WA

A company that only cares about themselves and what they will NOT pay.

Jodie Hill
Jodie HillSydney, NSW

AAMI has zero customer service

AAMI you're a joke

My car was written off by another vehicle while parked. AAMI assessors have given me ridiculously low quotes to replace my vehicle. I have asked for my claim to be escalated and as a result a self gratifying and patronising person called me in attempt to talk me down in price.I wondered why the tow truck driver warned me to be ready for AAMI to beat me down in price. Now I know what he meant. I have asked for my claim to be escalated further and have now been waiting on hold for 25minutes. Once I have this resolved I will be taking all our vehicle and home and contents insurance elsewhere. Never to return!
AAMI you're a joke.

Jai
JaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Service

Our claim is still ongoing, they have had the quote for over two weeks, and we are told they will ring in the next day or so to resolve the claim. This never happens, they are dragging the chain to payout or fix our vechile.

DC88
DC88North Queensland, QLD

Read your PDS Thoroughly!

Param
ParamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Life time repair guarantee is piece of crap

I lodge insurance claim 11 Feb 2019 claim number M051337819 where car left hand side mirror suppose to be replaced
But it’s not been done properly have quality issue now they want me to go to Mercedes and pay from my pocket to get it fit properly it’s been over the month now
I will recommend never go with them

Umar
Umar

Unlucky to be hit by a AAMI customer

Ray.B
Ray.BSydney Surrounds, NSW

Express Service

Recently had to have hail repairs done to my 2 year old Suzuki Swift.Took my car to Bella Vista assessing as arranged,repairs were booked for following week..As we live about 90km from repair centre ,they arranged a truck to pick up from my home and returned three days later,looking like new again! (also cleaned).
Cannot fault there service.

Countrygal
Countrygal

Can't fault the service AAMI Insurance delivers.

Have been with AAMI insurance for 5 years and can say with confidence they are a great Insurance company. I live in Country Victoria and consequently had 3 accidents involving Kangaroos within 18 months and AAMI have been marvelous !!. They checked I was ok first and then went straight into organizing a tow truck, I picked the crash repair company and they got my vehicle fixed & back promptly. Recently my vehicle was written off and again AAMI was marvelous. Would thoroughly recommend AAMI Insurance.

RT
RTSydney

Shocking! Stay away from all Suncorp Insurance Brands

Dellys1602
Dellys1602Perth, WA

Be adamant with what you expect