See the Best Car Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AAMI

• 1-2 weeks (25)
    • 2-4 weeks (25)
    • 1-2 months (33)
    • 3+ months (44)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (100) · No (45)

Matt
Matt

Great if you let them take money and that's it - Worst service ever!!!!!!!

corey w.
corey w.Gippsland, VIC

Worst insurance company ever

Over 6 months have passed since my car was stolen. Took over 3 months to approve my claim and a further 3 months for the repairs. Still don’t have it.

natasha
natashaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shocking company who does not honour claims

Shocking company. Had 3 cars and fully comprehensive house insurance for over ten years. We had comtainated fuel which blew up engine was taken to a mechanic who did tests that said it was contaminated fuel. The car sat there for 6 weeks before an assessor came out. Chris Garrick from AAMI finally assessed the car and informed us he had no clue what happend but knew it was not faulty petrol. We were left with no car. Stay away. You have been warned.

She
SheTasmania

The worst insurance company, with very poor customer service and very unreliable.

This insurance company is the worst with very poor customer care service, no ethic and so unreliable. I have lodged a complaint, gave all required informations, staff so incompetent: each staff provide different information ( misleading). Though I provided an update of address, they still use the old one.

Wanderer
WandererSydney, NSW

Worst insurance company to make a claim with

klubear
klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AAMI took away all my choices and left me stranded on Tuesday night.

Mike
Mikesydney

useless uneducated staff

The worst insurance company bar none

staff cannot read have zero customer service skills
have the common sense of a kindergarten child

absolutely clueless bunch of trained monkeys
Do not under any circumstances do business with AAMI

Super Funds Awards 2020!

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Yanara
YanaraSydney, NSW

The worst insurance company

I was insured with AAMI about 4 months. I got an email saying my policy has been canceled due to an overdue payment that somehow wasn’t debited from my bank account over a month. I’ve read many reviews here and people are getting the same problem. Never received any bill not even a call from anyone from AAMI. I called them and was informed that I had to start another policy and the price would be higher. You guys don’t give a damn to your costumers. You guys think that canceling people’s policy is gonna make them get another policy, you wrong! I feel I’ve been robbed over these 04 months of insurance! I decided to don’t getting another policy, I’m getting from someone else. Take care.

MDC
MDCSouthwest, VIC

Pathetic

Brendan
BrendanQueensland

Do not get roadside assist if so go with RACQ

They don't offer roadside assist even though I payed the extra . I'm ropable . Pay the extra and go with RACQ. I've learnt a valuable lesson. Lucky my missus had RACQ they sent out roadside assistance for breakdown then towed us 140km home unlike AAMI who were only going to tow us 20km or to the nearest mechanic. I know darned well who I'll pick for my insurer next time and it won't be AAMI. Rip off merchants and fraudsters saying they do roadside assist . What a joke!!!! If I could get a refund I'd go with RACQ . (For Qld customers). POLICY MEANS NOTHING.

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

Still have to pay insurance policy even when car written off

Car insured with AAMI for 5 years. Car in accident and written off. When accessing the claim amount they deducted the remaining 4 months insurance for a car that doesn't exist. Are you serious. Sure charge a cancellation fee but don't charge all the remaining insurance for a car that is gone to the Car Gods.

Max B.
Max B.South East Queensland, QLD

AAMI do not honour their PDS

AAMI have denied my insurance claim based on an irrelevant exclusion in their PDS. According to AAMI, they do not cover a stolen car claim if the car was for sale at the time it was stolen! This is contrary to their PDS (which logically excludes cover AFTER the car has been sold) and should go as a fair warning to anyone considering AAMI as an insurer. They have been slow to acknowledge and process the clam and continue to draw it out as long as possible. I am now being forced to go to AFCA for a fair outcome.

Good Experience

Have 2 comprehensive vehicle insurance policies with AAMI, made a claim this year for minor damage caused by another vehicle whose details i had. I found the claim process quick and painless l did refuse to accept their 1st preference repairer and was escalated to a manager where i argued for another repairer l was familiar with for good work who was also a registered AAMI repairer but not promoted by AAMI. I had a hire car arranged and taxi to/from repairer. Based on my experience and I'm not someone who tolerates bad service I couldn't fault my experience and would recommend.
Only downside is their premiums increase by double digit % annually however if you call their c/s agent does have authority to reduce by 3%-5%.

Bej
Bejbrisbane

AAMI does not

No value for money ,they have worked hard not to help.AAMI like to hide key information in the back pages. I do not trust them and will not use them again.

Courtney
CourtneyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Aami Left us for Dead! Zero care for human beings.

Stephanie
StephanieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't believe I did not cancel them the first time.

Charlie N.
Charlie N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible services

I bought a new policy over the phone and the women made not one but two mistakes. She entered my email wrong so I couldn't receive my documents so I have to call them again. She also entered my DOB wrong, I said 1992 but she entered 1982, I could not understand how the 9 sounds to be 8??? And then I have to pay $40 to just change my DOB on the policy which I only receive after I made a payment, they refuse to send a quote before I made a payment over the phone. Another woman called Stephanie just explained to me she listened to the call from her side couple of times and she confirmed I said 8, not 9, and refuse to let me hear the call. Such ridiculous. I will change to another provider after my policy expires with AAMI>

V Kim
V KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience Ive ever had

The service I received and the entire duration of the claim was so bad I ended up selling my car, I couldnt stand it any more because they ruined it.
I was rear ended in sep 2019 and it took them 6 months to get my car repaired and back to me in a safe, drive-able condition. They were horrid to deal with and I went through about 6 different people during my claim.

shamsuddin
shamsuddinCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

poor and lazy service

very terrible and poor service of aami car insurance.. My care was stolen two month ago..... still claim has not resolved yet. I dont know what they want to prove. I have been suffering without a car. but they dont have feeling of any suffering ..
whenever i called them , they have only one answer.. the claim in in process with the investigation. although, they have debited basic premium on the 1st day of claim...

poor service ..

Corner cutting repairs (WHISTLEBLOWER INFO)

Claudia Morgan
Claudia MorganSydney, NSW

Not lucky to be with AAMI

D smitty
D smittySouth East Queensland, QLD

Muckup on their end this time.

Been with AAMI for 7 months now, never had an issue with my payments. There's always been money in the bank, for them to deduct the payments automatically. Wokeup this morning to an email, the payments been declined for insufficient funds LOL. Checked my bank money still in it, so had to manually process the payment through. If it wasn't AAMI fault, then I apologize. Only leaves one culprit then, Westpacs been messing around with my pennies ...tsk tsk tsk.

Hosan
HosanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not repairing my car,it’s more than 3 weeks,no more longer better service,go somewhere else,0422283475

Not repairing my car,paid access already,will complain relevant authorities,for unfair trading,I will also complain to disputes resolution team,then court remedies,may be they refuse 50% claim,that’s there profit,there advertising and product description not matching

Kamal Sharma
Kamal SharmaSydney, NSW

Worst Service ever.

Don't go for it. Its a scam. Only taking your money for apologies no Service ever. Worst customer Service n worst Assistance. Worst worst Service ever. Customer Service dosen't have any solution

You don't get what you pay for.

I have been with AAMI for 8 years and their staff are all very sympathetic and friendly but you get passed from one operator to the next who often tell you that it is not their department. Most correspondence is verbal (even though I asked for it in writing, so there could be no confusion). My car was written off at no fault of my own and I am still greatly out of pocket. I will not be insuring with them again.