See the Best Car Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AAMI

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (21)
    • 1-2 weeks (13)
    • 2-4 weeks (9)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (42) · No (0)

What a relief . Thanks Aami and Ann Whittaker.

My family was impacted by covid 19 disaster as lost jobs were stressful.
Thanks to Aami for 3 month waiver help plus Woolworths voucher was extremely helpful.
Special thanks to Ann Whittaker for kind support and sympathy over the phone .
Given review even on Mozzo too as they deserved.

Allen L.
Allen L.

Very good customer service and swifty repair

Car hit by someone's car so needed to make claim. Claim online application was easy and fast. Customer Service rep followed up very promptly. Repair was swifty and done in one day while new bumper, reverse senor and side panel required. Uber for free to and from repair center. Repair center staff were nice and professional. Been through different insurers but AAMI has given best experience.

Rubyluby
RubylubyMelbourne

Unbelievable generosity

I have been recently impacted by Covid-19 and contacted AAMI to see if I could possibly catch up my payments. They waived my car insurance for 3 months and sent me a $100 Woolworths voucher. I almost cried. I cannot believe that they could be so kind and empathetic and go over and above. The customer service rep was just lovely. I cannot fault them.

Spirit Warrior
Spirit WarriorPerth, WA

Incredibly helpful in a time of stress

My husband and I both have AAMI comprehensive car insurance. They have been the most cost effective insurer the past few years running. Recently, we have been impacted by COVID-19. After attempting to juggle finances we got in touch with AAMI. They waived our premiums for 3 months each and also gifted us with a voucher. We were so appreciative of the first class customer service. They honestly went above and beyond in a time of personal crisis for us. Neither of us have needed to make a claim on our insurance up until now, so we genuinely hope that they would offer the same level of customer service if we ever needed to.

Chan t.
Chan t.Perth, WA

Aami -efficient, quick and wonderful service

I have been with many insurance company in my lifetime . I must say AAMI have been nothing but amazing . Both times I was in minor car accidents, I had no trouble getting my claims . It was so simple and quick ! They even offered Uber service to and from home. So thank u once again from the bottom of my heart AAMI.

Matt
Matt

Smooth experience

Had a really smooth experience with AAMI, from the initial claims call, follow up txts and emails, to sorting a rental car while mine was being repaired. They organised Ubers from the repairer to the rental place and back. Even the repairer Capital Smart was very professional. Used to be with Coles, AAMI is far better.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Fastcat45
Fastcat45North Western Region, NSW

Great company who have quick response times. Whole family of 5 have all policies with Aami for many years. Recently had to make a claim for the Canberra hail storms and whole issue was resolved within 14days from start to finish.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Hamid B.
Hamid B.Sydney, NSW

Had good and smooth experience

It was good and smooth experience for me. Time manner was long but they extended hire car until my car fixed and booked me taxi from hire car office to my car, generally good

Niki
NikiSydney

Awesome!

I have gone to other firms but keep coming back. By far the best, most hassle-free when making claims. Great service, no fuss. I've been lucky to be with Aami!

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Emma
EmmaNorth Queensland, QLD

Good insurance, keep coming back.

I've switched back to AAMI after living in NT (with TIO Car insurance) for 3 years.
Able to get a competative price for an under 25 driver and free roadside assistance for a year.

Very easy to request a quote and all handled thru email and the website.

2016 Mazda is covered for agreed value of $21,600 with a $600 excess and yearly $686.61.

Much cheaper than other insurers for young drivers.

Would recommend.

Mark S
Mark SSydney

Fantastic

I've been with AAMI for some 20 years now (different cars in that time). I've had 2 at fault accidents, 1 not at fault accident and two hail claims. AAMI has always come though for me and never disputed the claims.

Whilst AAMI's handling of the claims wasn't perfect, over all it was very good and wound't feel right taking a star away for it.

I have no problems recommending AAMI.

RichardP
RichardPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Competitive pricing and good claims handling

I am not loyal to any insurance company and always get 3 quotes each year.
We have three polices with AAMI giving us a multi policy discount. The renewals for our two cars from AAMI came in second cheapest. We decided to renew with AAMI because we had 3 not at fault claims in the last two years and each time AAMI handled the process very well.

Surfaone
SurfaoneSydney, NSW

Recommended insurer

Shane
Shane

Fantastic response to our car accident

A young guy reversed into our car and damaged the front badly. We contacted AAMI expecting an issue as we had no proof and could have been accused of us causing a rear end. They were fantastic to action repairs immediately with no excess charged. Very pleasantly surprise with loads of updates and info on status of claim and repairs.

Sean
SeanSydney, NSW

Impressed with AAMI's handling of a claim

I completed an exhaustive analysis on which insurerer to go with. AAMI were mid table on premium alone, 20% more expensive than the cheapest. The main reason I paid a premium to go with AAMI was their reputation for paying out on valid claims. Within two weeks of having my insurance I was side swiped by a truck. Within an hour of the accident, and my confirmation of the driver at fault, AAMI had covered my claim, and had booked my car in to get assessed the next morning! This reduced the stress of a collision considerably. I recieved my car back, repairs were first class on my metallic paint Mercedes-Benz.

Erle W.
Erle W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Can't do enough for you!

I have been insured by AAMI for around 20 years and had a few claims, not all my fault, but had 2 write offs due to flood damage. No questions, just fixed and paid out. They may not have been always as quick as I would have liked, but there were no problems, all fixed. The preferred window repairer shafted me, so I will not go near O'Brien's again, but AAMI deserves five stars. Looking at other reviews, there are 2 sides to every story, but AAMI has always been great for communication and support.

Allen
AllenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Has a Positive experience

Zaxon
Zaxon

Faultless Experience

I've had my vehicles insured with AAMI for about 10 years now, solely because they've given me the cheapest quotes. Whenever I've had a claim, they've always looked after me. I inherently distrust insurance, since their job is to wiggle out of paying your claims, but I've never found that to be a problem with AAMI.

The icing on the cake, is that I had a repair done several years ago, but the paint is flaking. The original repairer has gone out of business. AAMI has paid for me to go to a new repairer with their repair guarantee. I couldn't have asked for better service.

I would definitely recommend them for car insurance.

Been an easy ride

Prompt , friendly, excellent customer service in regards to accidental car damage and repairs. I have been with this company for around 30 years now and I have been very happy with AAMI during this time.

Simon M
Simon MSydney

Very Professional

Made me feel extremely at ease. Very professional, easy process. What could’ve been very stressful was very painless. Highly recommended. Most people only leave reviews when they’ve had bad experiences, so I think AAMI’s score is unjustified.

AMD
AMDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best Insurance company I have dealt with

I had to make a claim on my car. The girl on the phone made it seem very easy. They booked the mechanic the next day. They even paid for my cab home. They are a great company to deal with

JosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What an excellent industry and service!!!! Coming from a non-customer whom as a courtesy had her car fixed!

I am not a member of AAMI insurance, but after what they did for me, things may change in the future. They were truly marvellous and I cannot express gratitude enough.
My car was accidentally swiped by another driver. Details were passed and I was informed AAMI would take care of the damage. This in itself shows that AAMI customers are some of the most secure and happy. And, BOY!, did they take care of it, not only did they do a brilliant job on my car, but they patched up some scratches, I had done myself on it months earlier, and that was not even part of the accident. They called it as a courtesy, I call it Brilliant Service!!! I also call it living up to the fantastic values they set out to follow.

Hardy
HardyNew South Wales

AAMI is the best insurance company ever dealt with

My car was stolen recently. Contacted AAMI and the response I received was excellent. The customer care executive was very kind and polite. She organised a rental car for me. They gave me genuine updates when I contacted them. My car was written off and AAMI transferred the agreed amount of money to my account with out delay. I recommend AAMI to my friends and family.

Kerrilyn
KerrilynCentral Queensland, QLD

Not the Cheapest but definitely the easiest , Australian speaking, efficient to deal with

Have several policies and have just renewed all...had a couple of non-fault claims on eldest daughter's car. AAMI took control, organised absolutely everything, notified all parties of every step along the way, resolved incredibly fast...super impressed!

Ellie L.
Ellie L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Roadside assistance Quick and professional !!!

My car had a puncture last night. I called Aami and was told it could take up to 60 minutes. It only took 20 for Nick to arrive. He was so helpful and friendly.
The whole thing from my call took 35 minutes.
Thanks to Nick. He is in Melbourne.
Fantastic, Fast service and free as part of my policy. Thanks Aami you made my night !!!