How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• Claim ApprovedYes (31) · No
Isobel S

Isobel S

So happy with them

I have made 2 not-at-fault claims through AAMI and they have been incredible! Organised everything from tow trucks to taxis whilst on the phone to them. So kind and helpful. Very happy I paid for the hire car on my policy as I do feel that has been worth it.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Car ModelFord Escape ZG Titanium
Claim DateMay 2021
Cass

CassPerth, WA

I actually do feel lucky.

I was involved in an accident where I wasn't at fault. Staff were really kind, caring and helpful. Car is a write off as its not worth much. Less than a week since the accident and the funds for my car are already in my account. I will be taking out a policy with AAMI for the next car I buy. I couldn't fault them. I am really happy with the service.

Claim DateMarch 2021

Good Experience

Have 2 comprehensive vehicle insurance policies with AAMI, made a claim this year for minor damage caused by another vehicle whose details i had. I found the claim process quick and painless l did refuse to accept their 1st preference repairer and was escalated to a manager where i argued for another repairer l was familiar with for good work who was also a registered AAMI repairer but not promoted by AAMI. I had a hire car arranged and taxi to/from repairer. Based on my experience and I'm not someone who tolerates bad service I couldn't fault my experience and would recommend.
Only downside is their premiums increase by double digit % annually however if you call their c/s agent does have authority to reduce by 3%-5%.

Car ModelMazda 2
Claim DateAugust 2020

AngelitoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy and no red tapes regarding claims

I would like to thank this insurance for their excellent customer service and of course for processing my claims so quickly. I took me only few minutes to claim for my car repair and booked me in straight away for repair. I’m very happy that I decided to insured my car with AAMI. So for those looking for good insurance, this insurance is highly recommended. A+++

Claim DateSeptember 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Josh wineti

Josh wineti

I have been with AAMI for the last 5 or 6 years, could be more. Always very helpful and great on roadside assistance. When I lodged claims they take all the pressure off. Even through these toughs times gave me a great deal and discount, being off work. Much appreciated.

Phil Hicks

Phil HicksGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

5 stars for the person in Melbourne 1 star for the call taker in the phillipines

Always been with AAMI and they are great. They are competitive on price for long term customers HOWEVER. They Now have call takers in the Philippines I almost left them because of this. They are hard to understand and even thought they try they can't trully empathise with a fire that has consumed my fence.

Allen L.

Allen L.

Very good customer service and swifty repair

Car hit by someone's car so needed to make claim. Claim online application was easy and fast. Customer Service rep followed up very promptly. Repair was swifty and done in one day while new bumper, reverse senor and side panel required. Uber for free to and from repair center. Repair center staff were nice and professional. Been through different insurers but AAMI has given best experience.

Car ModelSubaru Liberty 6GEN 2.5i Premium
Chan t.

Chan t.Perth, WA

Aami -efficient, quick and wonderful service

I have been with many insurance company in my lifetime . I must say AAMI have been nothing but amazing . Both times I was in minor car accidents, I had no trouble getting my claims . It was so simple and quick ! They even offered Uber service to and from home. So thank u once again from the bottom of my heart AAMI.

Claim DateJune 2019

Matt

Matt

Smooth experience

Had a really smooth experience with AAMI, from the initial claims call, follow up txts and emails, to sorting a rental car while mine was being repaired. They organised Ubers from the repairer to the rental place and back. Even the repairer Capital Smart was very professional. Used to be with Coles, AAMI is far better.

Fastcat45

Fastcat45North Western Region, NSW

Great company who have quick response times. Whole family of 5 have all policies with Aami for many years. Recently had to make a claim for the Canberra hail storms and whole issue was resolved within 14days from start to finish.

Car ModelKia Cerato BD (Sedan) GT
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claimant is the policy holderNo
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Niki

NikiSydney

Awesome!

I have gone to other firms but keep coming back. By far the best, most hassle-free when making claims. Great service, no fuss. I've been lucky to be with Aami!

Mark S

Mark SSydney

Fantastic

I've been with AAMI for some 20 years now (different cars in that time). I've had 2 at fault accidents, 1 not at fault accident and two hail claims. AAMI has always come though for me and never disputed the claims.

Whilst AAMI's handling of the claims wasn't perfect, over all it was very good and wound't feel right taking a star away for it.

I have no problems recommending AAMI.

RichardP

RichardPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Competitive pricing and good claims handling

I am not loyal to any insurance company and always get 3 quotes each year.
We have three polices with AAMI giving us a multi policy discount. The renewals for our two cars from AAMI came in second cheapest. We decided to renew with AAMI because we had 3 not at fault claims in the last two years and each time AAMI handled the process very well.

Car ModelFord Mondeo MA
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2018
Shane

Shane

Fantastic response to our car accident

A young guy reversed into our car and damaged the front badly. We contacted AAMI expecting an issue as we had no proof and could have been accused of us causing a rear end. They were fantastic to action repairs immediately with no excess charged. Very pleasantly surprise with loads of updates and info on status of claim and repairs.

Car ModelToyota Kluger AWD Hybrid Grande
Claim DateNovember 2019

ChittyD

ChittyDasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Wendy0707

Wendy0707asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Jase J.

Jase J.asked

Car Insurance

Why is my claim review taking so long I am homless and live out the car I suffer a neurological disease that causes me to stutter AAMI thought they put the call on hold but took it off for me to hear them picking on my stutter saying nnnnooooo moooonnnnneeeyyyy fffffooooorrrrr hhhhimmmm I have contacted 2gb and am contacting channel 9 I just wanted to hurt myself after hearing the mocking and have only just been released from hospital

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage