How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• <1 week (15)
    • 1-2 weeks (10)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (31) · No (0)
Sanju
SanjuPerth, WA

It was helpful for me multiple times

Fast response, assessment and repairs in a reputed workshop. I found their works good and experienced this multiple times so far (two collisions and one written off not at my fault)

Jainesh
JaineshSydney

Awesome helpful

Great staff , always helpful and willing to go that extra mile to make sure your happy
Wouldn’t change .

Shizza
ShizzaCharlestown

Good service, pay claims promptly

I've made several claims over the years.
AAMI service is good when dropping the car off for assessment.
The repairs they arrange are good quality with a life time guarantee.

Chris
ChrisNSW, 2000

4 years in, still competitive on cover and pricing

Easy to reach in time of need, great online facilities, friendly onshore staff, for something I would rarely rave about. Guess I can touch wood I haven't needed to claim yet, but I've moved, changed cover, cars, and it has always been easy as, with friendly people on the phone. Surprisingly, my favourite feature is the fact I can set a agreed value for the car, which is what I'd be entitled to if it's a write off. Most other insurers "set" the agreed value so its hardly agreed... Thanks AAMI!

AAMI - Perfect Service Provide

I have been with AAMI for the last four years and this is the best choice I have made.
Their customer service is great, staff are always friendly and helpful.
I have submitted my claim at around midday the next morning I have received call and my car was booked in for repairs - HOW GOOD IS THAT NOT MANY INSURANCE COMPANIES OFFER THE SAME SERVICE
My car was repaired within three days and perfect job was done.
Thank you AAMI for perfect customer service
Definitely recommend AAMI
I have all my Insurances with AMMI each claim I made never had a problem

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers

Great customer service

Not even with AAMI but had a great experience. Had a not at fault motorbike accident about 2 weeks ago. Called AAMI after I was given the claim number from the other party as I didn't have comprehensive. Bike was picked up and sent to the mechanic, rental car sorted out and gear reimbursed all within a week of the accident. Motorbike ended up being written off :( but in the process of being paid the value now. After I purchase a new bike, I'm changing my insurer to AAMI regardless of price just because of the efficient and excellent service. Will definitely recommend AAMI to my friends and family.

LadyBree
LadyBree

Could be better

EDIT! I think all the insurance companies are much the same. Make sure if you get Comprehensive Car Insurance with AAMI you buy the unlimited (it is 21 days at most though) hire car, it could save your butt. They could be better with communication, some of their phone operators need to learn how to read files properly (more training), they need to call you back if they accidentally hang up on you after leaving you on hold for 30 minutes. The "free taxi" service they offer actually involves you paying for the taxi and them reimbursing you, which seemed more trouble than it was worth.

There are probably worse insurance companies tbh. Would be nice if they all improved their service considering how much money they make off us.

Kim
Kim

Super impressed with AAMI Car Claim

I've only been with AAMI a few years but I had switched to them for my car insurance about two months prior to my first claim. It was a claim that wasn't my fault and the driver drove off, but someone had taken photos. The damage was fixed incredibly quickly, no dramas, no excess because I wasn't at fault (thank goodness because it was Christmas 2017).

SMaB
SMaBMelbourne

Excellent service - highly recommend

amazing customer service

I had to follow up something on my policy after being credited $125 and wondering what on earth for, I spoke to a lovely lady called Jade, who checked all my policies fixed up everything super fast while I was on the phone, I have had one claim with them that was so extremely stress free, I am so glad I have all 4 of my policies with them and will continue to do so for as long as I have a car and bike.

ILOW
ILOWPerth, WA

Does NOT offer vehicle towing

Bought AAMI roadside assist along with the insurance. They were the most affordable I could find, but one day my car was bogged in sand and I called roadside assist, and they said they don't do bogs. They do flat batteries, flat tyres, but not bogs. I had to call RAC and sign up with their roadside assist to get unbogged. I'm going RAC in the future.

Insurance claim madeNo

Great service on car claim

I had to recently submit AAMI car insurance claim for minor incident. Was very impressed with service and fast turn around. Everything was organised in a single phone call. Car was repaired faster than expected with regular updates on progress.
Well done and thank you.

Great customer service

Changed our insurance details and had a customer service lady named Emily Ireland who was extremely helpful and very pleasant .

Excellent Customer Service!!!

I've been with AAMI few years now and was always happy, but yesterday, the ladies at the call centre, they literally went far and beyond. All 3 ladies (Lauren, Chloe and Di) were not only extremely poslite and helpful, but also clear and prompt in their replies on any matter. I really wanna thank them again for doing their job at the best of their abilities and with so much kindness.

Micky O
Micky OGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Been with AAMI for years and no complaints!

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Wendy0707
Wendy0707asked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito
Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Jase J.
Jase J.asked
Car Insurance

Why is my claim review taking so long I am homless and live out the car I suffer a neurological disease that causes me to stutter AAMI thought they put the call on hold but took it off for me to hear them picking on my stutter saying nnnnooooo moooonnnnneeeyyyy fffffooooorrrrr hhhhimmmm I have contacted 2gb and am contacting channel 9 I just wanted to hurt myself after hearing the mocking and have only just been released from hospital

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage