Listing monitored by AAMI

• <1 week (16)
    • 1-2 weeks (10)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (32) · No (0)
opinionated
opinionatedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

More than fair for this older P plater

Cate
CateGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Claim Payout Experience

Do to unfortunate circumstances I have had to make 3 total loss claims over last 5 years. I was very impressed with prompt assessment and payment for each claim. I would never use any other insurance. Thank you AAMI.

Meg
MegGlen Waverley

BEST INSURER EVER

I love aami so much i felt the need to make a review i absolutely love them they are amazing my whole family speaks volumes of how incredible this company is and I never want to leave them they have helped me so much today a women crashed into me and I just got off the phone with a lovely man from aami about it, my car is getting repaired in 2 days... 2 DAYS this time next week my car will be good as new again and not only do I not pay a cent, I dont have to chase up the other party about paying for the damage, my premium doesnt go up AND i get a free cab ride to and from the repairs so thankyou so much aami and everyone reading seriously go with aami ive been with other companies and these guys take the cake they are amazing

Keith2
Keith2Adelaide

When needed they were there and good

Dave
DavePerth West Australia

Excellent service and faultless repairs done to my 1 YO landcruiser.

Very competitive premium and good support setting up policy. . I had an accident in a car park - It was my fault - I backed into a truck & damaged the tail gate & tailight of my vehicle. Car fixed like new. They gave me the repairer & they handled entire affair with no fuss whatsoever ( repairs done very quickly by S.M.A.R.T IN Booragoon W.A.) even a courtesy taxi back home and back to repairer to collect car a couple of days later. Very happy with this company.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers

Excellent service and fast resolution

Policy was good value, once I haggled them down a bit. Super easy to set up - when I bought my car I found out that my previous insurer wouldn't accommodate me, so I was without car insurance on a financed car. Rang AAMI, they were super nice, super helpful. Got me set up, and I went 3 and a half glorious years without making a claim, until...

... My car was crashed into while I was in bed asleep, so the beginnings of my claim were started at 230am with very little facts. Operator was understand and helpful. Once all facts were available, things moved along quite quickly, and I was kept in the loop every step of the way. Unfortunately my car was declared a write-off, and AAMI was super quick in finalising the payout.

Sue W
Sue WPerth, WA

great service

I had a minor claim to do and was rather worried having read all the bad reviews but was pleasantly surprised. The claim was done quickly and efficiently over the phone, a taxi took me home from the repair place and picked me up again 3 days later with everything fixed. Thank you Aami!

Brooke D
Brooke DSydney, NSW

Thank you AAMI!

As we all know accidents are terrible, pesty insurance companies only make it worse but AAMI were a dream. I had an accident where I failed to give way at a stop sign - two weeks later my claim was complete. AAMI took care of everything, it was all processed so easily and they kept me in the loop every step of the way. It was a brand new car, only 10 months old so I was given the option of a pay out or a replacement (I had comprehensive cover) - there wasn't a short fall so the payout was perfect to cover my finance. I walked away from the accident debt free. No intrusive questions. All friendly and super helpful staff. 110% would recommend. Thank you AAMI.

Other Car Insurance

Customer service was outstanding and claims process quick, easy and painless.

Backed into a tree...in my brand new car. My fault. AAMI customer service was great and the claims process simple and hassle free, no arguments or quibbles. The claim was processed, one quote for repair and car fixed within 3 weeks. And the recommended repairer did an immaculate job.

Lucky I was with AAMI :)

Amazing service

Recently needed to make claim - total claim took about 5 minutes then my car was booked in and repaired the following day with a chauffeured car taking me to work and collecting me to bring me back to my car when it was ready.
Easy process- will be moving outer second car over to aami as this was the best service I have received with any insurance claim.

LHF
LHFAU

Amazing service and speedy execution of claim.

One only finds out how professional an insurance company is when you have to lodge a claim. I cannot praise AAMI enough as our car was involved in an accident caused by a third party.

From the first phone call to the confirmation of the agreed payout it was a stress free and seamless experience.

Thank you to all the professional and competent people who executed our claim in such an efficient way.

10/10 Rating

Speak to a real person!

When you call you speak to a real person who straight away directs you to the person who can assist you. No automated messages and going through long instructions of pressing numbers to get to the section you want. Customer service is always excellent. It has been a long 12+ year relationship with them and have had the experience of having to make a claim once. It was looked after behind the scenes and taken care of swiftly and easily. Once I saw that a quote with someone else would be cheaper and they matched it for me (which is great as I would have hated to go to another insurance company and be a number in a queue again). I love my insurance company and wouldn't change to anyone else.

Paul
PaulSydney, NSW

Ran into car with my son driving - quick repair - claim handled professionally

Claim was made after the phone and processed instantly. Car was booking in for the repair and only took 2 days. Great service - thanks AMMI

Tomasi
TomasiMelbourne

AAMI were better than Budget Direct

After spending 20 minutes on the phone with budget direct and getting nowhere, I called AAMI and spoke to Stacey. She was really helpful and professional. It was also nice to know that their policy was more competitive (in my case at least) even though they may have a perception of being more expensive. But more importantly, I will be sticking with this mob going forward because of their good old fashioned customer service. Thanks again.

Lorraine
Lorraine

Budget Direct v AAMI

23 June 16 Budget Direct online has 25% off. Completed online and premium $599 for a car worth around $2,000. 1 claim not my fault. 30yr old. No rating. I did same details online for AAMI cost under $200 for $2,160 insurance. So I am going with AAMI. The accident was an AAMI policy holder who wrote off my car with his careless driving. I was stationery at lights. At the time I had been looking for insurance but had not decided. AAMI gave me a rental, paid out my car at a reasonable price and excellent insurance for another car. I am staying with them.

pradeepa
pradeepaAU

Best service and fast repirs

AAMI service was really good, specially the repair they asked to take the car- gave my car in 1 week, very fast service
Smart repair sunshine did a good and reliable service to my car.
Really happy :)

Black Dalek
Black DalekSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been with AAMI since 1982

Have been a with AAMI since 1982 and have been a rating 1 for many many years. Recently had an accident that was my fault. Loved being able to fill in all the details online using the Apple App. Less stressful than having to wait on phone in que!! Car was repaired very quickly and to my satisfaction. From start to finish was kept up to date with progress of repairs and was given a complementary taxi to and from repairer. Smart Repairer in Archerfield Brisbane was very knowledgeable and explained everything in simple terms so I could understand exactly what they we're going to do. Very happy!!

Dan
DanNorthcote

Had two claims since this year of 2016 at not fault by me

Andrew.H
Andrew.H

Absolutely fantastic

Fantastic and fast easy very satisfied. I will be highly recommending aami to anyone and everyone. Absolutely fantastic job. Customer service was also brilliant!

expattrSydney Surrounds, NSW

average

I made my claim over the phone , they switched to operator within one minute.
Operator was not rude,answered all of my questions. At first time, I arranged a report . At the second time, I arranged claim and rental car as my policy covers rental car.

I hope the remaining part of my process proceeds as smoothly as it can.

May 13th 2016 Update:
Today, I bring my car to capital smart.inspector, receptionist were friendly, it took me 10 minute to finish assessment
As I have car rental provision, they arranged me taxi . There is no problem at all.Aami provide me good service up to now.

MtheMan
MtheManMosman

Online Policy renewal loses no claim bonus and driver status

lisa
lisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

it always needs a push

Everyone I think how this company works is to push HARD, bargain HARD, TRY VERY HARD

I have been an aami customer for years and had 2 claims, 1st one was an easy one as I was under the 3rd party policy

2nd one under full insurance, car got stolen, need to call them like EVERYDAY to PUSH the process. At the end I got paid out and haven't been waiting for long. It was all about PUSHING I think, without the work I couldn't got solved that quick.

rciyer
rciyerMelbourne

Had a first time claim with AAMI for a almost new car. Absolutely no hassles at all in assessment and settlement of claim. A second quote from a nominated repairer was organised as per my request. All the consultants, assessor and replacement team members were totally professional and helpful. It does take time to get connected (+20 minutes) every time and lot of follow-up is required. Claim process for total loss and replacement took total 7 weeks but as I was provided a hired car within 30 minutes of the accident till settlement, it was OK.
Would highly recommend AAMI to anyone, suggest use hired car option then no impact of delays in repairs/settlement.

So easy, no stress

I have been with Aami for years and had never had a claim. The first time someone hit me was scary, I got all the details etc... but Aami said all you need is their licence plate. I got taxi vouchers to drop off and pick up my car, all repaired at no cost to me. I was surprised how easy they were to deal with, friendly, and they only do Agreed value.
Worth the extra money

Mark
MarkMelbourne

Good value cover and friendly and efficient to deal with

Very competitive and easy quoting process allowing you to select your own value and amount of excess you'd like. Friendly, polite and efficient to deal with. Used them a few years ago, moved to a lease with its own insurance, and now moved back to AAMI. Would recommend.

Trayayasked
Car Insurance

Why AAMI has my comprehensive car insurance increased by more than $140 dollars since last year from $343.40 to $487.84 for this renewal??????? I haven't paid it yet and feel inclined not to. That is a ridiculous increase!!!

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Trayay, thanks for reaching out. As this is a third party review site, we can't assist with policies through here. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth for ID, or give us a call on 13 22 44. Our team is available 8am-10pm AEST every day.

Cindy Rice
Cindy Riceasked
Car Insurance

My pH no is [Number Removed], My name is Cindy Rice and am a AMMI member, I need roadside assist now rego [Number Removed], Can someone come to Woodlark st Lismore NSW CNR of Mary G's hotel, my address as a customer is [Address Removed], plz can you call me asap

Nik_41
Nik_41

Cindy you really shouldn’t put your personal information on the internet. They are not going to come to you from this message, it is a review site.

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear you're having car trouble. We're unable to provide service through here as it is a third party review site. Please give our Roadside Assist team a call on 1800 154 810 and they'll be able to send someone out for you.

Please delete this post, as it contains your personal details. In order to keep your details secure, please do not ever post them publicly, or in private messages unless requested directly from a trusted source. - M

Trayay

Customer Service .. please call her to advise!! Show some decent customer service! She sounds stressed!

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage