How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• <1 week (14)
    • 1-2 weeks (9)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (28) · No (0)
Zaxon

Zaxon

Faultless Experience

I've had my vehicles insured with AAMI for about 10 years now, solely because they've given me the cheapest quotes. Whenever I've had a claim, they've always looked after me. I inherently distrust insurance, since their job is to wiggle out of paying your claims, but I've never found that to be a problem with AAMI.

The icing on the cake, is that I had a repair done several years ago, but the paint is flaking. The original repairer has gone out of business. AAMI has paid for me to go to a new repairer with their repair guarantee. I couldn't have asked for better service.

I would definitely recommend them for car insurance.

Been an easy ride

Prompt , friendly, excellent customer service in regards to accidental car damage and repairs. I have been with this company for around 30 years now and I have been very happy with AAMI during this time.

Simon M

Simon MSydney

Very Professional

Made me feel extremely at ease. Very professional, easy process. What could’ve been very stressful was very painless. Highly recommended. Most people only leave reviews when they’ve had bad experiences, so I think AAMI’s score is unjustified.

AMD

AMDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best Insurance company I have dealt with

I had to make a claim on my car. The girl on the phone made it seem very easy. They booked the mechanic the next day. They even paid for my cab home. They are a great company to deal with

JosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What an excellent industry and service!!!! Coming from a non-customer whom as a courtesy had her car fixed!

I am not a member of AAMI insurance, but after what they did for me, things may change in the future. They were truly marvellous and I cannot express gratitude enough.
My car was accidentally swiped by another driver. Details were passed and I was informed AAMI would take care of the damage. This in itself shows that AAMI customers are some of the most secure and happy. And, BOY!, did they take care of it, not only did they do a brilliant job on my car, but they patched up some scratches, I had done myself on it months earlier, and that was not even part of the accident. They called it as a courtesy, I call it Brilliant Service!!! I also call it living up to the fantastic values they set out to follow.

Hardy

HardyNew South Wales

AAMI is the best insurance company ever dealt with

My car was stolen recently. Contacted AAMI and the response I received was excellent. The customer care executive was very kind and polite. She organised a rental car for me. They gave me genuine updates when I contacted them. My car was written off and AAMI transferred the agreed amount of money to my account with out delay. I recommend AAMI to my friends and family.

Kerrilyn

KerrilynCentral Queensland, QLD

Not the Cheapest but definitely the easiest , Australian speaking, efficient to deal with

Have several policies and have just renewed all...had a couple of non-fault claims on eldest daughter's car. AAMI took control, organised absolutely everything, notified all parties of every step along the way, resolved incredibly fast...super impressed!

Ellie L.

Ellie L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Roadside assistance Quick and professional !!!

My car had a puncture last night. I called Aami and was told it could take up to 60 minutes. It only took 20 for Nick to arrive. He was so helpful and friendly.
The whole thing from my call took 35 minutes.
Thanks to Nick. He is in Melbourne.
Fantastic, Fast service and free as part of my policy. Thanks Aami you made my night !!!

lucky I am with AAMI

I had couple of things happening, with AAMI felt well look after, secure,and fully protected.
l was lucky to have AAMI, their employees are amazing they help you all way through.
l had my property insured with them, and now l am bringing forward my cars l am not happy with service from other insurers.

Milenaemma

MilenaemmaMelbourne, Victoria

good, reliable insurance company

we are with AAMI many years (7?)
we insure all with them. Last car accident showed how diligent they are. Call-orginised the car repar-orginise car transporting-free taxi;
they or their repair company inform us in every stage.

Viktor

ViktorSydney, NSW

Good value

I've been with this insurance for 3 years. Had to claim a small accident with another driver at fault. AAMI organized everything for me (repair, taxi) within one week. Happy to continue being with AAMI

Happy Home

Happy HomeSydney, NSW

Happy with AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance

I have had AAMI Comprehensive Car Insurance on my Kia Rio since I bought it in 2012 and have been happy with their willingness to give me a discount for being a good driver. My previous car was written off in an accident and they paid it all back to me so was happy with that. Their phone staff have always been helpful with me so I've been happy with that.

Very happy with aami car insurance

Have had aami insurance for over twelve years and have had two family cars written off in this time and they have been great with follow up each time. Highly recommend.

Ray.B

Ray.BSydney Surrounds, NSW

Express Service

Recently had to have hail repairs done to my 2 year old Suzuki Swift.Took my car to Bella Vista assessing as arranged,repairs were booked for following week..As we live about 90km from repair centre ,they arranged a truck to pick up from my home and returned three days later,looking like new again! (also cleaned).
Cannot fault there service.

Countrygal

Countrygal

Can't fault the service AAMI Insurance delivers.

Have been with AAMI insurance for 5 years and can say with confidence they are a great Insurance company. I live in Country Victoria and consequently had 3 accidents involving Kangaroos within 18 months and AAMI have been marvelous !!. They checked I was ok first and then went straight into organizing a tow truck, I picked the crash repair company and they got my vehicle fixed & back promptly. Recently my vehicle was written off and again AAMI was marvelous. Would thoroughly recommend AAMI Insurance.

Dellys1602

Dellys1602Perth, WA

Be adamant with what you expect

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Tim

Tim

Caring, understanding and efficient with my at fault claim

Too often with products, we will only review for a negative experience and not bother with a positive experience.
I recently was involved in a horrible car crash where I was technically at fault and my car and another car where both written off (everyone was fine thankfully).
I shortly after, called Aami to lodge a claim, the representative was friendly, kind and caring and answered all my questions while reassuring I'd be taken care of.
I was kept up to date with the process and was paid out the full amount on my policy about a week later. I've since bought another car and have insured with Aami again.
I felt terrible about the accident and was humbled by how Aami took care of me.
Highly recommended.

Pippilala

PippilalaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wonderful Service and Access to Benefits!

They helped me to change my existing motor vehicle policy over to my new car, so that I retained my rating and my safe driver reward. This was something that I was completely unaware was possible and it saved me a LOT of money! Then, they helped me to set up month-by-month payment for cover of my old car, which is perfect because I am trying to sell it! I also have my home and contents with Aami. Their service is wonderful. They even give customers access to Suncorp Benefits (discounts on e-gift cards and regular gift cards)!!! They certainly make me feel valued as a customer.

bernie l

bernie lmelbourne

excellent claims service

had several claims with aami. excellent service each time. provided taxi to and from assessment center, kept us informed of progress and delivered on time. Most recent was hail damage, car fixed quickly and perfectly. highly recommended, but check and phone before paying renewal. beware of insurance that sounds good when they take your money, it is how they pay up that is the issue and aami have been great for us every time.

Insurance claim madeYes
Sanju

SanjuPerth, WA

It was helpful for me multiple times

Fast response, assessment and repairs in a reputed workshop. I found their works good and experienced this multiple times so far (two collisions and one written off not at my fault)

Insurance claim madeYes

ChittyD

ChittyDasked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Wendy0707

Wendy0707asked

Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito
Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Jase J.

Jase J.asked

Car Insurance

Why is my claim review taking so long I am homless and live out the car I suffer a neurological disease that causes me to stutter AAMI thought they put the call on hold but took it off for me to hear them picking on my stutter saying nnnnooooo moooonnnnneeeyyyy fffffooooorrrrr hhhhimmmm I have contacted 2gb and am contacting channel 9 I just wanted to hurt myself after hearing the mocking and have only just been released from hospital

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance

Underwritten by the Suncorp Network, AAMI offers four car insurance policies: CTP green slip for NSW, ACT and SA, Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage Only, and Fire, Theft and Third Party Property Damage.

Points of praise for AAMI:

• AAMI's top score was given for its timeliness in responding to claims.
  • Friendly and personable customer service was appreciated. Two customers reported AAMI ‘going above and beyond’ by helping them generously during times of financial hardship.
  • Multiple reviewers reported that AAMI offered to organise Ubers from the repairer to and from their homes. Others enjoyed a smooth and hassle-free experience when making claims, with quick response times from AAMI.

Pain points with AAMI:

• AAMI’s chosen repairers and roadside-assist contractors were thought to be low quality
  • Premiums increasing considerably even with no claims being made (this increase in premiums appeared to also apply to customers who had taken out multiple policies with AAMI, e.g. home and contents insurance along with car insurance).
Compare all 4 AAMI Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and TravelBusiness, Health, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle, Pet and Travel
Coverage TypeCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)ComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Not IncludedIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedOptional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Included, up to $90 per day for unlimited days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is returned undamaged;
  • your car is repaired and returned to you;
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot ApplicableIncluded up to $250 per claim for Transport costs, and up to $1,000 for Emergency Accomodation if you are more than 100km from home (combined with Emergency Repairs and Personal Property)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys (applies to 'Damage by uninsured drivers' claims only)Reasonable taxi costs included for up to 2 journeys
Towing Costs Not ApplicableIncludedIncluded (only for a claim made under 'Damage by uninsured drivers'Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Included - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location. Benefit ceases when:

• your car is repaired and returned to you; or
  • your claim is settled

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot ApplicableIncluded (combined with Emergency Accomodation & Personal Property), up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Included up to 21 days - must use car by AAMI provider if available and within a reasonable distance of your location

Not Included

Lock and Key ReplacementNot ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot ApplicableTwo-Wheel Trailer Cover included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot ApplicableIncluded up to $500 per claimNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Applicable

Included, if you are the first registered owner of the car and it is less than 2 years old

Not Included

Personal Property CoverNot ApplicableIncluded up to $1,000 (combined with Emergency Accomodation and Repairs)Not IncludedIncluded up to $500 (does not include cash, tools and items use for business or trade)
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableNot ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage